Xchief30

Which new SC Justice will help with our gun laws ??

4 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Did anybody see Hannity last night with Ed Henry where Ed commented that Barret is next and they feel that Trump will have at least 1 maybe 2 before he's done. Do they know / hear something or wishful thinking.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 85, and Steven Breyer will be 80 in August. If Trump is reelected in 2020, Ginsburg will be 91 in January 2025 and Breyer will be 86. Sotomayor, age 64, is an insulin-dependent diabetic.

Nobody is getting out of this place alive (you and I and everyone we know or have ever known included).

7 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Did anybody see Hannity last night with Ed Henry where Ed commented that Barret is next and they feel that Trump will have at least 1 maybe 2 before he's done. Do they know / hear something or wishful thinking.

Breyer is 80 and Ginsburg is 85.  Well past their actuarial life span. 

9 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

I'm thinking Trump is keeping Barret in his back pocket to replace RBG. By replacing RBG with a another woman he is taking that particular talking point away from the Dems.

• Like 1

I'm thinking Trump is keeping Barret in his back pocket to replace RBG. By replacing RBG with a another woman he is taking that particular talking point away from the Dems.
So compromise again? Sadly I think you are right.

I wish they would split the GOP. It would be tough at first because Dems would win, but the party would be stronger without all the RINOS.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just now, Zeke said:

F= ma.. I guess they screwed up the grains conversion.. but hey... it’s da intronet 

It’s not some random post, it’s a published article on DB. But I meant that the energy when it leaves the muzzle is not the same as the energy when it hits, then penetrates something. 

6 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

It’s not some random post, it’s a published article on DB. But I meant that the energy when it leaves the muzzle is not the same as the energy when it hits, then penetrates something. 

You should write them

That article covered my concerns with the selection especially when there were better choices.

From the article

"Kavanaughs  opinion strongly suggests that if he makes it to the Supreme Court, he will be an important bulwark against gun control advocates’ efforts to ban entire classes of commonly-owned and traditional American firearms merely based on liberals’ stated intentions to keep Americans safe. On that basis, the NRA endorsed Kavanaugh’s nomination on Monday, calling the judge an “outstanding choice” with “an impressive record that demonstrates his strong support for the Second Amendment.”

The author is even admitting the best we can hope for is the status quo, that there will be no expansion of our rights at federal level.

While had Trump nominated Hardiman there would a real possibility of expending them.

This has been my and a few other folks point for not being so hot on Kavanaugh. Nobody is saying the guy is horrible. Just saying there's better.

jus sayn

• Like 2

The honor of being on the Short List is the least we can do Leo.

Am I the only one here that's ever watched the West Wing?  The episode, "The Supremes" comes immediately to mind.  With Glenn Close replacing the Chief Justice.  Maybe Ginsburg resigns & we let them pick one?  We let them pick one so we can get who we want. A true conservative that would never be confirmed any other way.  Or we can just go after middle-of-the-road Jurists that won't offend anyone....

Ah, just sayen.....life imitates ART!

~R

41 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Am I the only one here that's ever watched the West Wing?  The episode, "The Supremes" comes immediately to mind.  With Glenn Close replacing the Chief Justice.  Maybe Ginsburg resigns & we let them pick one?  We let them pick one so we can get who we want. A true conservative that would never be confirmed any other way.  Or we can just go after middle-of-the-road Jurists that won't offend anyone....

~R

Played your hand.

take care friend.

3 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Seems a tad melodramatic. And when does muzzle energy equal terminal energy?  

I don't imagine it would calm the author down any to know that the .223 he's so freaked out about generates less kinetic energy than virtually any other rifle ever made, .22 and the other small rimfires excepted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 10X said:

I don't imagine it would calm the author down any to know that the .223 he's so freaked out about generates less kinetic energy than virtually any other rifle ever made, .22 and the other small rimfires excepted.

You and @voyager9 should collaborate.. I’ll ck your math.

:D

1 hour ago, WP22 said:

The author is even admitting the best we can hope for is the status quo, that there will be no expansion of our rights at federal level.

Sadly, this is where I think we are. Putting the "toothpaste back in the tube" ain't going to happen. Repealing existing laws, both in NJ and the USA is a long shot. Best hope is that they STOP squeezing the tube to let MORE toothpaste out and keep the status quo.

And if you think voting every two years is the answer, how's that worked out the past few decades. We're way past the ballot box solution. The only next true fix is the ammo box, either by revolution or civil war.

History has a way of repeating itself.....

10 hours ago, Zeke said:

Played your hand.

take care friend.

Just what does THAT^^^ mean @Zeke?  

I commented about a tv show and how when it comes to SCOTUS each side goes nutz.  Applying current events to a 15-20 yr old tv script.  That's all I did so settle-down over there, lol!

I would like to see a 7-2 Court in our favor.  I would also like to see SCOTUS grant Cert on a 2A case we can win!  That will take the reelection of Trump to make THAT happen?  I hope not!  I hope this new pick gets confirmed!  The left will fight tooth & nail so that doesn't happen.  They will make sh!t up & dig up the dirt on our (POTUS') picks.  If they had an abortion or a child out of wedlock or their kid got caught smokin' weed, or they had a DUI, no matter how great of a jurist they might be, they'll get tossed because of the public scrutiny surrounding a confirmation hearing.  To me that's just SAD!

I wish the process wasn't so ugly & DISTRACTING!

Why "distracting"?  Because the Law & Public Safety Committee of the NJ Assembly is considering RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS to ban every long gun in NJ with the stroke of a pen!  "Forward Grips" on long guns are the next EVIL FEATURE the left is going after.  If they leave it as vague as it's currently written, wooden for-ends on scatterguns & rifles could be made ILLEGAL.  Nappen is scarin' the crap outta everybody tryin' to wake-up the Fudds at these Law Shield gatherings.

We now go back to our regular distraction of the day, SCOTUS :) 

You take care too & remember I'm watchin' so they don't "sneak one in on us"!

Rosey

• Like 2

Just what does THAT^^^ mean [mention=5381]Zeke[/mention]?  
I commented about a tv show and how when it comes to SCOTUS each side goes nutz.  Applying current events to a 15-20 yr old tv script.  That's all I did so settle-down over there, lol!
I would like to see a 7-2 Court in our favor.  I would also like to see SCOTUS grant Cert on a 2A case we can win!  That will take the reelection of Trump to make THAT happen?  I hope not!  I hope this new pick gets confirmed!  The left will fight tooth & nail so that doesn't happen.  They will make sh!t up & dig up the dirt on our (POTUS') picks.  If they had an abortion or a child out of wedlock or their kid got caught smokin' weed, or they had a DUI, no matter how great of a jurist they might be, they'll get tossed because of the public scrutiny surrounding a confirmation hearing.  To me that's just SAD!
I wish the process wasn't so ugly & DISTRACTING!
Why "distracting"?  Because the Law & Public Safety Committee of the NJ Assembly is considering RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS to ban every long gun in NJ with the stroke of a pen!  "Forward Grips" on long guns are the next EVIL FEATURE the left is going after.  If they leave it as vague as it's currently written, wooden for-ends on scatterguns & rifles could be made ILLEGAL.  Nappen is scarin' the crap outta everybody tryin' to wake-up the Fudds at these Law Shield gatherings.
We now go back to our regular distraction of the day, SCOTUS [emoji4] 
You take care too & remember I'm watchin' so they don't "sneak one in on us"!
Rosey
Nothing he posts makes any sense. Thank you for the update and being on top of things.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:54 AM, capt14k said:

How come the Trump can do no wrong crowd hasn't touched his nominee Mark Bennett to the 9th Circuit?? Cat got your tongues? Is it possible Trump isn't the big 2A Supporter many think he is?

I've considered that again after seeing his SCOTUS list and intially disliking that appointment. I see one strategic possibility, which is that if you keep the 9th producing their typical crazy bullshit, they get to continue to be the most overturned circuit court in the nation. They generate a lot of crazy bullshit, rapidly. Having a fast track to SCOTUS appeal of crazy bullshit can be a feature rather than a bug if SCOTUS's composition is favorable to your desired outcome. 

The possibility that it is strategy really depends on how long the Kennedy retirement has been in the works and a known event to the insiders. 

12 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

~R

If our politicians were politicians anymore, rather than just simply criminals in positions of authority, you might be able to deal. That's how we got a lot of Reagan's appointments. When the time came to play nice similarly and keep it polite and balanced, the DNC just waived the middle finger and said who cares. 

This can't be the strategy going forward because the other side wouldn't respect it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

If our politicians were politicians anymore, rather than just simply criminals in positions of authority, you might be able to deal. That's how we got a lot of Reagan's appointments. When the time came to play nice similarly and keep it polite and balanced, the DNC just waived the middle finger and said who cares. 

This can't be the strategy going forward because the other side wouldn't respect it. 

Reagan & Tip O'Neil had quite a few arguments over policy & Bills.  Then they'd meet at a famous DC Steak joint to have dinner & drinks.  Compromise solutions, many of which actually made sense, came from these dinners.  Tip didn't let the DNC tell him what to do.  He was his own man.  I photographed him several times during my career.  He was bigger than life & lit-up the room.  I long for the "Old Days" we both lived thru :) 

• Like 1

I've considered that again after seeing his SCOTUS list and intially disliking that appointment. I see one strategic possibility, which is that if you keep the 9th producing their typical crazy bullshit, they get to continue to be the most overturned circuit court in the nation. They generate a lot of crazy bullshit, rapidly. Having a fast track to SCOTUS appeal of crazy bullshit can be a feature rather than a bug if SCOTUS's composition is favorable to your desired outcome. 
The possibility that it is strategy really depends on how long the Kennedy retirement has been in the works and a known event to the insiders. 
You are giving too much credit.

Reagan & Tip O'Neil had quite a few arguments over policy & Bills.  Then they'd meet at a famous DC Steak joint to have dinner & drinks.  Compromise solutions, many of which actually made sense, came from these dinners.  Tip didn't let the DNC tell him what to do.  He was his own man.  I photographed him several times during my career.  He was bigger than life & lit-up the room.  I long for the "Old Days" we both lived thru [emoji4] 
Tip O'Neill may have worked with Reagan but it wasn't for free. He was as corrupt as the Kennedy's

• Like 1