I have, for years, been storing all my magazines on a shelf in my safe, as have most others i'm sure. I am frankly getting tired of storing pistol mags in that way because they keep falling over.

So i'm looking into different alternative storage solutions, one of which is magnets. Does anyone have experience storing loaded mags using magnets, are there any side effects such as the mags getting magnetized, or anything else?

I use a magnet tool holder that I got at Home Depot to store all my metal magazines on the door of my gun cabinet. Loaded or not, it holds the magazines perfectly. I have noticed no ill effects on the mags at all.

• Like 1

Just now, RichP said:

Plastic Sterilite box from Home Depot.

1 Box for mags, another for holsters and magazine carriers - just dump them all in.

No way I'd waste valuable space in the safe for mags. :)

Loaded mags with small kids in the house

4 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

Loaded mags with small kids in the house

Why does that matter? Do they have access to the handguns too? Why can't they go in a plastic case like mentioned above on the top shelf of a closet?

5 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Why does that matter? Do they have access to the handguns too? Why can't they go in a plastic case like mentioned above on the top shelf of a closet?

Because i don't want my kids, or their friends, to have access to the ammo unless they are with me at the range.