Mrs. Peel

Bucks County summer camp w/shooting range... for sale!

On occasion, some of you wax poetic about investing in a range.. well, this property I came across already has an outdoor shooting range... oh, and a pool, amphitheater, dining hall, basketball court, tent sites, pole barn, a small house for the onsite caretaker and 10 maintained cabins (though they're probably not heated - it's a working summer camp). 

It's on 20+ acres in Upper Black Eddy - a very pretty area in Upper Bucks County. Just passing it along in case anyone here (and perhaps a handful of their friends) has 700k of "spare change" laying around. :)  http://flosmerconish.idxbroker.com/idx/details/listing/a014/7148969/1735-NARROWS-HILL-ROAD-UPPER-BLACK-EDDY-PA-18972

Oh, and btw, if you end up buying it because you saw it here... I think I should get lifetime guest privileges at the range. Isn't that only fair?:hunter:

• Like 4

How did this turn into a scene straight out of Lord of the Flies? Geez, guys! what are you... a bunch of animals? Keep your freakin' clothes on. Be gentlemanly. :facepalm:

Seriously though, either some group of individuals (with cha-ching) should do this as a private range.. or one of the commercial ranges in NJ looking to supplement their existing business with a new location should consider this place. You could retrofit the cabins with small wood-burning stoves... to make it a year-round shooting camp. I could see bringing in top instructors to give classes onsite, and you could charge a package fee - class, meals, lodging. There's other ways you could generate revenue streams, too... timeshare the cabins, and carve out some weeks for outside rentals, add a ropes course to capture some of that corporate team-building business, add a gun storage facility onto the caretaker's house (where NJ folks could rent storage for their non-compliant firearms), rent the outdoor ranges on a daily rate, etc. Lots of options... for the enterprising! My understanding (I could be wrong) is that it's not always that easy to get a NEW outdoor range put into a community. In this case, one is already there and approved. Seems like one hurdle is already cleared. Of course, I don't know what distance that range is.... but this does seem like an interesting opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

what are you... a bunch of animals? Keep your freakin' clothes on. Be gentlemanly. :facepalm:

im not an animal, i just really hate pants

31 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

I've enjoyed seeing all of NJGF members that I've met IRL, but naked?  

Uh, NO!  And I'm sure the feeling is mutual...

i am a gift from god and i will share it with all

• Like 1

It's an interesting idea.  I wonder what the neighbors would do with REAL GUN FIRE from center fire platforms instead of single-shot bolt-action .22 LR plinkers (typical camp-style rifles)?  Would that also be "grandfathered-in" as a "pre-existing, non-conforming use"?  FWIW most BSA camps have 50' target ranges for .22LR prone shooting.  But hey, we can all dream, right, lol?

And folks would PAY ME to keep my clothes ON :) 

~R

• Like 1

Bucks county is not the Paradise you think it is. Lots of hipsters and yuppies moving in. Lots of mcMansions full of residents that complain about gunfire. Anyone been to Wicen's over there? Shooting from concrete booths angled downwards underneath a wall overhead, RO's so strict they will come over and yell at you for "rapid fire" which is anything more than what seems like 1 shot per hour. All thanks to their neighbors. I bet it used to be a nice place.

49 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

It's an interesting idea.  I wonder what the neighbors would do with REAL GUN FIRE from center fire platforms instead of single-shot bolt-action .22 LR plinkers (typical camp-style rifles)?  Would that also be "grandfathered-in" as a "pre-existing, non-conforming use"?  FWIW most BSA camps have 50' target ranges for .22LR prone shooting.  But hey, we can all dream, right, lol?

Don't rain on the parade! Sheesh. But, yeah, I was wondering the same myself --- (I'm on a planning board) --- it might be a very narrow use indeed that was grandfathered in. That said, I guess we won't know for sure unless someone actually pursues it. 

21 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

a very pretty area in Upper Bucks County. Just passing it along in case anyone here (and perhaps a handful of their friends) has 700k of "spare change" laying around.

Where do I mail my check?

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

It's an interesting idea.  I wonder what the neighbors would do with REAL GUN FIRE from center fire platforms instead of single-shot bolt-action .22 LR plinkers (typical camp-style rifles)? 

Looking at the satellite, doesn't seem to have many neighbors nearby.

Click on the small box on the bottom left for the satellite image.

46 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Don't rain on the parade! Sheesh. But, yeah, I was wondering the same myself --- (I'm on a planning board) --- it might be a very narrow use indeed that was grandfathered in. That said, I guess we won't know for sure unless someone actually pursues it. 

The problem is it's in Bucks Co. instead of Luzerne or Carbon.  Mossberger is right about the infestation.

From the looks of the pix the camp has been for sale since late fall.  Offer them $600k & see what happens :) 

One of those cabins would make a nice gunsmith shop & retail FFL!  Wouldn't want to have to rake the leaves though.  Be like shovelin' manure against the tide.  That big flat area would make a nice indoor range & have plenty of room for parking :) 

Dreams to dream about.  I could see Peel livin' there, collectin' the rent and doing a vegetable garden all while wearin' her sidearm :) 

• Like 1

From the looks of the pix the camp has been for sale since late fall.  Offer them $600k & see what happens [emoji4]  One of those cabins would make a nice gunsmith shop & retail FFL!  Wouldn't want to have to rake the leaves though.  Be like shovelin' manure against the tide.  That big flat area would make a nice indoor range & have plenty of room for parking [emoji4] 

Dreams to dream about.  I could see Peel livin' there, collectin' the rent and doing a vegetable garden all while wearin' her sidearm [emoji4] 

It's PA build it and ask forgiveness later. Do they even have a state building code yet? 

By the way got the new shirt. As expected my wife shrunk to size. Wore it on my estimates today. If anyone was Anti I don't want them as a customer. Also I like the choice of Manalapan's Color.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, capt14k said:

It's PA build it and ask forgiveness later. Do they even have a state building code yet? 

By the way got the new shirt. As expected my wife shrunk to size. Wore it on my estimates today. If anyone was Anti I don't want them as a customer. Also I like the choice of Manalapan's Color.

Pix (estimates) or it didn't happen!  LOL!  I wish I could clone you.  Every member should wear their shirts & get a conversation started!  I took the Mrs. to see the Duprees in concert at Woodbridge HS on Tuesday.  Wore my maroon CNJFO shirt.  I'm in like for an Itralian Ice & guy behind me says "nice shirt!".  I handed him my bidness card & told him he gets a free shirt just for joining.  His face lit-up like it was Christmas!  More of us need to be man enough (or woman enough) to be SEEN in public promoting shooting & the Second Amendment!  This poor jacket went thru the War, but it still screams, "I'M A SHOOTER & I'M A NRA LIFE MEMBER"!  Wore it a few weeks back for the cold Memorial Day we had.

Image may contain: Lori Rosenthal, smiling, sitting and outdoor

• Like 1

Pix (estimates) or it didn't happen!  LOL!  I wish I could clone you.  Every member should wear their shirts & get a conversation started!  I took the Mrs. to see the Duprees in concert at Woodbridge HS on Tuesday.  Wore my maroon CNJFO shirt.  I'm in like for an Itralian Ice & guy behind me says "nice shirt!".  I handed him my bidness card & told him he gets a free shirt just for joining.  His face lit-up like it was Christmas!  More of us need to be man enough (or woman enough) to be SEEN in public promoting shooting & the Second Amendment!  This poor jacket went thru the War, but it still screams, "I'M A SHOOTER & I'M A NRA LIFE MEMBER"!  Wore it a few weeks back for the cold Memorial Day we had.
33711461_10215322555710677_4980869286793838592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8ca56d0ef7461df7ad5cff92c5481629&oe=5BAF4762
Here is a pic estimates were in Princeton Junction, Monroe, and Manalapan.77c8530f6aa653e06d7fb4c28ffb5e27.jpg

• Like 1