Sign in to follow this  
Bklynracer

Texas mother shoots carjacker in face

Good article, good for her for protecting her children. We would have to grab the car and get dragged away with it.

She was quoted as saying, I wish I would have killed you if I didn't already.

Dont mess with Mom.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/0f2f3a1a-77ec-339d-bbed-36c41edc6b3d/ss_texas-mother-shoots-carjacker.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

One less carjacker.

He's still alive...

33 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

Head shot and he lives.:facepalm:

I read it was in the face.... she needs more range time to hone those skills..

From the article:

..."He turned around and looked at me. I reached over the arm rest to get to my glove compartment and that's when I fired at him."

She added: "I should have just emptied the whole clip but I didn't.

"I hope that woke him up."

I bet it woke everyone up, firing off a round INSIDE the car...

She missed the most important part, keep squeezing the trigger until the threat is neutralized.

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I thought it was a gas station 

She probably left it running to keep the A/C on for the kids. This is Texas.

Check out the perp, seems he was a Altar Boy and an outstanding citizen (only kidding).

....." Wright has been charged with two counts of Unlawful Restraint and Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle. Court records show he has been arrested more than 20 times on a variety of charges — including unauthorized use of a vehicle, possession of marijuana, evading arrest, assault and theft. "

_102402354_rickey-wright-12-12-81-2014-m

3 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Here's a thought - don't leave your kids in the car while you go into the store

especially when the keys are in the car................. jmo

I agree, but I read it was a gas station. I take my keys most every time I get out. But there have been times when the keys stayed in.

The more I think about this, I'm with @JT Custom Guns ... I think this is an example of what NOT to do... she left her precious kids in the car with the keys in the ignition... and a gun in the glovebox!  :facepalm: Now don't get me wrong, I totally admire her moxie for what she ultimately did, but you know the old expression - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?  As I see it, her initial bad decision is what then FORCED her into defending her kids with a firearm.

This could have gone bad sooo many ways! What if the other customer hadn't alerted her that someone was getting into her vehicle? This hardened criminal would have driven off with her kids! And a gun.

Or what if he had just punched her hard enough to knock her out when she reached for the glovebox? He would have driven away with all 3 of them. Again, with his new gun!

As it is, she blasted him with the gun inside of a car - she might even have given her kids some hearing damage. Again, she was protective and gutsy in the heat of the moment... I'm just saying it was ALL preventable if she had just locked the car, took the kids into the store with her, or hell, just put off that purchase until a later time. She's damn lucky it wasn't worse... and I'll bet you she NEVER leaves those kids alone in her car again! Bad things can happen far too fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

The more I think about this, I'm with @JT Custom Guns ... I think this is an example of what NOT to do... she left her precious kids in the car with the keys in the ignition... and a gun in the glovebox!  :facepalm: Now don't get me wrong, I totally admire her moxie for what she ultimately did, but you know the old expression - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?  As I see it, her initial bad decision is what then FORCED her into defending her kids with a firearm.

This could have gone bad sooo many ways! What if the other customer hadn't alerted her that someone was getting into her vehicle? This hardened criminal would have driven off with her kids! And a gun.

Or what if he had just punched her hard enough to knock her out when she reached for the glovebox? He would have driven away with all 3 of them. Again, with his new gun!

As it is, she blasted him with the gun inside of a car - she might even have given her kids some hearing damage. Again, she was protective and gutsy in the heat of the moment... I'm just saying it was ALL preventable if she had just locked the car, took the kids into the store with her, or hell, just put off that purchase until a later time. She's damn lucky it wasn't worse... and I'll bet you she NEVER leaves those kids alone in her car again! Bad things can happen far too fast.

shes-right-you-know.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I hear you,  but I cannot blame a victim for a mistake or seem like I'm siding with the criminal by saying she should have known better. We all make mistakes. Luckily nobody got hurt except for the criminal.

• Like 1

The more I think about this, I'm with [mention=5124]JT Custom Guns[/mention] ... I think this is an example of what NOT to do... she left her precious kids in the car with the keys in the ignition... and a gun in the glovebox!  :facepalm: Now don't get me wrong, I totally admire her moxie for what she ultimately did, but you know the old expression - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?  As I see it, her initial bad decision is what then FORCED her into defending her kids with a firearm.

I have to respectfully disagree with your post. The woman did nothing to force herself into defending her family. The criminal chose to attempt a carjacking. His actions resulted in her need to use a force for protection. The only one that is lucky is the criminal. He is damn lucky to be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

I have to respectfully disagree with your post. The woman did nothing to force herself into defending her family. The criminal chose to attempt a carjacking. His actions resulted in her need to use a force for protection. The only one that is lucky is the criminal. He is damn lucky to be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure my response was shaped by my personal background --- all three of my immediate family members worked with psychiatric patients (including some with criminal records). So, I was raised fully aware that most people are good, but every once in awhile, unbeknownst to you, there may be a complete wackadoodle in the area. So yeah, I tend to be "prevention-minded".

Here's another example, I don't think it's wrong (as many do these days) for colleges to advise female students to restrict their alcohol intake at a frat party, and to use the buddy system... personally, I don't think that's "blaming rape victims" or "being a rape apologist". I think it's advising women to be smart and vigilant. Life has risks - more so for women - and so women need to be extra-savvy to mitigate those risks.

So, perhaps that helps explain my comments. All that said, once the situation unfolded... she did what needed to be done... and he fully deserved to get shot!  And re-reading my post, I can see I didn't make it abundantly clear that I do put the "blame" squarely on the carjacker! He's the criminal, not her. So thanks for your comment.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this