JerseyJim

What happened with the Wayne Wright case?

Referenced in other threads is a news/law story about the LAPD's overreaching to seize firearms:

http://michellawyers.com/former-police-officer-files-racketeering-lawsuit-against-los-angeles-police-department/

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Complaint.pdf

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/johannes-paulsen/ca-vet-seeks-justice-after-lapd-destroys-his-700k-gun-collection/

The story came out in 2015 but I can't find anything newer about how the case was adjudicated.  Does anyone know more about this lawsuit?   

I am curious about such cases but often there is little followup after the initial court filing, especially if a lawsuit went against the gun control people.

15 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

Very interesting, thanks!  It seems the case is remanded back to the district court.  Poor guy (in more ways than one.)  It will be another three years before a final resolution is reached.

33 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

I believe by the time it is heard by the courts Wayne Wright will be broke and unarmed still.

That’s the true travesty of today’s justice system.  The cost of taking a case all the way through is prohibitively expensive for all but the biggest businesses, rich elite, or the government. 

11 minutes ago, JerseyJim said:

Very interesting, thanks!  It seems the case is remanded back to the district court.  Poor guy (in more ways than one.)  It will be another three years before a final resolution is reached.

He would be lucky to be alive to see that day in court let alone to get everyone one of his firearms back intact.

Regards,

TokenEntry

34 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

He would be lucky to be alive to see that day in court let alone to get everyone one of his firearms back intact.

Regards,

TokenEntry

You may not have noticed in the original lawsuit.  After stalling and making up procedural delays for years, the county destroyed all his firearms without giving him the required 180 day notice.

14 minutes ago, JerseyJim said:

You may not have noticed in the original lawsuit.  After stalling and making up procedural delays for years, the county destroyed all his firearms without giving him the required 180 day notice.

I did read the entire article or original lawsuit regarding Wayne Wright. Stopped halfway after hearing how many firearms were taken from him. My fault entirely. It bothers me seeing stories like these as common headline news. A fair point to read the entire article before commenting.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Per the links above and the original lapd press release, his original arrest was Sept 16, 2004.   So eleven years had already passed when he filed his 2015 lawsuit.  Certainly a travesty of justice. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Decastro458
      Hello, new owner of a handgun in NJ. Had a question for all of you experts out there! I keep seeing all these different things online so I have an suv so the trunk area is accessible to the back seat area. From my understanding, it needs to be locked in a case and its fine to be in the trunk of my suv? Also my other question.. the ammo.. that needs to be in a separate case? Does it need to have a lock on it or can it just be a bag with a zipper?
    • By IkeBrof1ovski
      So I've got my FID and am looking to purchase a replica MP40 airgun for target practice. This is the gun in question I'm particularly looking at https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_Legends_MP40_CO2_BB_Submachine_Gun/4312
      The gun itself is capable of full auto firing at roughly 450fps. It also includes a 52rd pellet mag. I've read up on the airgun laws and know that airguns are considered firearms under NJ state law, so does that mean every firearm law applies to airguns also or are there exceptions to them where you can purchase any airgun as long as you have an FID?
      Thanks
    • By NJGF
      The 9th Circuit hearing the Peruta case enbanc just ruled that there is no second amendment right to carry a concealed firearm in public. 

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2014/11/12/10-56971%20Peruta%2011-12-14%20Order.pdf

"The en banc court affirmed the district courts’ judgments and held that there is no Second Amendment right for members of the general public to carry concealed firearms in public."
    • By zaco519
      THE KRISS VECTOR
      From wiki: "The Vector's action, the so-called KRISS Super V System (KSVS), is an articulated mechanism which allows the bolt and an inertia block to move downward into a recess behind the magazine well."
      so the action is not above the pistol grip.

NJ LAW
      And the NJ law says
      "i. A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least
      two of the following: (1) A folding or telescoping stock;(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;(3) A bayonet mount;(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and (5) A grenade launcher; So does a bullpup's pistole grip count as one of these things. Since its pistol grip is not below the action. So you can buy any out of state tavor with only modifying the magazine and not the flash hidder.   So the Kriss vector's  Pistol grip is not beneath the action. The pistol grip is behind the action so it does not quilify as being "a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon."  Does this mean that one is legally allowed to have a pistol grip and a folding stock on this rifle? Why not?
    • By zaco519
      Bullpup rifles are defined as "a modern firearm configuration in which the action and magazine are located behind the trigger group and alongside the shooter's face, so there is no wasted space for the buttstock as in conventional designs."

And the NJ law says
      "i. A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least
      two of the following: (1) A folding or telescoping stock;(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;(3) A bayonet mount;(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and (5) A grenade launcher; So does a bullpup's pistole grip count as one of these things. Since its pistol grip is not below the action. So you can buy any out of state tavor with only modifying the magazine and not the flash hidder.