Sign in to follow this  
Handyman

Oldie but a Goodie

Somewhere near Atlanta a couple years ago, three thugs with handguns are repelled - one killed - when a petite Asian lady unleashes a firestorm. 

This might have ended very differently if she did not have a weapon for home defense. Politicians also make a big deal about limiting capacity - how might that work in the face of three armed intruders?

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember this case. And what struck me recently was reading through the ANJRPC injunction legal brief where they spoke specifically to the issue of people defending themselves against multiple assailants. Quote: 

These are not speculative scenarios. “The 2008 National Crime Victimization Survey of the U. S. Bureau of Justice Statistics found that 797,139 violent crime incidents occurred in the U. S. in which the victims faced multiple offenders, and in 247,388 of these violent crimes the victim faced four or more offenders.” 

I'd say those are some damn sobering numbers. Apparently, what this poor woman went through isn't exactly as "rare" as some of us might like to believe!

18 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, I remember this case. And what struck me recently was reading through the ANJRPC injunction legal brief where they spoke specifically to the issue of people defending themselves against multiple assailants. Quote: 

These are not speculative scenarios. “The 2008 National Crime Victimization Survey of the U. S. Bureau of Justice Statistics found that 797,139 violent crime incidents occurred in the U. S. in which the victims faced multiple offenders, and in 247,388 of these violent crimes the victim faced four or more offenders.” 

I'd say those are some damn sobering numbers. Apparently, what this poor woman went through isn't exactly as "rare" as some of us might like to believe!

When the murder of the guy carjacked at the Mall at Short Hills went down a number of years ago now, FOUR PERPS were found guilty for the crime where Dustin was shot in the head.  So yiup, multiple assailants is NOT fake news!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this