njJoniGuy

Mag Ban Injunction Hearing 7/12/18

Oh its getting good.  Even the liberal loons  in the 9th Circus found a nut.

The court found that the district court did not abuse its discretion in granting the injunction or by concluding that magazines fall within the scope of the Second Amendment. 

"The district court concluded that a ban on ammunition magazines is not a presumptively lawful regulation and that the prohibition did not have a 'historical pedigree.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/20/liberal-9th-circuit-surprises-with-pro-2nd-amendment-decision-blocking-california-ammo-ban.html

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Oh its getting good.  Even the liberal loons  in the 9th Circus found a nut.

The court found that the district court did not abuse its discretion in granting the injunction or by concluding that magazines fall within the scope of the Second Amendment. 

"The district court concluded that a ban on ammunition magazines is not a presumptively lawful regulation and that the prohibition did not have a 'historical pedigree.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/20/liberal-9th-circuit-surprises-with-pro-2nd-amendment-decision-blocking-california-ammo-ban.html

Do you surmise that district courts are going to “ shape up” because of changing makeup of scotus? Cuz I do.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 11:46 PM, Schrödinger's cat said:

I actually just tried to make a donation using the link JohnnyB provided with paypal to be used as the payment, but when their website redirects to paypal I get a server error. Does anybody on here work for ANJRPC ?

Were you successful yet getting that donation into ANJRPC?  Reason I ask is that we had a special matching funds program set-up at CNJFO to double folks' contributions.  THAT program is turned-off but the pathway to donate is still open I believe?  Either way, we'll see that ANJRPC receives your donation.  We'll be sure to pass your donation along, we just CAN'T MATCH IT right now.  Here's the address:  http://www.cnjfo.com/page-18138   Be sure TO USE THE ANJRPC DROP-DOWN in the appropriate box.  Again, if you haven't gotten an answer to your processing dilemma, at least you have a pathway.  :) 

Rosey

7 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

Several times throughout this thread (and from time to time, other threads on this forum) I see the term Fudd and I don't know what that means.  Please enlighten me.

hunters. they don't give a dam about this stuff, 'cause it doesn't(in their minds) affect them. 

23 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

Several times throughout this thread (and from time to time, other threads on this forum) I see the term Fudd and I don't know what that means.  Please enlighten me.

1 minute ago, NJLEFTY said:

Sorry off topic but why was the thread on the cali mag ban ruling shut down? This is huge for us dont understand

I think it was merged with another thread on the same topic.

20 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

hunters. they don't give a dam about this stuff, 'cause it doesn't(in their minds) affect them. 

Thanks for the explanation.  

Did Hell freeze over  Eek

Second Amendment activists were given a surprise boost this week when the liberal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals backed a lower court’s decision to suspend California’s ban on the possession of large magazines.
Activists, supported by the National Rifle Association, have argued that the state's ban on ownership of magazines holding 10 bullets or more is unconstitutional. They won a preliminary injunction by a San Diego district court last year, and a three-judge panel on the Ninth Circuit backed that injunction Tuesday.
The court found that the district court did not abuse its discretion in granting the injunction or by concluding that magazines fall within the scope of the Second Amendment. 

"The district court did not abuse its discretion by applying the incorrect level of scrutiny," the judges also found. "The district court concluded that a ban on ammunition magazines is not a presumptively lawful regulation and that the prohibition did not have a 'historical pedigree.'"

“This is a significant win for law-abiding gun owners in California,” Chris Cox, executive director of the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action, said in a statement. “This unconstitutional law criminalizes mere possession of many standard capacity magazines and would instantly turn many law-abiding gun owners into criminals.”

Dissenting from the ruling, Judge John Clifford Wallace said that evidence provided by the state, including studies and surveys showing the use of large-capacity magazines increase the lethality of gun violence, “was more than sufficient to satisfy intermediate scrutiny.”

National Review’s David French, who opposes the ban, noted that the Ninth Circuit ruling was limited but also linked constitutional protection of firearms to potential militia use -- a development he described as “encouraging.”

The NRA noted that a ruling in the lower courts is expected soon, and that the case therefore will likely be before the 9th Circuit again. 
But President Trump has nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh, who has a strong record of defending gun rights, to the Supreme Court. The NRA reflected that in its statement, expressing hope that if the the case is appealed, “the Supreme Court will likely have a new justice who respects the right to keep and bear arms as protected by the Second Amendment.”
The California Department of Justice told The San Diego Union-Tribune that it will “continue to vigorously defend the challenged law.”

Based in San Francisco, the Ninth Circuit has a reputation for being one of the nation's most liberal courts. Critics have branded the court the “Nutty 9th” or the “9th Circus,” in part because many of its rulings have been overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court. This includes an infamous 2002 ruling that the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional because of its use of the phrase “under God.” 

Republicans have been working to fill vacancies with conservatives, but suffered a setback this week when the White House withdrew the nomination of Ryan Bounds for the Ninth Circuit after realizing it did not have the necessary support in the Senate. He faced criticism over past college writings. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...fornia-ammo-ban.html

I would say the jerk-offs in Trenton will see this, cry oh crap and have to rescind their's law....

piss on 'em.png

• Like 1

AND nj will make a law protecting them, just like those $%^ canada geese.

There is an extremely liberal NJ hunting season for resident Canada geese during the month of September. No plug in the gun, load 7 shells, half hour before and after sunrise/sunset, and very high bag limits. Canada geese are migrant water foul, and are federally protected/regulated for hunting. NJ hates them. Any chance they can get away with it, they want us to kill as many as possible. 

Also there is no season for Ferrell hogs in NJ. You can kill them on sight, all year. That's in the hunting/Fishing digest. The game council makes the game laws, not the state of NJ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Not all hunters are fudds; true. But "all fudds are hunters" I think is incorrect. (I suspect that the 30K that purchased a regular firearm hunting license in 2017 may not all be fudds.) The problem in this state is that their numbers diminish each year. 

Conversely, I know a lot of trap and skeet shooters who are fudds. I know a few chiefs of police who are fudds. I could go on but fudds encompass every walk of life in New Jersey. (Their ire was present in the range proposal in Ramsey some time ago, and I'll bet not one antagonist was a hunter.) 

The NJOA is the ONLY group who has the undivided attention of all hunters & anglers in this state and they failed to denounce any 'gun control' stances in the past. In their 11 year history they were smart to distance themselves from "gun advocates" to focus on conservation, hunting & angling issues in this state to help their agenda in Trenton. 

Someone needs to tap into their secrets AND their connections.  

There's an awful lot of clubs and organizations that are associated with the ANJRPC in this state: 

10X Pistol Club  Mountain Competition Pistol Club
 Armament Gunsmithing Co. Inc.  NJ Firearms Academy
 Bayshore Sportsman’s Club Inc.  NY Schuetzen Corps Inc.
 Bayview Rod & Gun Club  Ocean County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs
 Bergen Bowmen Inc  Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club
 Bergen County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs Inc.  Pascack Valley Sportsmen’s Club
 Big Oak Tree Rod & Gun Club Inc.  Passaic Gun Club
 Big Pine Tree Rod & Gun Club Inc.  PBR Firearms Training Inc.
   Pearl River Gun Club
 Bob’s Little Sport Shop Inc.  Phillipsburg Pistol Club
 Bridge & Tunnel Police Combat Shooters Ltd  Police Assoc. of South Jersey
Bucks Rest Gun Club, Inc.  
 Bullet Hole Inc.  Quinton Sportsmen’s Club Inc.
 Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club  Ridgewood Rifle Club
 Citizens Range & Recreation Club of Central NJ  Inc.

Roxbury Rifle & Pistol Club Inc.

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners  
 Croton Rod & Gun Club  Riverdale Police Pistol Team
 Cumberland Riflemen  RTSP LLC
 Delran Junior Marksmen Club Inc  Sarco Inc.
  Salem County Sportsman's Club 
  SAW Shooting Club 
 EMD Printing and Promotions  Saxton Falls Rod & Gun Club Inc.
 Fair Lawn Pistol & Rifle Club Inc.  Secaucus Pistol Club
 Florham Pistol & Rifle Club  Shongum Sportsmen’s Assoc.
 Franklin Revolver & Rifle Assoc. Inc.  Shore Shot Pistol Range
 Freehold Fin Fur & Feather Sports Club Inc.  Shot & Feathers Hunting Club
  Somerset County Fish & Game 
  South Jersey Arms Collectors Club 
 Garden State Black Powder Assoc.  South Jersey Shooting Club
 Golani R & P Club  South Park Hunting Club Inc.
 Gun For  Hire LLC  South River Pistol Club
 Heritage Guild  Square Circle Sportsmen of Camden County Inc.
 Hutton Hill Rifle & Revolver Club Inc.  Stir and Shoot LLC
 Iron Horse Rifle & Pistol Club  Stonewall Gun Club
 Jersey Shore Antique Arms Collector Club  Suburban Pistol League
   Tactical Training Center
 Jersey Three Square Deer Club  Telco Sportsmen’s Club Inc.
 Joseph A. Citta Scout Reservation  Tenafly Rifle & Pistol Club Inc.
 Lincoln Park Archers  The Third NJ Regiment, the Jersey Blues
Lock and Load Academy  
 Mallard Trap Club  Tri Caliber R & P Club of NJ
 Marine Corps League – Dept of NJ  Union County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs Inc.

United Sportsmen's Association of North America

Marine Corps League West Hudson Dept #209  Waldwick Pistol & Rifle Club Inc.
 Mauricetown Gun Club  Well-Armed Woman
 Meadowbrook Rifle & Pistol Club  Woodstock Gun Club Inc.

1 hour ago, DeerSlayer said:

There is an extremely liberal NJ hunting season for resident Canada geese during the month of September. No plug in the gun, load 7 shells, half hour before and after sunrise/sunset, and very high bag limits. Canada geese are migrant water foul, and are federally protected/regulated for hunting. NJ hates them. Any chance they can get away with it, they want us to kill as many as possible. 

Also there is no season for Ferrell hogs in NJ. You can kill them on sight, all year. That's in the hunting/Fishing digest. The game council makes the game laws, not the state of NJ...

THEN they'd leave the "season" for them at more than just 1 lousy month. they're invasive, they're hazardous, and they're overall dangerous due to their numbers.

THEN they'd leave the "season" for them at more than just 1 lousy month. they're invasive, they're hazardous, and they're overall dangerous due to their numbers.
The resident geese are gone by the end of September. So one more month isn't going to make a difference here. Plus like I said, they don't decide the season, the feds do. Migratory water foul, belong to the federal government, not the state.

• Like 1

Deer are equally invasive, and NJ has one of the longest seasons in the nation: 6 months for combined firearm, bow, ML and all those permit seasons in a multitude of zones.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeerSlayer said:

The resident geese are gone by the end of September. So one more month isn't going to make a difference here. Plus like I said, they don't decide the season, the feds do. Migratory water foul, belong to the federal government, not the state.

i did not know that.

those things are never gone from my area. they're so bad around my home, i gotta dodge the goose poop when i walk my dog. it makes me wonder why we hafta pick up after our dogs, with all the goose crap on the ground.

side note. i do have a friggin blast chasing them with my traxxs emaxx. :) and soonz i've finished off-leash training with my gsd.....she'll be set free sometimes to "remind" them that they're not welcome. :D

• Like 1