Bklynracer

For Those Moving out of PRNJ

23 hours ago, siderman said:

looking at His NJ gun law book page 157- Moving Out Of NJ- He says it is under N.J.A.C.13:54-1.11. and it is done thru the superintendant of state police. Crazy man, the balls of this state never ends.

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.11 Duplicate firearms purchaser identification card (a) Persons shall apply for a duplicate firearms purchaser identification card to replace a lost, stolen or mutilated card, or in the case of a change of residence by the holder, within 30 days of such loss, theft, mutilation, or change of residence. (b) The applicant shall complete an application for a duplicate firearms purchaser identification card designated as form STS-3 and a consent for mental health records search designated as form SP 66 and present same to the chief of police in the municipality where the applicant resides or to the Superintendent in all other cases. (c) It shall be the responsibility of the chief of police of the municipality wherein the applicant currently resides or the Superintendent in all other cases, to conduct a criminal history records check and to determine if the applicant is subject to any of the disabilities as provided by law and this subchapter and to issue the duplicate card, should the applicant qualify. The applicant shall pay the appropriate fee for a Criminal History Record Check as established by N.J.A.C. 13:59 in accordance with N.J.S.A. 53:1-20.5 et seq. (P.L. 1985, c.69).

That's the verbiage. So I have 30 days to file. 

Please, tell me how if I move out of state. And am a resident of a new state at the 30 day mark, that the state of  NJ has any statutory authority over the resident of another state residing in that other state. 

By that logic, if I went an purchased a handgun without a purchase permit form NJ in that state, despite abiding by the law of my state of residence, I would  be guilty of an illegal transfer in NJ. DO they get to extradite me for that? 

As for guilty of a crime, what crime? Show me the 2C section this applies under. I looked, can't find jack. Arguing that regulatory guidance applies to regulation of non-residents not residing in the state would be pretty frikin stupid. 

• Like 1

You are not subject to the law unless you want to be.  I lived in New York for several years, and did a change of residence on my FOID so that I would still have it to travel to and from NJ ranges.  So for the case here, "Change of Residence" I would read as within the state of NJ (When you would still be subject to it's laws).

I called the NJ State Police Firearms Unit just for fun and asked what I am required to do with my FID card after moving out of the state. The lady who answered the phone said that I "could shred it?" in an inquisitive voice, and said that there wasn't any requirement for me to do anything.

Just in case anything happens, I can at least say that I sought advice from the NJ State Police. :p

18 hours ago, Persona non grata said:

I called the NJ State Police Firearms Unit just for fun and asked what I am required to do with my FID card after moving out of the state. The lady who answered the phone said that I "could shred it?" in an inquisitive voice, and said that there wasn't any requirement for me to do anything.

Just in case anything happens, I can at least say that I sought advice from the NJ State Police. :p

Aww man, why did you call? You're supposed to pay $300 and sit in a seminar all day for Nappen to scare you!

• Like 5

Found this on palawblog from Nappen's interpretation of the law so take it for what it is

Moving out of New Jersey? You still must do a “Change of Address” on your NJ Firearms Purchaser ID Card within 30 days of moving to your new out-of-state residence. (Jersey issues non-resident FPICs.) You may also choose to voluntarily surrender your FPIC. Failure to take action is a crime of the 3rd Degree. Max of 5 years in NJ State Prison for non-compliance. You can be criminally charged and extradited back to NJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Found this on palawblog from Nappen's interpretation of the law so take it for what it is

Moving out of New Jersey? You still must do a “Change of Address” on your NJ Firearms Purchaser ID Card within 30 days of moving to your new out-of-state residence. (Jersey issues non-resident FPICs.) You may also choose to voluntarily surrender your FPIC. Failure to take action is a crime of the 3rd Degree. Max of 5 years in NJ State Prison for non-compliance. You can be criminally charged and extradited back to NJ.

Why in the world would a  nonresident need a NJ , FPIC ? Prison, prison, prison. Get out as soon as you can.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Peter Goldwing said:

Why in the world would a  nonresident need a NJ , FPIC ? Prison, prison, prison. Get out as soon as you can.

A nonresident who still has a secondary home in NJ  may want to keep firearms in it. I

If no FPIC is needed to own  (rather than buy) firearms and store them in your NJ property, then I agree best thing is to give it back rather than changing address.

2 hours ago, Lostboy said:

It would make Phil Murphy's cock so hard to know that he had control over someone in another state.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

The Gay Men's Choir has the same effect in him...

On 6/5/2018 at 5:57 AM, Tunaman said:

He is offering free advice and you are knocking him?  He knows WAY more about this stuff than we do.  Hope you never need him someday.  

That is funny.  You think he is doing anything for free?  

• Like 3

That is funny.  You think he is doing anything for free?  
I can end this once and for all if you'd like. My brother is a police officer in florida. When he left NJ about 4 years ago - before he was a cop- he just left. In fact he still has his old firearms ID from NJ. In Florida the amount of background checking they do before you're a cop is literally as strict as it gets. They know if you've ever been in the vicinity of a crime anywhere in the USA, ever in your life. I think if any of this were true, it would have shown up then.

I can end this once and for all if you'd like. My brother is a police officer in florida. When he left NJ about 4 years ago - before he was a cop- he just left. In fact he still has his old firearms ID from NJ. In Florida the amount of background checking they do before you're a cop is literally as strict as it gets. They know if you've ever been in the vicinity of a crime anywhere in the USA, ever in your life. I think if any of this were true, it would have shown up then.

Well they would have to file charges for it to come up background check, but I agree more Nappen BS

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Well they would have to file charges for it to come up background check, but I agree more Nappen BS

Nappen is useless for gun owners. Everything he knows you can find out in a few hours. I used to know pretty much everything about NJ gun-laws when I applied for my ccw in NJ. Many didnt even know that to own a hand gun you MUST have a CCW, Only exceptions to the rule allowed you transportation, possession   and so on. I dont know if the law has changed since I lost interest in NJ  gun rights

He wouldn't want a shall issue state. His bread and butter comes from people that make mistakes

• Like 1

Nappen is useless for gun owners. Everything he knows you can find out in a few hours. I used to know pretty much everything about NJ gun-laws when I applied for my ccw in NJ. Many didnt even know that to own a hand gun you MUST have a CCW, Only exceptions to the rule allowed you transportation, possession   and so on. I dont know if the law has changed since I lost interest in NJ  gun rights
He wouldn't want a shall issue state. His bread and butter comes from people that make mistakes

Ummmm, nope. Ccw has nothing to do with owning a handgun.
Since when do you need to have a ccw to own a handgun.

He does a lot for free.  You would be suprised. I am sure a list could be provided for you if needed.
He does nothing for free. Anything free is for promotion of him to get you to buy something. Ask Pantano how free his services are.

• Like 2

He does nothing for free. Anything free is for promotion of him to get you to buy something. Ask Pantano how free his services are.

I do agree that he relies on this states current laws to further his finincial gain. I'm sure he's good for something and I hope I never have to find out.

LOL - this one was funny -

All the fearmongering NJ firearms lawyers and NJ's firearms laws can all screw themselves - with all the moving I did last year 450 miles away, the last thing I worried about was notifying them about my stupid ass yellow card -

I live in free America now and have better things to do, like help keep the South free.  And those dumbass permits/registrations  for the firearms I owned and brought with me can go rot in an NJSP barracks somewhere - we are Brady exempt down here and its amazing to think I actually endured the kind of firearms oppression up there -

Godspeed, y'all.

• Like 4

On 7/2/2018 at 5:42 PM, bhunted said:

As I said,  most people dont bother to READ the law. They rely on somebody else to tell them. I will try to look it up again and post it. Unless it changed since 2013

There you go. Only exceptions grants you the "right" to own a gun.

13:54-2.2 Permit required No person, except as provided in N.J.S.A. 2C:39-6, shall carry, hold or possess a handgun without first having obtained a permit to carry the same in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

On 7/2/2018 at 5:42 PM, bhunted said:

NJ permit to carry covers handgun possession, while your P2P only covers purchase. In order to possess a handgun within the state of NJ, you must either have a permit to carry, or be covered under an exemption, which is in all actuality, a defense in court. Technically speaking, you and every handgun owner in the state is in violation of NJSA 2C:39-5b. You don't go to jail because you are covered under one of the exemptions of NJSA 2C:39-6. You must be in violation of 2C:39-5 to be covered under an exemption of 2C:39-6.

He isn't wrong, just could have been worded better.

• Like 2

There you go. Only exceptions grants you the "right" to own a gun.

13:54-2.2 Permit required No person, except as provided in N.J.S.A. 2C:39-6, shall carry, hold or possess a handgun without first having obtained a permit to carry the same in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

You are wrong about this one. You can own a handgun or a longgun in NJ that you legally purchased in another state, as a Resident of that state,.and brought it to NJ with you, as long as it is NJ legal. I have at least a dozen pistols I legally owned in NJ for a few years before I reapplied for my FPID.

5 minutes ago, capt14k said:

You are wrong about this one. You can own a handgun or a longgun in NJ that you legally purchased in another state, as a Resident of that state,.and brought it to NJ with you, as long as it is NJ legal. I have at least a dozen pistols I legally owned in NJ for a few years before I reapplied for my FPID.

Lets talk handguns only.

You cannot buy one in Fl and take possession of it here in FL. This is Federal Law which applies to all states. You have to have the gun delivered to your state to a dealer that has a Federal Firearms License. THAT dealer has to comply with Federal and State Laws. In your case he shouldn't hand you a gun you purchased in FL till you will show him proof of NJ residence along with a NJ permit  allowing you to acquire a gun. 

The only way you can legally obtain a gun without a permit to purchase is thru inheritance after YOUR PARENT passed away.

If  those guns were purchased without you having  valid at least A DOZEN FPID you did that illegally as NJ laws are concerned. ( i think you need one permit to purchase one gun)

I look into these laws very closely since I travel a lot thru beautiful USA.

Next Summer I plan a trip to Alaska and I cannot  legally buy a gun in there even thou I have a CCW here in FL and Alaska recognizes my permit.  I only can ship one in there.

Lets talk handguns only.
You cannot buy one in Fl and take possession of it here in FL. This is Federal Law which applies to all states. You have to have the gun delivered to your state to a dealer that has a Federal Firearms License. THAT dealer has to comply with Federal and State Laws. In your case he shouldn't hand you a gun you purchased in FL till you will show him proof of NJ residence along with a NJ permit  allowing you to acquire a gun. 
The only way you can legally obtain a gun without a permit to purchase is thru inheritance after YOUR PARENT passed away.
If  those guns were purchased without you having  valid at least A DOZEN FPID you did that illegally as NJ laws are concerned. ( i think you need one permit to purchase one gun)
I look into these laws very closely since I travel a lot thru beautiful USA.
Next Summer I plan a trip to Alaska and I cannot  legally buy a gun in there even thou I have a CCW here in FL and Alaska recognizes my permit.  I only can ship one in there.

You didn’t read my whole post. Was NJ Resident. Moved to NC and then SC. Was a Resident of SC. Bought at least a dozen handguns as Resident of SC. Moved back to NJ. No registration needed, no FPID needed to own said NJ Legal Handguns.

As far as buying a Handgun in another state as an FFL03 you can buy a handgun in another state as long as it is a C&R. No permits needed.

You also pointed the third scenario where you inherit the handgun.

Touche ! Didnt read that part. C&R guns dont interest me but good point.

Though it doesn’t detract from your point that the laws of NJ suck and are Unconstitutional.