dimitrge

Safe movers

I called a bunch of places when I got my monster of a safe and liberty was by far the cheapest. Not sure if they move other brand safes but it's worth calling them, they have a few stores in NJ just Google it.

42 minutes ago, dimitrge said:

It’s 567 lbs. getting it in house isn’t bad. Down the stairs a little tricky

Will your basement stairs handle that weight? If it's a standard,basic, wood basement stairway, take warning.

Also, do you want some unknown guys from an outside mover knowing what's being moved to the basement? Guys on a moving crew aren't usually high on the food chain. Might give them some ideas for a return visit after the safe is filled.

• Like 1

Maybe look into Piano movers.... similar skill set and tools required.

I used a piano mover and they had all kinds of gadgets to do the job with just two guys...

Most piano stores either have or can refer you to a piano moving crew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11 hours ago, dimitrge said:

I might attempt it with 3 more guys. If I tip it down I can slide It down

Going DOWN the stairs should be easy, you have gravity to help. Going UP later will be the project. Sliding it down on it's back shouldn't be an issue with three guys. Put a strap around it so the guy on the top can hang on, and two guys on the bottom should be a piece of cake sliding down on it's back, then have a dolly waiting on the bottom.

1 minute ago, Sniper22 said:

Put a strap around it so the guy on the top can hang on, and two guys on the bottom should be a piece of cake sliding down on it's back

Also, try to be the guy on top holding the strap, not the guy on the bottom with the safe sliding down on you.

Going DOWN the stairs should be easy, you have gravity to help. Going UP later will be the project. Sliding it down on it's back shouldn't be an issue with three guys. Put a strap around it so the guy on the top can hang on, and two guys on the bottom should be a piece of cake sliding down on it's back, then have a dolly waiting on the bottom.

The motorized stair dolly is good is the safe was wide enough to fit through door. So I’m probably going to get 3 guys to help and slide it down with strap on it

I have straps the movers left so I’ll put them to use

8 minutes ago, 10X said:

Also, try to be the guy on top holding the strap, not the guy on the bottom with the safe sliding down on you.

Ahh, geez, you take all the fun out of it. What's the matter, don't you like to live dangerously?

Liberty safe moved my 1000+LB safe with ease. They have the right straps, rollers, and sliders to do the job. Safe doesn’t have to be from them or even a liberty safe. My move had a bunch of turns, steps, and other obstacles. Would highly recommend them. 

• Like 1