Downtownv

Announcement: I am a CRKT and a Cold Steel Authorized Distributor

If you're looking at any of these drop me a note, I'll do my best for you.

I have a storefront (required) any Amazon/eBay knives are NOT covered by Manufactures lifetime warranties and there are a lot of counterfeits sold there.

Both companies address this on their sites.

Store location Pleasantville NJ Iam on the Dealer Locator Maps. I ship anywhere.

I stock over 100 different models, however they are not in open display shown by appointment.

Benchmade line coming in the Fall

One item for any knife enthusiast is the Veff-1 Sharpening System I stock these CRKT no longer sells them. $55 delivered price.

I know Tom Veff and he is an amazing man. His Veff serration will make you rethink Plain edge knives

• Like 2

Flat, multiple diameter round files, allows the right file for the particular blade. All you need to fo is black marker your edge prior to sharpening only file the marker off, no more than that. Stones are the most difficult regard the wrong angle, resulting in a duller knife, not sharper than when you stared out...

I have a boxful of sharpers that either suck, are difficult to operate, overpriced over engineered that probably amounts to hundreds of $ worth of useless. This is simple to you portable and fairly inexpensive. I am the largest seller of these and ALL of my reviews are impeccable.

Flat, multiple diameter round files, allows the right file for the particular blade. All you need to fo is black marker your edge prior to sharpening only file the marker off, no more than that. Stones are the most difficult regard the wrong angle, resulting in a duller knife, not sharper than when you stared out...
I have a boxful of sharpers that either suck, are difficult to operate, overpriced over engineered that probably amounts to hundreds of $ worth of useless. This is simple to you portable and fairly inexpensive. I am the largest seller of these and ALL of my reviews are impeccable.

Ah that's what he meant by the black marker. Wish I knew about this years ago. I ruined more than one blade learning how to sharpen a knife through trial and error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Join the club...

The next best thing is the Ken Onion sharpening sytem but it's $125+ and you will never get that "Extreme Edge" like the Veff does.

Ah that's what he meant by the black marker. Wish I knew about this years ago. I ruined more than one blade learning how to sharpen a knife through trial and error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know a lot of knives snobs but do they really own a randolf or a Chris Reeves? do they use it as and EDC? Would they turn a screw or pry with them?

Gimme a crkt abuse it break it and get a free replacement

lose it (Which is my specialty) and your not out $300 $400 $500 $800. They're safe queens gimme a beat it up and keep it sharp knife, that my usage....

I make this offer to my fellow members:

I will send you my demo unit to try, Pay for it. if you like it  keep it or return it for a new sealed package.

"Satisfaction Guaranteed or get your love back!"- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes

drop me a note...

41 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

@Downtownv Where are CRKT knives made? I can't seem to find that information on their website. 

Thanks,

Chris

world wide mostly China. I have Cold steel's that are Taiwan  Germany and Italy.

what type of knife are you looking for? Black/white steel plaing or serrated? Folder/non folder? etc

3 hours ago, Downtownv said:

world wide mostly China. I have Cold steel's that are Taiwan  Germany and Italy.

what type of knife are you looking for? Black/white steel plaing or serrated? Folder/non folder? etc

-Folding

-Assisted open that is NJ legal.

- 3" or under blade with partial serration

- High quality 

- Some sort of extra locking mechanism so it won't collapse on my hand should it be needed to pierce a rabid coyote's skull (or something similar). 

- An effective guard to stop my hand from sliding onto the open blade should it be plunged into that rabid coyote's skull.

- Bonus points if it has a glass breaker 

16 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

-Folding

-Assisted open that is NJ legal.

- 3" or under blade with partial serration

- High quality 

- Some sort of extra locking mechanism so it won't collapse on my hand should it be needed to pierce a rabid coyote's skull (or something similar). 

- An effective guard to stop my hand from sliding onto the open blade should it be plunged into that rabid coyote's skull.

- Bonus points if it has a glass breaker 

Here are my recommendations for you.

ALL have excellent safety locking Mechanisms!

All Have lifetime warranties if bought from an authorized dealer (Not eBay or Amazon)

OK Bear and son Cutlery made In ALABAMA!

# 61103

https://www.teampython.com/product-category/bear-son/

Cold Steel:

Finn wolf or working Man

https://www.teampython.com/product-category/cold-steel/

CRKT:

R1702

R1706k

https://www.teampython.com/product-category/crkt/