Batt52

New Member from West Milford (Passaic County)

Hello, name is Jim. Lifelong NJ resident originally from Morris County, now living in Passaic County. I work in construction as a surveyor currently working on the redevelopment of LGA. I have been a volunteer firefighter since 1998, currently serving my fourth year as Chief, as well as member of our local Search & Rescue team.  Just got back into shooting with my first handgun purchase this year. Been hunting/shooting since I was a teenager.  Home range is Cherry Ridge.  Looking forward to hopefully meeting some members at the range.

• Like 2

Hello, name is Jim. Lifelong NJ resident originally from Morris County, now living in Passaic County. I work in construction as a surveyor currently working on the redevelopment of LGA. I have been a volunteer firefighter since 1998, currently serving my fourth year as Chief, as well as member of our local Search & Rescue team.  Just got back into shooting with my first handgun purchase this year. Been hunting/shooting since I was a teenager.  Home range is Cherry Ridge.  Looking forward to hopefully meeting some members at the range.

Hey Jim! Welcome! I've never been to Cherry Ridge, but I've been meaning to join. Maybe after I finally get around to it, I'll meet you there!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi Jim,

welcome aboard. I’m up at cherry ridge at least three times a week when the weather is good and twice a week when its not. Usually messing around at the 100 or 300 rifle range looking for the perfect load. 

8 hours ago, Batt52 said:

Home range is Cherry Ridge.  Looking forward to hopefully meeting some members at the range.

I think there's a lot of Cherry Ridge members here. If you know you're going on a particular day, you can post it under the Events/Meetups thread. You'll probably get some people to join you that day, assuming you give a little notice. Nice way to meet members. We also sometimes have NJGF-sponsored events - most commonly, Shotgun Shootouts at the Clinton Wildlife Mgmt Area. If you don't have a shotgun, people bring plenty so you can always borrow. So, keep your eyes out for that too (same Events/Meetups forum).

And… WELCOME!