JMich3

Have my FID, can i just Buy an AR?

I recently got my FID and my permit , with which i purchased a VP9. Ive been looking at the S&W AR 15-22 and was wondering if i could just walk into my local shop and buy it or do i need to obtain more paperwork? 

• Like 2

I recently got my FID and my permit , with which i purchased a VP9. Ive been looking at the S&W AR 15-22 and was wondering if i could just walk into my local shop and buy it or do i need to obtain more paperwork? 
Walk in to your local shop. That's what your FID card is good for. They will still need to process your NICS check. Depending on how backed up wait times are you may have to wait minutes, hours, next day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Shop around, some shops will gouge the shit out of you. Home based FFL's are usually great to deal with. Tanners in PA always has good deals. Your NJ FPID is good for other states to buy long guns. Hand guns can only be transferred to you in NJ. You can buy pistols in other states but need to be transferred to a NJ FFL.

• Like 1