Sign in to follow this  
yojoe300

Angled Foregrip legality Question

Hi there-

Just purchased a Springfield Scout Squad and I'm loving the thing. I am having a bit of a grip issue and I am considering adding an angled foregrip to the rifle. 

My question is this: will this make me run afoul of NJ rifle law? The rifle has a detachable magazine and the flash hider is not pinned.  I haven't seen anything that says a foregrip makes the rifle an "assault weapon" but one can never be too sure. 

Crazy that I have to even ask this, but thanks in advance. 

The fact that your flash hider is not pinned (and presumably threaded rather than pressed-on to the muzzle) is the bigger problem. Those 2 "evil features" make it an assault weapon under current 2C:39 and :58 definitions.

The angled foregrip is not, YET, an evil feature on rifles (but coming soon if the DemoRats have their way. The bill is already filed for action.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:48 AM, njJoniGuy said:

The angled foregrip is not, YET, an evil feature on rifles (but coming soon if the DemoRats have their way. The bill is already filed for action.

Would be like making this an assault pencil. ctp354-jumbo-pencil-grip-demo-2w.jpg

• Like 2