Haddoncoach

Evan Nappen event at Bob’s Little Sport Shop 7/10/18

Yes it is him! He has a permit to carry though. Okay for him, just not us!:mad:
Now that is irony. Bob is having Nappen at his store to speak about NJ gun law. Kind of like the oxymoron liberal gun owner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't understand. Which one are you referring to?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I believe it was determined to be the father not the grandfather.

What's there to understand? He is another anti-FFL

Yup I was there ONCE because a coworker and I were passing by saw the shop and stopped in as we do whenever we see a gun store in our travels....30 seconds in the door while looking at the $650 gen 3 glocks heard a person behind the counter calling a customer a “gun nut and a cowboy” because he wanted the right to carry to come to jersey and that “no one needs to carry except military/le”.... to which I chimed in and asked which category was he as he had a poorly concealed pistol and it’s odd to work in a gun store with that attitude .....he said “I’m neither  I’m bob viden and I own this shop and you must be one of those nut jobs too”.... I basically laughed and said to the other customer “now that you know that he feels as though his and his families life is worth more than yours And he’s fine with taking your money yet doesn’t want you to have the same rights as he does I’d take my money elsewhere”

then bob goes on to brag about “being on the nra board of directors (this was probably 5 yrs ago) and a firm supporter of the second amendment..blahh blahh like all the other gun grabbing politicians...and that Sweeney was a good friend of his and a big 2a guy “ ....I laughed said “must be why nra abandoned nj .....there was more said but that’s the highlights .... I left and never/will never go back 

Yup I was there ONCE because a coworker and I were passing by saw the shop and stopped in as we do whenever we see a gun store in our travels....30 seconds in the door while looking at the $650 gen 3 glocks heard a person behind the counter calling a customer a “gun nut and a cowboy” because he wanted the right to carry to come to jersey and that “no one needs to carry except military/le”.... to which I chimed in and asked which category was he as he had a poorly concealed pistol and it’s odd to work in a gun store with that attitude .....he said “I’m neither  I’m bob viden and I own this shop and you must be one of those nut jobs too”.... I basically laughed and said to the other customer “now that you know that he feels as though his and his families life is worth more than yours And he’s fine with taking your money yet doesn’t want you to have the same rights as he does I’d take my money elsewhere”
then bob goes on to brag about “being on the nra board of directors (this was probably 5 yrs ago) and a firm supporter of the second amendment..blahh blahh like all the other gun grabbing politicians...and that Sweeney was a good friend of his and a big 2a guy “ ....I laughed said “must be why nra abandoned nj 
And that right there is why I would never frequent his shop.

27 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

then bob goes on to brag about “being on the nra board of directors (this was probably 5 yrs ago) and a firm supporter of the second amendment..blahh blahh like all the other gun grabbing politicians...and that Sweeney was a good friend of his and a big 2a guy “ ....I laughed said “must be why nra abandoned nj .....there was more said but that’s the highlights .... I left and never/will never go back 

what'd the guy saying that look like? i gotta call bs on that. i shoot there, and have bought a lot there. i've NEVER heard any talk like that there. ever.

also, as the owner of the shop, he can carry there without a permit.

what'd the guy saying that look like? i gotta call bs on that. i shoot there, and have bought a lot there. i've NEVER heard any talk like that there. ever.
also, as the owner of the shop, he can carry there without a permit.
He is quoted in the paper as being against CCW in NJ. I wouldn't spend a dime there.

I believe it was determined to be the father not the grandfather.

What's there to understand? He is another anti-FFL

Trying to understand if you're referring to Bob or Evan. I'm not trying to get a dick, just trying to understand fully.

Trying to understand if you're referring to Bob or Evan. I'm not trying to get a dick, just trying to understand fully.

Definitely Bob. I think he has a father named Bob also, but he may not even be alive anymore.

Just now, this_is_nascar said:

After reading the rest of the posts, it appears everyone is referring to Bob, the owner. That's pretty shocking to me, if I'm being honest.

ya gotta remember....people lied about getting thrown out of there when there was a petition being passed.

I have no idea if Bob is for or against carry.

I think the anti-Bob Viden sentiment started during the impeach Sweeney event.  Some organizers from the event stopped into the shop to ask the shop to pass out fliers or something like that.  The shop was not interested in helping organize and even expressed that they thought the idea wan't a good one.

To some, that made Bob the enemy of the second amendment.  I'm in the area.  I'm pretty in touch with lots of gun owners around, and this thread is the first I've heard that he's anti carry.  He may be, but it's not something I've heard others talk about.

Feel free to ask Bob the next time you are in his shop. He will tell you himself. Bob is friends with Sweeney. That is why he would not go against him! Bob is on the same level as Dicks Sporting Goods in my book. Neither will never get another cent of my money!

@Shawnmoore81 can you chime in here and verify what I am saying?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Feel free to ask Bob the next time you are in his shop. He will tell you himself. Bob is friends with Sweeney. That is why he would not go against him! Bob is on the same level as Dicks Sporting Goods in my book. Neither will never get another cent of my money!

@Shawnmoore81 can you chime in here and verify what I am saying?

If he's the same Bob Viden that spoke at a Trenton rally a few months back, he even mentioned concealed carry in his speech, saying something like "...not for everyone of course, just for police and former military" - no, I don't have his exact words, but that was the overall gist... and frankly, my jaw dropped. Yeah, he is def'ly not for "normal folks" carrying concealed. I thought his viewpoint was loud and clear... and I thought he should never speak at a "pro-2A" rally again.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, maintenanceguy said:

I think the anti-Bob Viden sentiment started during the impeach Sweeney event.  Some organizers from the event stopped into the shop to ask the shop to pass out fliers or something like that.  The shop was not interested in helping organize and even expressed that they thought the idea wan't a good one.

To some, that made Bob the enemy of the second amendment.  I'm in the area.  I'm pretty in touch with lots of gun owners around, and this thread is the first I've heard that he's anti carry.  He may be, but it's not something I've heard others talk about.

Now you know Ryan!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maintenanceguy said:

that is what i was referencing when i mentioned that there were lies told about them being kicked out....'cause they weren't.

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Bob, the owner has made it very clear and does not hide the fact that he is against concealed carry in NJ as we are too densely   populated and it would turn NJ into the wild West! He has a CCW for himself though!

neither he nor his employees expressed that view when i asked them. this was about 2 years ago though.

7 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

that is what i was referencing when i mentioned that there were lies told about them being kicked out....'cause they weren't.

neither he nor his employees expressed that view when i asked them. this was about 2 years ago though.

Mrs. Peel just told you what Bob Viden said in a speech in Trenton.  You mess with Peel, U gonna lose! Believe want you want. If you choose to believe that he is pro CCW just know they have pills that will cure your condition in no time!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Mrs. Peel just told you what Bob Viden said in a speech in Trenton.  You mess with Peel, U gonna lose! Believe want you want. If you choose to believe that he is pro CCW just know they have pills that will cure your condition in no time!

I was in Trenton that day, and can confirm what Mrs Peel reported.  

Bob was also quite rambling, and, sadly, a bit past his prime.  I would save him the embarassment of repeating his performance.

• Like 1

I’ve been saying it for years. Bob is not our friend. We are just income

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won’t because they like their job.

Ask them where they got their instructor certs at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

i believe what she said('cause i don't want my ass kicked by a leather clad woman...althoughhhhh.......) but i also believe what i was told.

either way. this thread got hijacked pretty quick. he's friggin sponsoring nappen coming to the area to inform us.

also......he and his employees helped my mother do a 180 on guns....she went from "only cops and military should have them" to......darn.....i was wrong. gun people are really nice. his people doing good for mom has won me.