runcibleman

NJ state troopers attempt gun confiscation because man's son criticizes school security weakness?

The Bible is a book of laws written in story form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bible is the number one selling book of all time, the most translated book, Christianity has the most followers in the world, Things like that don’t happen by mistake. Guaranteed the liberal spaghetti god or whatever they like to say will never obtain .01% of the followers Jesus Christ has nor will ever sell even .01% of the amount of books the Bible has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

The Bible is a book of laws written in story form.

Ever read it?

Not just bits and pieces, but the whole thing?

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

The Bible is the number one selling book of all time, the most translated book, Christianity has the most followers in the world, Things like that don’t happen by mistake. Guaranteed the liberal spaghetti god or whatever they like to say will never obtain .01% of the followers Jesus Christ has nor will ever sell even .01% of the amount of books the Bible has.

If only there was some kind of reasonable explanation for that. Something like being one of the first versions of major religion giving it more time to spread than other religions? Christians got a few hundred years head start with their stories. People having been massacring the Jews for millennia so that kind of knocked down their numbers. Islam started in the 600s and didn't reach Europe until almost 700 AD. Could have a lot to do with blind luck. Could have a lot to do with Christians spending a lot of time in history trying to literally kill off other religions through violence.

If only there was some kind of reasonable explanation for that. Something like being one of the first versions of major religion giving it more time to spread than other religions? Christians got a few hundred years head start with their stories. People having been massacring the Jews for millennia so that kind of knocked down their numbers. Islam started in the 600s and didn't reach Europe until almost 700 AD. Could have a lot to do with blind luck. Could have a lot to do with Christians spending a lot of time in history trying to literally kill off other religions through violence.
Pagans were around before Christ what are their numbers like today?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No, I would never just read the Bible. But over the years in classes you would read it and go over what it meant and be tested on it.

I also took a class that analyzed and explained all the major religions

No, I would never just read the Bible. But over the years in classes you would read it and go over what it meant and be tested on it.

I also took a class that analyzed and explained all the major religions

Do you really think you should comment on what you have not read? Try reading the New Testament front to back you maybe surprised.

Paganism is a VERY broad term. It basically means not Christian. It wasn't an organized religion.

How about Nordic Paganism

Because years of classes on the book gives me grounds. You really wanna hear my opinion on the Catholic Church I can tell you. But I do t tho k you’ll like it  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont like the Catholic Church either. I am Presbyterian. You do realize Protestantism is the largest religion in America.  Catholics make up less than 25% of the population. Your forced indoctrinization gives you the exact opposite of knowledge of the Bible.

Why do self proclaimed Atheists find it neccessary to try and degrade the religion of the majority. It only makes us realize that more religion needs to be in everyday life to save them and quell their anger. That was sarcasm, but seriously Atheists seem so very angry.

I dont hate the religion. I don’t consider myself an atheist. I’d say agnostic. But I don’t believe the stories in that book actually happened. I believe they were written as a guide to keep society civil. Follow those rules and you will have a better life. But if you wanna believe a whale swallowed a guy then spit him out go for it (yes that old test). Evolution is real. Dinosaurs existed. It took longer then 6 days to create the universe.

• Like 1

Heck I took biology and religion in high school. My Jewish doctor biology teacher taught evolution at a catholic school. He flat out told us to forget everything we learned in religion while in that class.

16 hours ago, Greenday said:

i think you meant to say muslims

• Like 2

I dont hate the religion. I don’t consider myself an atheist. I’d say agnostic. But I don’t believe the stories in that book actually happened. I believe they were written as a guide to keep society civil. Follow those rules and you will have a better life. But if you wanna believe a whale swallowed a guy then spit him out go for it (yes that old test). Evolution is real. Dinosaurs existed. It took longer then 6 days to create the universe.

Evolution is not real, dinosaurs did exist, 6 days is a metaphor, and those are Old Testament Stories. New Trumps Old. Jesus was ressurected and did perform miracles thus why he had so many followers.

i think you meant to say muslims

Yes the Religion of Evil is whose practitioners follow the murdering rapist child molestor was the one who massacred the Jews for refusing to convert.

33 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Evolution is not real, dinosaurs did exist, 6 days is a metaphor, and those are Old Testament Stories. New Trumps Old. Jesus was ressurected and did perform miracles thus why he had so many followers.

Yes the Religion of Evil is whose practitioners follow the murdering rapist child molestor was the one who massacred the Jews for refusing to convert.

Jews have been fighting off "organized pagans" from before 1000 BC.  That would include Assyrians and Romans later on.

Jews have been fighting off "organized pagans" from before 1000 BC.  That would include Assyrians and Romans later on.

True. Though a major reason for their low numbers is because so many saw the light that is Jesus Christ and converted.

Wow. Holy thread drift, Batman! How 'bout this? Let's update this thread when (and only when) there's more news on this particular case that the OP posted about... and if there are no updates, we'll let it die the quiet, dignified death it deserves? :unsure:

If you'd like to wax poetic about Christianity, paganism, etc., open a scintillating new thread in the 1A Lounge, pls. Thank youuuuu! 

• Like 1