Zeke

In wall gun safe question

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

More specifically do think it would hold 2 optic ars? Or 1 optic ar and 1 hd shotty?

I have one.

I have a optic AR and the shotty in there, no problem. I think you could get both optic ARs in there, as there is some air space where the second optic would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Any of you have this or experience with this;

https://www.stack-on.com/product/wall-safe-55/

More specifically do think it would hold 2 optic ars? Or 1 optic ar and 1 hd shotty?

thanks in advance.

Might need new/different foam to hold the barrel further away from the wall to leave room for the optic and still have them vertical and not leaning too much. 

16 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

I have one.

I have a optic AR and the shotty in there, no problem. I think you could get both optic ARs in there, as there is some air space where the second optic would be.

Thank you!

see @High Exposure that’s being a helper!

15 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

I like this device where it can be used vertical or horizontal. This can also be used in a vehicle if you buy the mounting kit for it.

Link - ARmA15.com

Regards,

TokenEntry

Ya I’m looking at those. But it’s 2x purchase, which is also 2x $ mula 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Any of you have this or experience with this

A couple of quick points, if you decide to get one.

1) Confirm that the location you want to put it was truly framed 16" OC with the studs (so you have 14-1/2 clear between studs). Carpenters sometimes move the studs around when framing, specially if you get close to a corner of a room.

2) Make sure there's no plumbing or electric in that wall cavity. Plumbing is usually easy, cause you know where your wet areas are. Electric can be a challenge, as sometimes wires are run between outlets,  and you could have a circuit  or pass-thru wire running in that wall cavity.

Lastly, it's only 4" deep, so only narrow firearms will fit. Some ammo boxes are too wide to fit in.

Also, I have the key only version, not the digital. Having the digital version wasn't important to me. I'm just as quick with a key, and the battery on the key never dies out. :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

A couple of quick points, if you decide to get one.

1) Confirm that the location you want to put it was truly framed 16" OC with the studs (so you have 14-1/2 clear between studs). Carpenters sometimes move the studs around when framing, specially if you get close to a corner of a room.

2) Make sure there's no plumbing or electric in that wall cavity. Plumbing is usually easy, cause you know where your wet areas are. Electric can be a challenge, as sometimes wires are run between outlets,  and you could have a circuit  or pass-thru wire running in that wall cavity.

Lastly, it's only 4" deep, so only narrow firearms will fit. Some ammo boxes are too wide to fit in.

Also, I have the key only version, not the digital. Having the digital version wasn't important to me. I'm just as quick with a key, and the battery on the key never dies out. :)

F’n contractor’s ! Good point!

looks like digital has key back up.

I think it depends how accessible the location you plan to put the In-Wall Safe at and if it will be covered or not. Is this going to be installed inside a walk-in closet, in the living room, garage, etc . . .? No need to answer, just something to think about if one is worried about the theft of the safe.

Regards,

TokenEntry

1 minute ago, TokenEntry said:

I think it depends how accessible the location you plan to put the In-Wall Safe at and if it will be covered or not. Is this going to be installed inside a walk-in closet, in the living room, garage, etc . . .? No need to answer, just something to think about if one is worried about the theft of the safe.

Regards,

TokenEntry

@voyager9 is jus being.... well... he’s jus being him. If someone is stealing my wall.. we gotz bigger problems

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

Regards,

TokenEntry

That’s true for any of this class of storage cabinet. At least this one is secured to the studs in 4-6 places and sunk into the wall to limit leverage. Still none of these should be obvious. 30 seconds with a sawzall or wonder bar and it’s gone.   They could be extended if bolts are used with metal plates/thick washers inside and on the other side of the stud instead of screws. 

12 minutes ago, Zeke said:

You sound like a Democrat. Theft is illegal 

so is murder and shooting people. 

Jeebus. 

“People could steal your shoulder thingy that goes up?”

That’s a tad harsh don’t you think?  I was pointing out that most of this class of thing is more a “somewhat secure container” instead of a true safe. 

I believe this to be true. If your buying a cabinet, concealment is your friend. If your buying a security container, bolting it in to reduce access is a prefered method to increase the time it takes to break into it. If you buy a safe, well that's another conversation. But if its under 3000 lbs and under a dollar a pound, its probably not a safe.

1 hour ago, Shane45 said:

I believe this to be true. If your buying a cabinet, concealment is your friend. If your buying a security container, bolting it in to reduce access is a prefered method to increase the time it takes to break into it. If you buy a safe, well that's another conversation. But if its under 3000 lbs and under a dollar a pound, its probably not a safe.

As opposed to the clamp style open wall mounts like Hornady? 

2 hours ago, Shane45 said:

If your buying a cabinet, concealment is your friend.

2 hours ago, Shane45 said:

But if its under 3000 lbs and under a dollar a pound, its probably not a safe.

All Zeke needs to do is hang a life sized poster of himself over the in-wall safe, then no one will ever go near it....  :)

Oh boy... here it comes....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

All Zeke needs to do is hang a life sized poster of himself over the in-wall safe, then no one will ever go near it....  :)

Oh boy... here it comes....

Like moths to the flame

6 hours ago, TokenEntry said:

I think it depends how accessible the location you plan to put the In-Wall Safe at and if it will be covered or not.

The location plays a big part. Easy access but concealed.

6 hours ago, voyager9 said:

At least this one is secured to the studs in 4-6 places and sunk into the wall to limit leverage. Still none of these should be obvious. 30 seconds with a sawzall or wonder bar and it’s gone.

My opinion, you need to slow down or stop the Tweakers that break in to do a quick smash and grab. This safe isn't coming out of the wall easily. If someone is really serious about taking your stuff, virtually nothing is going to stop them, short of looking down the barrel of a gun.

One thing that bothers me is to see something like this. I remember shopping for my last house and popping open doors for closets in potential houses I was thinking of buying and seeing this:

unbelievable-hidden-closet-gun-safe-of-c

That's a kinda of giveaway to what might be stored in that closet. Anyone breaking into that house knows what's in that safe in  a second.

I prefer concealment safes, concealment furniture or other innovative ways to hide/store firearms so the wandering Tweaker doesn't know what he's looking at.

3 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Those guys make some interesting stuff. Concealment furniture and decor is a good way to go.

Here's a company located in NJ in Hampton, anyone know anything about them? They have a interesting cross section of concealment products.

N.J. Concealment Furniture

http://www.njconceal.co/

7 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

The location plays a big part. Easy access but concealed.

My opinion, you need to slow down or stop the Tweakers that break in to do a quick smash and grab. This safe isn't coming out of the wall easily. If someone is really serious about taking your stuff, virtually nothing is going to stop them, short of looking down the barrel of a gun.

One thing that bothers me is to see something like this. I remember shopping for my last house and popping open doors for closets in potential houses I was thinking of buying and seeing this:

unbelievable-hidden-closet-gun-safe-of-c

That's a kinda of giveaway to what might be stored in that closet. Anyone breaking into that house knows what's in that safe in  a second.

I prefer concealment safes, concealment furniture or other innovative ways to hide/store firearms so the wandering Tweaker doesn't know what he's looking at.

The Benelli M4 and a SCAR 16 should be in a real safe bolted to the floor.

Regards,

TokenEntry

15 hours ago, TokenEntry said:

The Benelli M4 and a SCAR 16 should be in a real safe bolted to the floor.

Regards,

TokenEntry

@voyager9will say they will steal your floor. Then it will go full retard... and they will steal your house.

legaly, I only need trigger locks, and only if minors could gain easy access