JMich3

Cleaning S&W AR 15-22

If they are anything like the real AR pattern, should be extremely simple to clean.  I don't have one yet, so I'll have to take @Contrvlr's word on how easy they are.

GSG522 (.22 MP5 clone) is a real annoyance to really clean, and in stock form requires multiple tools to even get to the guts (mostly included).  And based on my experiences, any bulk HV ammo dirties it up so quickly that I have to go in and clean it thoroughly quite often, so you can't even enjoy it that long.  I guess I'll have to go back to running only CCI MiniMags.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, Contrvlr said:

It's an AR style rifle, pull the pins , separate the upper and lower receivers , remove charging handle and bolt, then clean , easy.

Yea, this has been my experience with the 15-22. First and only gun I've cleaned but it's super easy and straightforward. Just wipe down the chamber and bolt, run a bore snake through the barrel with a little bit of oil on the end half of the snake. Granted I've only put 400 rounds through it so far but no issues so far and it looks brand new if you break it down.

• Like 1