1LtCAP

transportation

ok. flying to orlando this weekend. then need to get from there to fort pierce to pick up moms car. anyone got any affordable suggestions? i think renting a car's gonna be out for me, 'cause i don't own a credit card. i found one super cheap shuttle service....but they've got such horrible reviews that a couple horrible reviews would likely improve their ratings.

flight arrives tomorrow night 10:15'ish. already got a hotel room booked for the night, and a quick shuttle to there. that same company wants 300 bucks though to go to ft pierce.

anyone got any suggestions?

this is the sketchy looking one........i might find myself trying them though....

http://www.bookings.floridashuttletransportation.com/index.php?option=com_taxi&view=service&disp=15&ari=7

Here's another limo service that's around the same price range based on the info you provided. I plugged it in and gives you a price of $288.96 but not sure if that is the final price or the price BEFORE taxes. No option to head straight to destination upon arrival?

http://www.orlandotransportations.com/booking

uber might be a good idea. i was trying to not spend 300 or so bucks for this ride. uber estimates about 97 to 193 for uberx or uberxl(dunno the difference. i had seen the greyhound bus service, hadn't thought that viable?

if i do uber.....has any of you set up accounts, and do i do it on the phone or on their website, then download the app?

uber might be a good idea. i was trying to not spend 300 or so bucks for this ride. uber estimates about 97 to 193 for uberx or uberxl(dunno the difference. i had seen the greyhound bus service, hadn't thought that viable?

if i do uber.....has any of you set up accounts, and do i do it on the phone or on their website, then download the app?

Pretty sure Uber requires credit card. Can use from phone, tablet, or website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Pretty sure Uber requires credit card. Can use from phone, tablet, or website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it requires a credit card and the app on the phone. Hence the buddy's credit card. If he/she trusts you just add the card to the account that you create and then you can start using the app. You request for the car and they quote you the price.The Uber driver gets paid by the company so they don't need to see the card. As long as it's valid when you add to your Uber account it shouldn't be a prob. Uber X and Uber XL could just be the category of the car IE a mid sized car versus a luxury etc. In your case I would assume the cheapest is the preferred choice. I also heard that the rates also vary based on the time the car is requested. I guess if there's more demand such as rush hour or a rainy day you could pay more. 

7 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

Yes it requires a credit card and the app on the phone. Hence the buddy's credit card. If he/she trusts you just add the card to the account that you create and then you can start using the app. You request for the car and they quote you the price.The Uber driver gets paid by the company so they don't need to see the card. As long as it's valid when you add to your Uber account it shouldn't be a prob. Uber X and Uber XL could just be the category of the car IE a mid sized car versus a luxury etc. In your case I would assume the cheapest is the preferred choice. I also heard that the rates also vary based on the time the car is requested. I guess if there's more demand such as rush hour or a rainy day you could pay more. 

yea. they call it push pricing or something like that. there was some kind of "scandal" due to that a couple years ago.

i made the account, but haven't added a card yet. i'm wondering if they even take fares of this distance? it's gonna be about 112 miles........

i was able to find an uber page that i could use to get a quote on the price, which isn't so bad considering........

44 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Can you use prepaid Cash cards with Uber?

no. they say no prepaid cards.

i'm gonna put moms card on file, use it as necessary, deposit the money in her account, then kill account when i get home.

yea. they call it push pricing or something like that. there was some kind of "scandal" due to that a couple years ago.

i made the account, but haven't added a card yet. i'm wondering if they even take fares of this distance? it's gonna be about 112 miles........
i was able to find an uber page that i could use to get a quote on the price, which isn't so bad considering........

My buddy does Uber for NJ. He had a pickup from Hoboken all the way to Troy, NY so yes they will go that far. It just depends on the drivers. The trip will get posted and the nearest driver should pick up the fare and take you to your destination.
You can always count on mom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk