Njpigeon13

Gender Reveal Shooting Target location?

Hey everyone,

The wife and I would like to shoot one of those powder filled targets (non-terranite) as a gender reveal. We would like to record the event. The issue is, we would need to do this outdoors (no indoor gun ranges). Anyone know of a park or location that we would be able to use to accomplish this? We would like to do it soon. We don’t want to break any laws. Just wondering if anyone has done this before in Jersey and how. Thank you. 

Example of the target:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/550527958/625-shooting-target-gender-reveal-balls?gpla=1&gao=1&utm_campaign=shopping_us_PoofThereItIsBalls_sfc_osa&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_custom1=0&utm_content=13094341&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyYHaBRDvARIsAHkAXcvvcIyDAKeh38JQRNB1Li4BuGnrLyv8zY91QDLBEQSHeIdQkeqEPiIaAngHEALw_wcB#

Thanks again

Congrats!

And, no pressure of course, try not to have the chalk cloud reveal the gender when the unscathed clay bird hits the ground. 

:-)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Njpigeon13 said:

The wife and I would like to shoot one of those powder filled targets (non-terranite) as a gender reveal.

Wow, have times changed...

In the old days, we just called our family on the phone to tell them what we were having...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Njpigeon13 I’ll bring the thrower and the shotgun if you’re without. I’m sure we could get @Scorpio64 to make some colored chaulk clays

I can do blue, and I can do orange, but I don't think I can do pink.  Besides, I think the OP wants a big BIG Yuge showy puff of powder, not my anemic sorta works flash clays.  I think chalk in balloons would work better.  The Clinton rifle range would be the place for that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I can do blue, and I can do orange, but I don't think I can do pink.  Besides, I think the OP wants a big BIG Yuge showy puff of powder, not my anemic sorta works flash clays.  I think chalk in balloons would work better.  The Clinton rifle range would be the place for that.

Hmmn or a bunch of balloons , held under a tarp, released and blasted with shotguns..

12 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Hmmn or a bunch of balloons , held under a tarp, released and blasted with shotguns..

I dunno if chalk can provide the flashy display OP is looking for.  Chalk is also kinda heavy too, so here's what I'm thinking.  A) You don't want the op looking like a fool so the gag has to be fool proof. B) whatever gag is contrived, it has to go off without a hitch.C) A big display using chalk is only possible with explosives.

Option 1) If the OP wants to use balloons, then fill the balloons with glitter, lots of glitter.  Glitter is very light.  Oh, and also put helium in the balloons.  Just to make sure they all go pop, have three shooters. Remote release would be prudent.

Option 2) I saw this and it was kinda cute but maybe not cute if the OP or wife are rabid anti hunting.  Fill balloon with appropriate colored paint and pin to a board.  write the words doe or buck on the board.  Shoot balloon.  I saw this one on pintrest so I can't claim it as my idea.

Option 3) Just tell the freaking people and have a nice pink or blue cake.  wtf is a gender reveal anyway?  When My child was born, I saw a tallywhacker..THAT'S a gender reveal.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Option 3) Just tell the freaking people and have a nice pink or blue cake.  wtf is a gender reveal anyway?

How much you wanna bet that in a few years the gender reveal party won’t be until the child decides what gender they feel like they should be. It’ll be more like a gender choice announcement party. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

I dunno if chalk can provide the flashy display OP is looking for.  Chalk is also kinda heavy too, so here's what I'm thinking.  A) You don't want the op looking like a fool so the gag has to be fool proof. B) whatever gag is contrived, it has to go off without a hitch.C) A big display using chalk is only possible with explosives.

Option 1) If the OP wants to use balloons, then fill the balloons with glitter, lots of glitter.  Glitter is very light.  Oh, and also put helium in the balloons.  Just to make sure they all go pop, have three shooters. Remote release would be prudent.

Option 2) I saw this and it was kinda cute but maybe not cute if the OP or wife are rabid anti hunting.  Fill balloon with appropriate colored paint and pin to a board.  write the words doe or buck on the board.  Shoot balloon.  I saw this one on pintrest so I can't claim it as my idea.

Option 3) Just tell the freaking people and have a nice pink or blue cake.  wtf is a gender reveal anyway?  When My child was born, I saw a tallywhacker..THAT'S a gender reveal.

Option 3 

39 minutes ago, BobA said:

How much you wanna bet that in a few years the gender reveal party won’t be until the child decides what gender they feel like they should be. It’ll be more like a gender choice announcement party. 

:facepalm: cmon guy

Hey everyone,

Just want to say thank you very much for reaching out and giving me options and knowledge on the topic. We really appreciated it. I’ve found secret option 4... contacted my cousins husband. They live out in PA and have a farm with a lot of land. He said no problems shooting there. So we’re going the tannerite way. Nice explosion with powder. 

Thanks again to all!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Njpigeon13 said:

Hey everyone,

Just want to say thank you very much for reaching out and giving me options and knowledge on the topic. We really appreciated it. I’ve found secret option 4... contacted my cousins husband. They live out in PA and have a farm with a lot of land. He said no problems shooting there. So we’re going the tannerite way. Nice explosion with powder. 

Thanks again to all!

We want video, or pictures at the very least!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Njpigeon13 said:

Hahaha you got it... sometime in August 

Congrats. My wife is due in September and we did a cake with colored filling. I would have much rather went the tannerite route. Can't wait to see the video. Make sure you stay back waaaaaay back. 

• Like 1