TokenEntry

How many guns in your CCW rotation do you have?

My SC CWP arrived in the mail yesterday. :D  My rotation consists of:

• S&W M&P 9 for when the weather allows me to dress such that I can conceal it
  • Glock 26 for warmer weather
  • Taurus 605 for light weight carry and as a glove box firearm, SC law allows anyone (don't even need a CWP) to keep a loaded handgun secured in your vehicle.

I have an Alien Gear IWB Cloak Tuck 3.0 at 4 o'clock for the M&P and G26 (shells for both) that so far is working out well, plus a CrossBreed ankle holster for the Taurus.

Of course this is all subject to change over the coming weeks/months as I gain more experience to see what works/what doesn't and I develop preferences.

• Like 1

Basically just carrying my M&P Shield 2.0 in 9mm. I might try to carry my P320 compact in the cooler weather, but those constant M&P 2.0 Compact deals on Brownells are mighty tempting... Glock 19 size but with a similar grip angle to every other gun I own! :p

• Like 1

I added a P365 on Black Friday weekend. Local shop here in Greenville was blowing out the P365 TacPacs (3x 12 round mags plus a holster) for $479. I was thinking about getting a second Shield 2.0 as a backup with the massive sales and rebates, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to carry 12+1 in the same form factor as my 7+1 Shield.  :D  

The holster it comes with isn't much to speak of, and I already ordered a Clock Tuck 3.5, but isn't a bad backup holster. It also fits very nicely into a small pistol rug, so it works well for those times when I can't carry, but still want something in the glove box (AKA every day since work doesn't allow CCW).

Once the Cloak Tuck comes in, I figure the P365 will be my main carry with the Shield as my number 2. With the P365, I will likely retire my P320 compact from the rotation. If anything, I can add a 15 rounder to my P365 and be about the same height as the P320, but still thinner.

• Like 1

I have 3 in my primary rotation.  My go-to is a Kimber micro-9 and a Springfield XD-9 in OWB paddle holster, then a Ruger LCP .380 pocket carry.  When clothing permits I have a Sig RCS 1911 .45 acp commander in a shoulder rig.

22 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Where are you guys carrying? Curious about the laws regarding this. 

wherever the law permits... or CCW permit reciprocity...or maybe people just taking chances. not condoned, but it happens. 

I carry every day, everywhere I go.  My primary carry gun is the Sig P365. Where wearing long pants I carry AIWB and when wearing shorts I carry in pocket. It has replaced all of my Glocks for carry. The gun hides anywhere. 

I have a big piece of property and carry a 3" S&W 629 or Glock 20 in a chest rig I bought in Alaska when in the woods.  I am buying a 6.5" S&W 610 this week that may be carried in a shoulder rig.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

I carry every day, everywhere I go.  My primary carry gun is the Sig P365. Where wearing long pants I carry AIWB and when wearing shorts I carry in pocket. It has replaced all of my Glocks for carry. The gun hides anywhere. 

I have a big piece of property and carry a 3" S&W 629 or Glock 20 in a chest rig I bought in Alaska when in the woods.  I am buying a 6.5" S&W 610 this week that may be carried in a shoulder rig.

Which pocket holster do you like for the 365? I usually carry 5 o'clock IWB, but I thought that pocket might be nice on occasion. Easier with a t-shirt.

42 minutes ago, Persona non grata said:

Which pocket holster do you like for the 365? I usually carry 5 o'clock IWB, but I thought that pocket might be nice on occasion. Easier with a t-shirt.

I’ll bet @JC_68Westy says the sticky holster. It’s actually quite impressive. Even in IWB

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

I’ll bet @JC_68Westy says the sticky holster. It’s actually quite impressive. Even in IWB

Nope, I use the  Sig/BlackPoint IWB holster with the claw on the side. I would never use a soft holster for AIWB.

8 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

Nope, I use the  Sig/BlackPoint IWB holster with the claw on the side. I would never use a soft holster for AIWB.

Have you tried the sticky? @Rob0115 back me up! 

but to your point iwb sticky is not da best. But summabitch these things work

I’m technically down to two.  I will occasionally carry my compact kimber around the yard because it’s a stylish gold compact 1911.  When outside I carry a G43x in the warm weather if I’m in shorts and a t-shirt.  If it’s cool or I have on pants and a button down I’ll carry a Glock 19.