runcibleman

NJ state troopers attempt gun confiscation because man's son criticizes school security weakness?

15 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Due process is an important point. 

Im curious @Smokin .50 what are the charges?

i suspect none. Then it’s harassment via the concerned parent of the 3rd child. It’s adult swatting. We knew this was ripe for abuse. 

@Zeke as far as we can ascertain, NO charges have been filed in this case.  As far as swatting goes, if her kid tells her a ripe story and she calls the school, IMHO it's not swatting since no intent to harm is present.  If by law the school has to report EVERY possible threat to the Po-Po, then the school is off the hook too.  What we have here is a "Perfect Storm" that leads to "visits" & confiscations "just to be safe".  As I see it, the problem is overreaching, feel-good LAW and not the deliberate effort of any one individual to cause deliberate harm.  Tough pill to swallow!  Just another reason we fight every damn day!

3 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

@Zeke as far as we can ascertain, NO charges have been filed in this case.  As far as swatting goes, if her kid tells her a ripe story and she calls the school, IMHO it's not swatting since no intent to harm is present.  If by law the school has to report EVERY possible threat to the Po-Po, then the school is off the hook too.  What we have here is a "Perfect Storm" that leads to "visits" & confiscations "just to be safe".  As I see it, the problem is overreaching, feel-good LAW and not the deliberate effort of any one individual to cause deliberate harm.  Tough pill to swallow!  Just another reason we fight every damn day!

Actions have consequences... and I clearly see liable parties.. yelling fire in a movie theater 

13 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Smokin .50... to tag

it goes like this

@ space ( then start typing in the screen name), and then click on the name then click on the name from the menu..

its ok.. I walked @AVB-AMG and @Mrs. Peel through this also

Dude, I'm burnt already today from this story.  Do appreciate the heads-up!  I'll practice later tonight, lol!  Take care Bud!

All the people who think / said the police would never enforce unconstitutional laws better wake up.  I support the police.  But they are human, have families, mortgages and "x" amount of years vested in their pension or until retirement.  

If all this is true, they took the unsubstantiated word of a young teenager with no due process.  Think about that long and hard.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Its not really 'swatting'...and not really a 'perfect storm', either.  Like @Smokin .50 describes; its the predictable outcome of a cascade of hands that are tied, with liability laws and 'shall report' edicts replacing common sense. 

Start with the schools - if they don't report to the PD; they are in trouble.  Move up to the PD...they get a report; they must investigate...but their hands are tied, and their choices are limited - either make an arrest or somehow remove the threat.  Discretion went out the door years ago.

What's the answer?  Wish I knew....

• Like 3

All the people who think / said the police would never enforce unconstitutional laws better wake up.  I support the police.  But they are human, have families, mortgages and "x" amount of years vested in their pension or until retirement.  
If all this is true, they took the unsubstantiated word of a young teenager with no due process.  Think about that long and hard.

I do not support any cop or anyone who will not respect the Constitution. If they don’t respect the Constitution they are the enemy. The ones that do respect the Constitution I will fight side by side with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 9:58 PM, W2MC said:

What's the answer?  Wish I knew....

The first part of the answer is “start” with the lawyers. It’s those greedy pigs that generate the suits. Eliminate settlements. Often right and wrong have nothing to do with justice. It’s all who will settle for what amount from the insurance companies. Constitution?  Well lawyers aren’t taught the law in law school. They are taught how to beat the law. Using legal weasel words and twisted concepts they use the constitution as a tool to manipulate into whatever they need it to be at the moment. Lawyers are hired by politicians to write the laws for them to pass. Good or bad the politicians vote the laws in. If the laws are bad who gets hired to defend or condemn them? The lawyers. Who presides over the arguments? Judges who are also lawyers. Imagine if we threw out the hair splitting terminology and dismissed the “hot coffee” like cases on a regular basis. Where would we be?  Would we be in a place where we would have to look before we leap? Actually be responsible to look both ways before you cross the street? Or even a little responsible for your own actions?  Oh heaven forbid. Then half the lawyers would be pumping gas for a living. 

The people ordering these cops and the cops doing it are backed by either tax paid or union paid lawyers. From the Governor’s seat to the patrol car seat they are comfortable doing these things because the lawyers will fight it out and they have no consequences. The lawyers have that covered too. 

• Like 4

Happened close to me. I'm going to see what info I can find out. Something seems off with this story. Police say he was allowed to keep firearms and he said he worked out deal to move them which never made sense to me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 7/12/2018 at 11:27 PM, capt14k said:

Happened close to me. I'm going to see what info I can find out. Something seems off with this story. Police say he was allowed to keep firearms and he said he worked out deal to move them which never made sense to me.

I interviewed the man.  It's true.  Every word of what I wrote.  The new Red Flag Law was less than a week old & I'm willing to speculate that the rules hadn't been written YET.  NJSP Major Brian Polite wouldn't comment on whether or not the new law was used in this case.  He's now quoted in 2-3 papers, a radio station and Ammoland.  You want every bow tied pretty & this case ain't pretty, but it's real none-the-less :)   Sometimes things in NJ go sideways.  Hurricane Sandy caused massive illegal transportation's & transfers to take place under the direction of & at the insistence of several police agencies.

I interviewed the man.  It's true.  Every word of what I wrote.  The new Red Flag Law was less than a week old & I'm willing to speculate that the rules hadn't been written YET.  NJSP Major Brian Polite wouldn't comment on whether or not the new law was used in this case.  He's now quoted in 2-3 papers, a radio station and Ammoland.  You want every bow tied pretty & this case ain't pretty, but it's real none-the-less [emoji4]   Sometimes things in NJ go sideways.  Hurricane Sandy caused massive illegal transportation's & transfers to take place under the direction of & at the insistence of several police agencies.

I believe the story of them coming to the house. The moving of the firearms part is the only thing that seemed off to me. A friend of mine was Sgt in Hamilton up until recently. I should be seeing him Monday when he comes to pickup some cabinets.

The first mistake was letting the LEOs in the house.   It could have been handled at the door.  

Them: "Sir, it's the police."

Me: "do you gots dat warrant?"

Them:  "no sir"

Me:  "have a good day"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

The first mistake was letting the LEOs in the house.   It could have been handled at the door.  

The wife let them inside the house and gave permission to search the 13 yr old's bedroom w/o a warrant.  Mommy had nuthin' to hide.  Neither did her son.  The search took place prior to Len's arrival home.  Dad was at work when the Po-Po showed-up at 9:30pm.  Was it the smartest play?  Yes & no:  Got them to NOT confiscate, so.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

They're safe in my safe. Thanks for your concern. 

• Like 3

This is exactly what happened to me.

70% of this forum attacked me

Smoking 50 pm’ed my lawyer and told him I won a bucket pool and make sure he got that money

This is why our state is f*cked up

But in the end I won..... without a go fund me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is exactly what happened to me.

70% of this forum attacked me

Smoking 50 pm’ed my lawyer and told him I won a bucket pool and make sure he got that money

This is why our state is f*cked up

But in the end I won..... without a go fund me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exactly did they attack you over not letting the police in your house?

What is a bucket pool?

I found one locked thread and a lot of deleted posts it seems in that thread. Did any of those threads survive?

It was discussed here, maybe a Mod will unlock it.

Those threads are long gone. Censorship at its best.

Even if they weren’t deleted they wouldn’t unlock them because that would be proof of who the Antis are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I am talking about Shawn's situation and calling out the Antis on this forum.

Yes, I read that too.  I'm not sure he was talking antis as much as pointing out the eating of our own that we're famous for.  Also there may be stuff in that thread he'd prefer to keep buried for a while for other reasons.  Just speculating here but sounds like a reasonable position for keeping quiet, that's all.  

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I am talking about Shawn's situation and calling out the Antis on this forum.

I dont think there are antis on the forum.....  well maybe one....

The forum here and it can defend itself, but as with everything there are segments of the society, here as well.

Some believe that the talk of armed insurrection at this time is unwarranted .....

Some believe a march on Trenton full tilt armed should happen.....

Some are fudds....some are low speed high drag....some really are high speed low drag...

Some will cave...some will stand their ground....

It's the breakfast club on adderall ...  

I dont remember all of what happened but I think it was all the conspiracy shit that was over the top....  well ymmv.....but anyone who invites the police in the house without a warrant in my mind is a mistake.....no good came come from a knock and question....

THIS IS NOT A SLAM ON LAW ENFORCEMENT...  they just have a job to do and that is to enforce law...and go home.  This whole you have nothing to hide so why not let them in and talk is silly....not far from the overreaching surveillance in our society..