revenger

value of 10+ mags in NJ

what would the value be of 10+ round mags in NJ be for the purpose of establishing a market value,   in case the state relents and is going to compensate owners for their property.

I have 6 P-mags that I would like 100k a piece for,  this way NJ can fund my move out of this shithole state.

since the market decides the value lets start trading our mags ,   you buy mine for 600k and ill buy yours for 600k we will therefore establish a market value,   ill get a receipt book from staples for proof.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, revenger said:

what would the value be of 10+ round mags in NJ be for the purpose of establishing a market value,   in case the state relents and is going to compensate owners for their property.

I have 6 P-mags that I would like 100k a piece for,  this way NJ can fund my move out of this shithole state.

since the market decides the value lets start trading our mags ,   you buy mine for 600k and ill buy yours for 600k we will therefore establish a market value,   ill get a receipt book from staples for proof.

I don't think that will work.  Ask me for more details and I'll tell you why.

The state will not relent and pay.

Compensation is based on market value there would have to be millions of sales to bring value up that much.

30 rounders are $10. At best we can hope for is $10 + cost to convert. Some scumbag FFL would jump at the opportunity to bid his services to convert them. Probably more than one in this state. Maybe we would get $30 a mag compensation.

Edit: Not all FFL are scumbags just the ones who would jump at the chance to profit at freedoms expense.

Yes the market decides but something that is for sale and has not sold does not dictate market price.  For the value of a p mag to be 100k you’d need an observable market, e.g. buyers, willing to buy at that price.  The state would use past sales making your mags worth about 15 bucks. 

You're looking at this all wrong.

15 round magazines are neutered garbage. When firearms like the AR-15 were designed, the capacity of rounds is an inherent part of the cartridge and firearm designed. M1 Garand took 8 because 8x 30-06 fit nicely into the receiver and you can shoot prone without it in the way, as was part of how the weapon was used at the time.

Other firearms later came around with closer-range, more fast paced shooting in mind such as the M14 and BAR, and rounds like the .308 and 30-06 were found to be cumbersome even in 20 round quantity. The German 7.92 kurz in the STG-44 is shorter (kurz) than the full size Mauser round, as is the 7.62x39 (SKS  & AK) shorter than the x54r in the Mosin Nagant. A big part of the 5.56x45 design is the ability to reload less, and carry far more ammunition. Remember these are design considerations for lugging cases off a truck, hiking for dozens of miles, etc. Not just back and forth to your car at the range. 

The AR-15, AK-47, etc. are 30 round firearms. Anti-gun advocates have successfully fooled many gun owners, both "free" ones and non, into using terms like "high capacity magazine" or thinking that adjustable stocks are some badass thing. When really these are machines, inanimate objects made for specific engineering reasons no different than why a frying pan and a bridge use different gauges of steel and different alloys for their construction. 

Every warrior has a weapon based on his usage. The Roman Gladius is ~18" long, why not give him an English longsword at 36"? Because wielding a 36" sword in a shield wall formation you're just going to kill your fellow Legionaries. And hand the Gladius to a knight, well have fun trying to fight on horseback with a large knife!

IN. COMMON. USAGE. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

NO....The 15 round mags suck too! We here in the PRNJ have been brainwashed  to adore our 15 rounders but life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness starts at 30 rounds and goes up from there!

Are you telling me my 100 round drums are not legal in PRNJ. OMG! :lol: 

If you look at prices the state offers during gun buybacks (where assault weapons are worth what, $200) and compare those prices to reality, the state will say our mags are worth about $1.

It's all mental masturbation anyway - I don't believe the state will pay anything for them, nor will the courts force them to.  At best the court order MIGHT mean the state offers grandfathering ... 

You're looking at this all wrong.
15 round magazines are neutered garbage. When firearms like the AR-15 were designed, the capacity of rounds is an inherent part of the cartridge and firearm designed. M1 Garand took 8 because 8x 30-06 fit nicely into the receiver and you can shoot prone without it in the way, as was part of how the weapon was used at the time.
Other firearms later came around with closer-range, more fast paced shooting in mind such as the M14 and BAR, and rounds like the .308 and 30-06 were found to be cumbersome even in 20 round quantity. The German 7.92 kurz in the STG-44 is shorter (kurz) than the full size Mauser round, as is the 7.62x39 (SKS  & AK) shorter than the x54r in the Mosin Nagant. A big part of the 5.56x45 design is the ability to reload less, and carry far more ammunition. Remember these are design considerations for lugging cases off a truck, hiking for dozens of miles, etc. Not just back and forth to your car at the range. 
The AR-15, AK-47, etc. are 30 round firearms. Anti-gun advocates have successfully fooled many gun owners, both "free" ones and non, into using terms like "high capacity magazine" or thinking that adjustable stocks are some badass thing. When really these are machines, inanimate objects made for specific engineering reasons no different than why a frying pan and a bridge use different gauges of steel and different alloys for their construction. 
Every warrior has a weapon based on his usage. The Roman Gladius is ~18" long, why not give him an English longsword at 36"? Because wielding a 36" sword in a shield wall formation you're just going to kill your fellow Legionaries. And hand the Gladius to a knight, well have fun trying to fight on horseback with a large knife!
IN. COMMON. USAGE. 

BAR was before Garand.

BAR & M-14 have their uses. Sometimes 5.56 just doesn't cut it.

Germans figured out solution to larger capacity full size rifle round mags in prone position with the FG-42.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, capt14k said:

BAR was before Garand.

BAR & M-14 have their uses. Sometimes 5.56 just doesn't cut it.

Germans figured out solution to larger capacity full size rifle round mags in prone position with the FG-42.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear you. Personally I don't even like 5.56 in semi-auto firearms.

I  was just going through things in general. 

• Like 1

I hear you. Personally I don't even like 5.56 in semi-auto firearms.
I  was just going through things in general. 
I know I can't help responding about Milsurps on this forum. It is much more interesting to me than short shotguns that for years if you wanted one a hacksaw was all that was needed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk