Bri894

Academy Sports fires employee

I stopped using Dicks years ago and have alway had a good experience ordering ammo, camping equipment etc form Academy. This story I saw will make me stop buying from them until this guy gets his job back.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/academy-sports-employee-fired-for-tackling-would-be-gun-thief

Tackling some jerk over a purse I understand the policy, but a firearm, magazines, and ammunition? He did the right thing. This policy seems to say, "hey gangsters,and active killers, have at. We won't stop you!"

I stopped using Dicks years ago and have alway had a good experience ordering ammo, camping equipment etc form Academy. This story I saw will make me stop buying from them until this guy gets his job back.
https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/academy-sports-employee-fired-for-tackling-would-be-gun-thief

This guy will probably be hired by a competitor or pro 2A company as a PR move before Academy makes things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just sent:

Dear Mr. Symancyk, I'm writing to inform you of my disappointment in reading of Academy's recent decision to dismiss Mr. Crouch after his heroic deed. Mr. Crouch saved lives. I find it shocking Academy can't find it in themselves to fund an exclusion in their policy of not touching the patrons in this case. I also don't see how Mr. White fits anyone's description of a patron as he was an alleged shoplifter. 

Add to the above my concerns should I need to be pulled from your building during a fire or need CPR that you would prefer I burn or choke before allowing an employee to touch me makes me feel too unsafe to patronize your establishments. 

Please reconsider Mr. Crouch's dismissal

• Like 2

Ordered from them once. Realized 3 weeks went by without my in stock order ever shipping. Was told that the price went up and I would have to pay new price for it to ship.

Cancelled the order and told them I would never shop there again.

This cements that decision.

• Like 1

Based on Academy's store policy of no physical contact with their customers. If Dean Crouch had shot Jason White he would still technically be employed there. Academy should have stressed this more in their management training program.

Regards,

TokenEntry

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

The perp stated he wanted to kill someone, stole firearms.... and is released on a $5000 bond?

But its us and our nasty guns that's the problem....

Image result for facepalm

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.