JerseyJim

Top rail adapters

I am interested in using a top rail adapter for semiauto 9mm.  (see the attached example)  We would like to have the option of using a reflex sight with a standard service type auto (Glock 17, Walther PPQ).

Does anyone have experience with these sort of adapters?  Are they reliable, safe and keep the zero intact?

Adapter.jpg

I had the adapter from your photo, it did not hold zero between shots on an m&p_9pro.  I tried another where the open split was on the top rail, worked better. The problem is the dot is very high over the slide. I then switched to a dovetail mount, they are much much better (I think that was from speed shooter specialties, I still have it but it’s for an m&p). I found I liked shooting open so I had my slide carved to imbed the Trijicon. 

Also check out Carver, they make some better mounts as well. I have their comp/kkm setup.  https://www.bb-enterprise.biz/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Kn1089
      Looking to sell my Beretta 1301 Tac. Black, standard stock, extended factory 7 round magazine, WITH replaceable chokes. Gun is like new, with all original packaging, paperwork, and accessories. Has been fired less than 250 rounds, and is in perfect shape. 7+1 round model, made NJ compliant with a 2 round limiter. I bought this gun brand new less than a month ago. I’ll include a Beretta hard plastic, foam lined gun case. I have a 1301 comp incoming, and while I would love to keep the tac, it’s just not practical, so I am letting it go.

Located in 08724, will travel to a ffl for transfer within a reasonable distance. Would prefer not to deal with shipping. 
      Please, serious buyers only. Ask any questions and I’ll answer them asap!
      https://imgur.com/a/LjsVi9C
      IMG_8426.HEIC IMG_8431.HEIC IMG_8436.HEIC IMG_8435.HEIC
    • By Maksim
      Just got an email, two days only, expiring tomorrow, an extra 10% off everything, including clearance at Natchez Shooting Supplies.
      Use this link....
      Enter Promo Code PO170622 at checkout.
    • By MikeL
      $179.99 - $30 mail in rebate valid for purchases through 2/28.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/daily-deals-new/bushnell-ar-optics-1-4x-24mm-throw-down-pcl-ar91424i.html
    • By Howi
      So for the most part I'm finished with my first ar. I'm still struggling with what optic to put on it. I am a good shot with iron sights out to 500 and went with the a2 upper and flip rear so I would always have that option. That being said I'd like to be spoiled and get an optic with a little magnification. I'm used to the trijicon rco with a chevron, but at 1100-1300 dollars I'm open for suggestions lol. I was also looking at eo tech holo sight with a magnifier, but seeing as I have never used one its lost on me. (I know they can be equally expensive, but I'm not so much worried about price as I am quality and applicability)

Some key points:
      -target acquisition. Short and long
      -durability (not gonna treat this rifle like a new born)
      -how well it holds a zero
      -if talking about optics using batteries please at least estimate battery life

Thanks for any suggestions or input/personal experience

-Jim
    • By bhunted
      Anybody see or use this contraption. Stumbled onto it will on the SniperHide forums..

http://theiscope.com/wordpress/

• I will take the LWRC for $1100 if still avail....sending PM.
    • Boom! Today all Newton is in the high $3.60s. All hail Bidenomics! And all that Alaska land he just took off the list of oil prospects.
    • I have a like new (only zeroed) PSA Sabre KAC M110 Clone in 7.62x51mm. This is PSA's clone version of the infamous Knights Armament M110. Very high quality, excellent 2 stage trigger, 20" chrome lined barrel, adjustable gas block, and is NJ legal with a pinned Surefire SOCOM muzzle brake.  Radian Raptor charging handle and Radian ambi safety. Upper and lower are billet receivers compatible with all KAC SR-25 and LMT MWS/MARS-H pattern receivers.  Im no where close to being a long range shooter but ive been able to get 0.7 MOA out of it with 175gr federal gold medal match ammo and Im sure the rifle is capable of much better accuracy. Asking $1650 (which is a steal for what you get) at any FFL thats a reasonable distance from Jersey City. I can also ship but that would be on your dime.  Optic/bipod etc not included but can be purchased if interested. Vortex Razor Gen-II HD 3-18x50 FFP with the new EBR-7C MRAD illuminated reticle in a 1.54 reptilia mount. Id include the optic for another $1700. Happy to answer any questions or provide more pictures. Not interested in any trades. Thank you.
    • Selling 1 sealed spam can Romanian 7.62x54r ammo containing 440 rounds. 1982 manufacture.  Steel core light ball, copper washed steel case.  Not reloadable.  Corrosive primer. The rust you see on the top is light surface rust. Can is intact.  Comes with opener. $285.00 cash.  I live in NW Burlington County, and work in Trenton.  I can meet you at a reasonable distance to make sale.   The first to reply “I’ll take it” wins the sale.