Xchief30

Which new SC Justice will help with our gun laws ??

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

No matter who Trump picks, it will be exponentially better than a Hillary pick.  I can't even imagine the utter devastation her picks would have inflicted on our Constitution.

But why settle for better than any Hillary pick if we could get somebody that's ideal?

• Like 1

they just announced kavanaugh. isn't he a "not-so-good" choice?

He was the worst of the 6. Hopefully RBG doesn't pass away before Pence is voted in. I hope Pence runs against Trump.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, capt14k said:

He was the worst of the 6. Fuck Trump. Hopefully RBG doesn't pass away before Pence is voted in. I hope Pence runs against Trump.

He may not have been a #1 but “worst of the 6”?  C’mon..  He may not be as good as Harriman but he has pro-2A decisions behind him, unlike Barrett and the others. 

• Like 2

We could have had what the MSM calls a "Pro 2A extremist". Who drove a cab to get through school.

Instead we got an only child, son of lawyers, cocktail republican. The elite stick with the elite and we get it shoved up our asses.

He may not have been a #1 but “worst of the 6”?  C’mon..  He may not be as good as Harriman but he has pro-2A decisions behind him, unlike Barrett and the others. 
Barrett had no 2A decisions that I could find neither did Thapur but they are ultra conservative. Not only children raised by rich Lawyers. We got the shaft. Kennedy 2.0 except Kennedy actually practiced law.

Never happy....
a1a938993d6d9a9c6e8195747ce8c533.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Damn right I'm not.

Where is National carry? Repeal of Hughes Amendment? Slowing down of States taking away 2A Rights. Not a damn thing has been or will be done.

Kavanaugh, who has served on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit since 2006, dissented from a 2011 decision in which a three-judge panel upheld the District of Columbia's ban on so-called assault weapons and its requirement that all guns be registered. Kavanaugh disagreed with the majority's use of "intermediate scrutiny," saying an analysis "based on text, history, and tradition" is more consistent with the Supreme Court's Second Amendment precedents.

The D.C. "assault weapon" ban covers a list of specific models as well as guns that meet certain criteria. A semi-automatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine is illegal, for instance, if it has any of six prohibited features, including an adjustable stock, a pistol grip, or a flash suppressor. "The list appears to be haphazard," Kavanaugh noted. "It bans certain semi-automatic rifles but not others—with no particular explanation or rationale for why some made the list and some did not." In any case, he concluded, the law is inconsistent with the landmark 2008 case District of Columbia v. Heller.

I'm siding with [mention=8404]capt14k[/mention] on this one. Although, Kavanaugh is a conservative, Hardiman would have been the better pick for the 2nd Amendment overall.
Regards,
TokenEntry
I really think we got another Kennedy. His background is terrible. That's Trump and his elitist BS that judge had to go to Ivy League school.

In Heller," Kavanaugh noted, "the Supreme Court held that handguns—the vast majority of which today are semi-automatic—are constitutionally protected because they have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens. There is no meaningful or persuasive constitutional distinction between semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic rifles. Semi-automatic rifles, like semi-automatic handguns, have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens for self-defense in the home, hunting, and other lawful uses. Moreover, semi-automatic handguns are used in connection with violent crimes far more than semi-automatic rifles are. It follows from Heller's protection of semi-automatic handguns that semi-automatic rifles are also constitutionally protected and that D.C.'s ban on them is unconstitutional."

Although Heller suggested that various "longstanding" gun restrictions would pass constitutional muster, Kavanaugh said, D.C.'s gun registration system does not qualify. "Because the vast majority of states have not traditionally required and even now do not require registration of lawfully possessed guns," he wrote, "D.C.'s registration law—which is the strictest in the Nation and mandates registration of all guns—does not satisfy the history- and tradition-based test set forth in Heller."

Kavanaugh also is sensitive to the constitutional implications of regulations that interfere with freedom of speech. In 2009, a year before the Supreme Court overturned statutory restrictions on the political speech of unions and corporations in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, he wrote an opinion rejecting FEC rules that made it harder for advocacy groups to raise money.

Kavanaugh, who has served on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit since 2006, dissented from a 2011 decision in which a three-judge panel upheld the District of Columbia's ban on so-called assault weapons and its requirement that all guns be registered. Kavanaugh disagreed with the majority's use of "intermediate scrutiny," saying an analysis "based on text, history, and tradition" is more consistent with the Supreme Court's Second Amendment precedents.
The D.C. "assault weapon" ban covers a list of specific models as well as guns that meet certain criteria. A semi-automatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine is illegal, for instance, if it has any of six prohibited features, including an adjustable stock, a pistol grip, or a flash suppressor. "The list appears to be haphazard," Kavanaugh noted. "It bans certain semi-automatic rifles but not others—with no particular explanation or rationale for why some made the list and some did not." In any case, he concluded, the law is inconsistent with the landmark 2008 case District of Columbia v. Heller.

There is only one way to interpret the Second Amendment and that is the way it is written. Kavanaugh's dissent leaves open allowing bans and Anti-2A laws.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/06/scotus-contender-brett-kavanaugh-on-gun

Just now, capt14k said:

There is only one way to interpret the Second Amendment and that is the way it is written. Kavanaugh's dissent leaves open allowing bans and Anti-2A laws.

on one hand i agree...on the other hand not. it leaves open the opportunity to attempt such....but it appears as if he along with the other conservatives would go against such bans if brought to the sc

In Heller," Kavanaugh noted, "the Supreme Court held that handguns—the vast majority of which today are semi-automatic—are constitutionally protected because they have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens. There is no meaningful or persuasive constitutional distinction between semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic rifles. Semi-automatic rifles, like semi-automatic handguns, have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens for self-defense in the home, hunting, and other lawful uses. Moreover, semi-automatic handguns are used in connection with violent crimes far more than semi-automatic rifles are. It follows from Heller's protection of semi-automatic handguns that semi-automatic rifles are also constitutionally protected and that D.C.'s ban on them is unconstitutional."
Although Heller suggested that various "longstanding" gun restrictions would pass constitutional muster, Kavanaugh said, D.C.'s gun registration system does not qualify. "Because the vast majority of states have not traditionally required and even now do not require registration of lawfully possessed guns," he wrote, "D.C.'s registration law—which is the strictest in the Nation and mandates registration of all guns—does not satisfy the history- and tradition-based test set forth in Heller."
Kavanaugh also is sensitive to the constitutional implications of regulations that interfere with freedom of speech. In 2009, a year before the Supreme Court overturned statutory restrictions on the political speech of unions and corporations in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, he wrote an opinion rejecting FEC rules that made it harder for advocacy groups to raise money.

I assume you are showing proof why he was a bad pick? No chance of NFA, GCA, Hughes Amendment being overturned by Kavanaugh because they pass the history and tradition test of his, regardless if they are in violation of the Second Amendment

Just now, capt14k said:

I really think we got another Kennedy. His background is terrible. That's Trump and his elitist BS that judge had to go to Ivy League school.

Hopefully, that isn't the case with Kavanaugh. Definitely, Hardiman would have been a better pick where we can reclaim our 2nd Amendment Rights back instead of further encroachment is halted. I could be wrong about this, but this is how I see it and only time will tell.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Hopefully, that isn't the case with Kavanaugh. Definitely, Hardiman would have been a better pick where we can reclaim our 2nd Amendment Rights back instead of further encroachment is halted. I could be wrong about this, but this is how I see it and only time will tell.

Regards,

TokenEntry

That's the best we can hope for with Kavanaugh is the prevention of further encroachment. With Hardiman we had a chance at overturning NFA, GCA, and everything else.

The biggest problem I see with the pick is SCOTUS will not be granting Cert to 2A cases anytime soon.

Hardiman will replace the cript keeper when her skeleton falls off the chair.   

This was an easy pick, he is better then the man he replaced.  So, going by that we are ahead of the game.   

• Like 4

Again, basing one decision and the president sux. Geezus.... Hillary for 2020 right guys?
[emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impeach 45! Impeach 45!

• Like 2

Just now, bhunted said:

Again, basing one decision and the president sux. Geezus.... Hillary for 2020 right guys?
emoji37.png

I am amazed on some of these comments here.  We are doing great, this guy is replacing a wishy washy, middle of the ground game killer.  

• Like 4

Hardiman will replace the cript keeper when her skeleton falls off the chair.   
This was an easy pick, he is better then the man he replaced.  So, going by that we are ahead of the game.   

If Pence is POTUS.

I am amazed on some of these comments here.  We are doing great, this guy is replacing a wishy washy, middle of the ground game killer.  

I will being willing to wager Cert denied continues. He replaced Kennedy with Kennedy 2.0

Just now, capt14k said:

That's the best we can hope for with Kavanaugh is the prevention of further encroachment. With Hardiman we had a chance at overturning NFA, GCA, and everything else.

Agreed. You guys have to understand that we're not saying Kavanaugh is a bad pick, but Hardiman would have been the better choice. I guess we'll have to wait on Ginsburg replacement to see how this will play out.

Regards,

TokenEntry

• Like 1

She will be gone after the next election, mark my words.  

I agree and I hope Trump doesn't run again. Trump has done some great things. Restoring the Second is not one of them and is nowhere near the top of his list.

We don’t need to understand anything. I can curse like a sailor but Eff Trump because you didn’t get your pick? This is a leftist mentality. Its bs!

• Like 3

Agreed. You guys have to understand that we're not saying Kavanaugh is a bad pick, but Hardiman would have been the better choice. I guess we'll have to wait on Ginsburg replacement to see how this will play out.
Regards,
TokenEntry

That is exactly it. Kennedy wasn't terrible, but he wasn't strong Pro 2A either. Everyone seems to forget too that Justices get more Liberal as they age. Even happened with Scalia. Thomas is the only one who has held pat.

We don’t need to understand anything. I can curse like a sailor but Eff Trump because you didn’t get your pick? This is a leftist mentality. Its bs!

I deleted it you whiny little girl. Go cry over the news being posted some more.