Xchief30

Which new SC Justice will help with our gun laws ??

Trump is a game player, so I'm not certain this can be believed, but apparently he's made his choice this morning - and according to their inside sources, MSN believes it's either Kavanaugh or Hardiman - that those 2 are the "finalists". I'll be glued to the TV at 9:00 pm! [emoji33]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-has-decided-on-supreme-court-nominee-after-a-morning-of-seeking-advice/ar-AAzNMSr?ocid=spartanntp

So it's neither of them. If MSN or NBC has the info it is Trump trolling them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, siderman said:

I'll be tuned in to MSNBC with a bowl of popcorn waiting for the festivities to start! Looking forward to the River Of Tears lol

MSM bashes him for showmanship... but he’s garnering enthusiasm.. Merica!

Do you believe the NYT?

"Buzz at the US courthouse in DC: Brett Kavanaugh spotted leaving in a black sedan accompanied by four black SUVs with security agents presumed to be Secret Service, per source."

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

MSM bashes him for showmanship...

So are the college kids, bashing him for his pick. Unfortunately, he hasn't named his choice yet, but the Liberal college kids apparently haven't received that memo, from New York University:

Protests Planned As Students Already Hate Trump's "Racist, Negative" SCOTUS Pick (Before It's Announced)

Despite the fact that Trump’s decision was still days away from being finalized, students unanimously condemned Trump’s move, harshly criticizing the president’s nonexistent nominee.  

“He’s quite extreme in his views,” said one student of the fictitious Judge.

“I saw it all over the news, that he’s like racist,” another student added, referring to the announcement that hadn’t yet happened.

“I saw the new nominee is like racist, and he’s starting a new wave of something very negative, and I’m really scared about the future and what choices he will make,” another pupil added.

When asked if she’d seen the online coverage of the event, one faculty member described witnessing “outrage… as it should be.” 

What else did students have to say? Did anyone realize the decision had not yet been made? 

Watch the full video to find out:

7 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

So are the college kids, bashing him for his pick. Unfortunately, he hasn't named his choice yet, but the Liberal college kids apparently haven't received that memo, from New York University:

Protests Planned As Students Already Hate Trump's "Racist, Negative" SCOTUS Pick (Before It's Announced)

Despite the fact that Trump’s decision was still days away from being finalized, students unanimously condemned Trump’s move, harshly criticizing the president’s nonexistent nominee.  

“He’s quite extreme in his views,” said one student of the fictitious Judge.

“I saw it all over the news, that he’s like racist,” another student added, referring to the announcement that hadn’t yet happened.

“I saw the new nominee is like racist, and he’s starting a new wave of something very negative, and I’m really scared about the future and what choices he will make,” another pupil added.

When asked if she’d seen the online coverage of the event, one faculty member described witnessing “outrage… as it should be.” 

What else did students have to say? Did anyone realize the decision had not yet been made? 

Watch the full video to find out:

Old news...  2 days ago

9 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

NJGFBC says it will be MrsPeel.  Rumor has it she was seen leaving a Prius surrounded by black minivans. 

Isn't it about time they had a Supreme who graduated from Wikipedia Law School?... not Hah-vard? Someone who's not an elitist? Who's truly "one of the people"? :rofl:

• Like 1

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

Isn't it about time they had a Supreme who graduated from Wikipedia Law School?... not Hah-vard? Someone who's not an elitist? Who's truly "one of the people"? :rofl:

Totally speaking my language! Got my vote!

• Like 1

Do you believe the NYT?

"Buzz at the US courthouse in DC: Brett Kavanaugh spotted leaving in a black sedan accompanied by four black SUVs with security agents presumed to be Secret Service, per source."

If he picked Kavanaugh again Fuck Trump. So hope it isn't true.

Wait a second Kavanaugh is on the DC Circuit. That probably happens everyday the court is in session.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What’s wrong with Kavanaugh?  

Bush lacky. Read his opinion on 2A decision posted above.

Courts should assess gun bans on text, history, blah blah blah and not a scrutiny test. How about shall not be infringed is only test. If law infringes in anyway which I believe includes inconveniences then it is Unconstitutional.

There is a procedural vote tonight on Trump's other disaster nominee to the 9th Circuit Mark Bennett. Hopefully the RINOS get on board and kill his nomination. Also I hope vote is after SCOTUS announcement.

14 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Bush lacky. Read his opinion on 2A decision posted above.

Courts should assess gun bans on text, history, blah blah blah and not a scrutiny test. How about shall not be infringed is only test.

No matter who Trump picks, it will be exponentially better than a Hillary pick.  I can't even imagine the utter devastation her picks would have inflicted on our Constitution.

• Like 1

No matter who Trump picks, it will be exponentially better than a Hillary pick.  I can't even imagine the utter devastation her picks would have inflicted on our Constitution.

That's true but that is not why his supporters voted for him. We didn't vote for him to nominate a Kennedy we voted for him to nominate a Thomas.

• Like 1

I found this on Reason

Kavanaugh, who has served on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit since 2006, dissented from a 2011 decision in which a three-judge panel upheld the District of Columbia's ban on so-called assault weapons and its requirement that all guns be registered. Kavanaugh disagreed with the majority's use of "intermediate scrutiny," saying an analysis "based on text, history, and tradition" is more consistent with the Supreme Court's Second Amendment precedents.

The D.C. "assault weapon" ban covers a list of specific models as well as guns that meet certain criteria. A semi-automatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine is illegal, for instance, if it has any of six prohibited features, including an adjustable stock, a pistol grip, or a flash suppressor. "The list appears to be haphazard," Kavanaugh noted. "It bans certain semi-automatic rifles but not others—with no particular explanation or rationale for why some made the list and some did not." In any case, he concluded, the law is inconsistent with the landmark 2008 case District of Columbia v. Heller.

"In Heller," Kavanaugh noted, "the Supreme Court held that handguns—the vast majority of which today are semi-automatic—are constitutionally protected because they have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens. There is no meaningful or persuasive constitutional distinction between semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic rifles. Semi-automatic rifles, like semi-automatic handguns, have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens for self-defense in the home, hunting, and other lawful uses. Moreover, semi-automatic handguns are used in connection with violent crimes far more than semi-automatic rifles are. It follows from Heller's protection of semi-automatic handguns that semi-automatic rifles are also constitutionally protected and that D.C.'s ban on them is unconstitutional."

So, it seems to me, that Kav is not a supporter of an AWB, is against registration, and supports the Heller decision.

It's an interesting article if you care to read it.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/06/scotus-contender-brett-kavanaugh-on-gun

• Like 1

I found this on Reason
Kavanaugh, who has served on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit since 2006, dissented from a 2011 decision in which a three-judge panel upheld the District of Columbia's ban on so-called assault weapons and its requirement that all guns be registered. Kavanaugh disagreed with the majority's use of "intermediate scrutiny," saying an analysis "based on text, history, and tradition" is more consistent with the Supreme Court's Second Amendment precedents.
The D.C. "assault weapon" ban covers a list of specific models as well as guns that meet certain criteria. A semi-automatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine is illegal, for instance, if it has any of six prohibited features, including an adjustable stock, a pistol grip, or a flash suppressor. "The list appears to be haphazard," Kavanaugh noted. "It bans certain semi-automatic rifles but not others—with no particular explanation or rationale for why some made the list and some did not." In any case, he concluded, the law is inconsistent with the landmark 2008 case District of Columbia v. Heller.
"In Heller," Kavanaugh noted, "the Supreme Court held that handguns—the vast majority of which today are semi-automatic—are constitutionally protected because they have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens. There is no meaningful or persuasive constitutional distinction between semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic rifles. Semi-automatic rifles, like semi-automatic handguns, have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens for self-defense in the home, hunting, and other lawful uses. Moreover, semi-automatic handguns are used in connection with violent crimes far more than semi-automatic rifles are. It follows from Heller's protection of semi-automatic handguns that semi-automatic rifles are also constitutionally protected and that D.C.'s ban on them is unconstitutional."
So, it seems to me, that Kav is not a supporter of an AWB, is against registration, and supports the Heller decision.

It's an interesting article if you care to read it.
https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/06/scotus-contender-brett-kavanaugh-on-gun

However his own words state he is open to certain bans. I haven't come to this conclusion on my own. Read post above regarding his uncertainty. Why choose an uncertainty when we have a sure thing. Hardiman is referred to as a Pro 2A extremist.

Just now, capt14k said:

However his own words state he is open to certain bans.

I think he bases his opinions on history and tradition.  If something was restricted long ago, like NFA items, I think he goes along with that, but I don't believe he is foaming at the mouth to rule in favor of new restrictions.  I dunno, I only know what I've read about the guy in the past few hours, but I don't think he's the boggie man.  Seems to be very similar to Gorsuch.

I read all of it and I think Kavanaugh would be a good pick, perhaps better than Gorsuch based on his dissent in Heller!

Hardiman as a pro 2A extremist may sound good to us but how would that fly at his confirmation hearings? Kavanaugh  has published opinion that is pro 2A. We did not have that when Gorsuch was chosen!

• Like 1

No, something about Kavanaugh was sitting as lead on an important case for 15 years that was suddenly decided today and closed since he would have to recuse himself if nominated to SCOTUS.......Too much of a coincidence! He's the pick for sure!

• Like 1