So I had several 15 rd hex mags that were actually 30 rd modified to 15. Bought them online that way. Turns out you just needed to buy a kit for about $6, remove the floor plate, change the follower and spring and you have a 30 rd mag. I guess they've been illegal all this time.

They have not been illegal because they are not 30 rnd magazines modified to 15 rnds. They were designed as 15 rnd mags in the first place but in a 30 rnd body, big difference. Also, Sentry will not sell you the floor plate and spring (conversion kit) seperately to make it into a 30 rnd mag.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MB24 said:

So I had several 15 rd hex mags that were actually 30 rd modified to 15. Bought them online that way. Turns out you just needed to buy a kit for about $6, remove the floor plate, change the follower and spring and you have a 30 rd mag. I guess they've been illegal all this time.

no, they haven't, and it'd be good if you people would stop broadcasting this shit out in the open, giving the powers that be the ideas to make them illegal.

• Like 7

Egadz, nobody reads here. RIF... this place is getting like CNN...
Not illegal. If you use any mag or part other than it was designed for then they are illegal.

They were sold as 15s. You can modify them down to 10 from a 3rd party kit, but you cannot buy parts from Hexmag direct. Only complete mags.

wow! had no idea this would insight such a riot. Think you need to loosen the tin foil hat. Do you really think someone is trolling this site to get top secret information about magazine limits. A person that would do that wants a complete ban, not worried about lowering the limit AGAIN from 10 to 5 or any other number.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MB24 said:

wow! had no idea this would insight such a riot. Think you need to loosen the tin foil hat. Do you really think someone is trolling this site to get top secret information about magazine limits. A person that would do that wants a complete ban, not worried about lowering the limit AGAIN from 10 to 5 or any other number.

Banned by name? Nah that could never happen...

Legislative research? Why bother....

Civil impact study? It will be fine

The reason people get jumped on here is because someone who has no idea what they are talking about posts something here as if it is fact, when if they only had the slightest bit of reading comprehension, or did the slightest bit of research, they would not make a fool of themself. And it gets really old hearing the same incorrect bullshit get spewed time after time, and confuses people who in the future google "hexmag nj legal" and bullshit like this pops up and they think their legal (10) round hexmag is illegal. There are grey areas and there are clear black or white areas, and don't act like you know for a fact in either case when you don't actually know, or we will get another 10 page topic on if we are allowed to modify a 15 round magazine to 10...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, MB24 said:

People aren't jumping on you as a personal attack.  We've had these conversations many times before.  There is enough BS going around with the new laws and how to handle them (or not) that when things pop up like this it gets a collective eye-roll and the above responses.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

People aren't jumping on you as a personal attack.  We've had these conversations many times before.  There is enough BS going around with the new laws and how to handle them (or not) that when things pop up like this it gets a collective eye-roll and the above responses.

@MB24 nobody is saying you are retarded... you’re jus acting retarded

54 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

There is enough BS going around with the new laws and how to handle them (or not) that when things pop up like this it gets a collective eye-roll and the above responses.

Well, on the other hand, there is a whole bunch of BS and false statements floating around in different forums and other areas that can definitely confuse the issue. Not everyone hangs on the NJGF 15 hours a day to get the latest updates like a few in this thread.

Hell, I'd make a $1000 bet that 75% of the gun owners in NJ don't even know about the new 10 round law, I would also bet that less that 10% have ANY clue on what's needed to make a 15 round legal.

Go visit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/NJGuns/

You'll see a whole ton of clueless.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sniper22 said:

Well, on the other hand, there is a whole bunch of BS and false statements floating around in different forums and other areas that can definitely confuse the issue. Not everyone hangs on the NJGF 15 hours a day to get the latest updates like a few in this thread.

Hell, I'd make a $1000 bet that 75% of the gun owners in NJ don't even know about the new 10 round law, I would also bet that less that 10% have ANY clue on what's needed to make a 15 round legal.

100% not illegal... yet

Well, on the other hand, there is a whole bunch of BS and false statements floating around in different forums and other areas that can definitely confuse the issue. Not everyone hangs on the NJGF 15 hours a day to get the latest updates like a few in this thread. Hell, I'd make a $1000 bet that 75% of the gun owners in NJ don't even know about the new 10 round law, I would also bet that less that 10% have ANY clue on what's needed to make a 15 round legal.

Go visit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/NJGuns/

You'll see a whole ton of clueless.

Kindly tell them to get over here, read each and everything on this forum. Want to ask a question? Read it again and again. When all else fails, use search box. Finally, when your fingers are hanging on by mere thin tendons, admit that and your question may or will be answered. By the way, there are such things as stupid questions. Those are the ones that have a similar question a few threads back. Laziness gets no credit here. Snowflakes need not reply.

PS: If you believe everything on the internet, you are already lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure you want them here?

Yea, we need more meatheads to beat on... I wouldn’t doubt there are posers here already.
Tell them this is now the new headquarters of FNN...
Watch how fast they bleed over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And if you all think that there's not someone (or someones) from the NJSP or the AG's office reading every post about the 6 new laws here on the forum, you're sadly deluded.

As someone said, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you. And we're talking about people with college degrees (some with multiple degrees) and a Progressive ax to grind. If I were in their shoes, I'd do exactly the same.

13 hours ago, bhunted said:

Yea, we need more meatheads to beat on...

OK, you can start with this one, here's one from the Reddit board, talk about scary....

So you think the 10 round mag questions and the new law are silly?

Go read the responses on that thread, one guy wants to know if laminating your FID card voids it.... even more scary stuff...