njJoniGuy

Mag Ban Injunction Hearing 7/12/18

Just now, Zeke said:

See how they jump on the law suits... like those new weird swarming ticks that take out lamas or alpaca ‘s or sumtin. For shame

As AG for the kingom of Voyaville I hereby demand you cease any and all communication with this focus and decist whatever it was you were doin to that llama. 

Back on topic. Anyone remember when in August the meeting with the judge is scheduled for?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

As AG for the kingom of Voyaville I hereby demand you cease any and all communication with this focus and decist whatever it was you were doin to that llama. 

Back on topic. Anyone remember when in August the meeting with the judge is scheduled for?

Mid August.

8 hours ago, capt14k said:

Probably but us banning them makes us just as bad. We can't pick and choose which Amendments we like. Cant support 2A without supporting 1A.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

oh I wasn't saying I think we should ban them here. just saying that they won't listen to you/us on their own forum. they just wanna talk into an echo chamber. 

oh I wasn't saying I think we should ban them here. just saying that they won't listen to you/us on their own forum. they just wanna talk into an echo chamber. 

No you didn't but others have called for their bans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 things 

1) Judge Sheridan is a republican (served as director of state republican committee) and was appointed to the bench by George Bush. While I realize that republican nominated judges are not always reliable, I’d rather take my chances on a Republican.

2) This is a high profile case.  The losing side will appeal to the 3rd Circuit Court. A 3 judge panel will scrutinize his decision. This may end up before SCOTUS. There is simply NO WAY he decides this without full briefings and hearings. A case like this may be his legacy. He doesn’t want this case sent back to him be an appeals court because he didn’t hold hearings or adequately justify his decision. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phiremin said:

2 things 

1) Judge Sheridan is a republican (served as director of state republican committee) and was appointed to the bench by George Bush. While I realize that republican nominated judges are not always reliable, I’d rather take my chances on a Republican.

2) This is a high profile case.  The losing side will appeal to the 3rd Circuit Court. A 3 judge panel will scrutinize his decision. This may end up before SCOTUS. There is simply NO WAY he decides this without full briefings and hearings. A case like this may be his legacy. He doesn’t want this case sent back to him be an appeals court because he didn’t hold hearings or adequately justify his decision. 

A hope we could have is contradictory circuit courts. The SCOTUS doesn’t like that and we have a better shot then. But timing is important because of the nomination approval process. Tell tail could be Trump’s reaction to the plastic gun nonsense. 

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, voyager9 said:

I’m filing a cease & desist against this forum for allowing me to download these offensive comments.  

The NJ Judge will see Gun (Forum) in the subject of your request and grant it without reading another word!

• Like 1

If you really want to read something.. interesting.. Read this declaration from the mag ban lawsuit.

http://www.thekaplanblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/18cv10507_53.pdf

Or if you want to see a list of all the filings in the case:

http://www.thekaplanblog.com/cases-of-interest/nj-magazine-ban-lawsuit/

20 minutes ago, b47356 said:

Read this declaration from the mag ban lawsuit.

Interesting, what exactly is his point with this statement:

10. I believe it would not be feasible and cost prohibitive to attempt to have all
interested New Jersey citizens trained on LCMs in a matter consistent with
law enforcement officers.

"LCM" meaning Large Capacity Mags, I'm assuming?

Was there some sort of training component in the law or in the followup complaint by ANJRCP?

Also, it appears that they had some sort of conference call on the 7th. Anyone hear what the outcome was?

34 minutes ago, b47356 said:

If you really want to read something.. interesting.. Read this declaration from the mag ban lawsuit.

Or if you want to see a list of all the filings in the case:

http://www.thekaplanblog.com/cases-of-interest/nj-magazine-ban-lawsuit/

Based on my experience observing and training new recruits in the police academy, specifically, individuals with little to no experience with semi- automatic firearms, it can take anywhere from 8 to 10 seconds for an inexperienced shooter to change a magazine.[/quote]

ok. And?  Does 8-10 seconds give a potential victim time to escape even once you back off 2-5 seconds for them to even recognize a reload is taking place?

10. I believe it would not be feasible and cost prohibitive to attempt to have all interested New Jersey citizens trained on LCMs in a matter consistent with law enforcement officers. 

Wtf does this even mean?

17 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

"LCM" meaning Large Capacity Mags, I'm assuming?

Was there some sort of training component in the law or in the followup complaint by ANJRCP?

I had the same question. Mechanically, the process is the same whether it is a 10 or 30 round mag. What other “training” is he referring to?  That ignores that many, especially here, have more training and experience than the average LE.  It also ignores the fact that there is nothing consistent about the law when it comes to citizens and LE given the exceptions it has. 

If I had to guess the Defense has a call with the judge where Mr Stanton highlighted his extensive training experience and extolled the dangers of LCM in the hands of untrained shooters. Of course, LCM in the context of this specific case is 15-rounds. Something I’m sure Mr Stanton has little experience with when training LE coastguard and the military. 

• Like 1

So the defense got some operator guy, to counter argue that inexperienced NJ citizens need extensive training in 15rd mags.

Am I reading this correctly?

That doesn't even make any sense. That to me clearly says if you are inexperienced, you're going to need 8-10 seconds to reload. And that because it takes 8-10 seconds to reload, we would some how need extensive training in large capacity magazines?

uhm, I'm not a rocket scientist, but that's almost proves that you NEED high capacity magazines for self defense because a reload could take a very long time in a life threatening situation.

Also, if what I am understanding is correct, why do civilians in 42/43 states that have standard mag (no) capacity require no extensive training.

Someone want to clarify this please? Maybe my comprehension is at a 5th grade level.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Chris1 said:

So the defense got some operator guy, to counter argue that inexperienced NJ citizens need extensive training in 15rd mags.

Am I reading this correctly?

Obviously without extensive training putting a 15-round mag into a fully-semiauto firearm causes the user to spray bullets in random directions hap-hazardous.  Equally obvious, only using 10-round mags completely cures this affliction. 

• Like 6

Gee! Not full semi auto spray with reduced large capacity 15rd banana clips.

oh heavens.

Maybe NJ will force it's citizens to under go SF Operator Reload Training for 15rd'ers some of us might legally own and time and tax us for training so those who can reload in under 8 seconds can keep em! 

I wonder how much cash was thrown at Mr. Operator for his statement. If he truly believes this, he is an embarrassment to that community. 

Their argument is null and void even with Operators statement. It's interesting to me how they even pulled this from left field from a defense stand point. It runs counter to the obvious need for standard capacity magazines because reloads take so long. /facepalm 

I am writing this with absolute caution and care, so please don't think I am oblivious to the genuine and at times ultimate sacrifices that a [fortunately] fair few make in the line of duty, or the general toll that a life of military or law enforcement service takes on a person and their [presumed] family. But I must say:

The incessant hero worship by the liberal political class (and the nominal "conservatives" too, though they never managed to conserve a thing) and that obligatory saccharine and hackneyed "Fank you fer yer cervix" nonsense must perish. It isn't sincere, it isn't warranted in most cases, and it is a pernicious lie. The thin blue line especially [and sadly] not even just because their state funded pensions depend on it, truly have believed the lie that was whispered to them and all too often [not all, of course, I've met a fair few excellent and grounded  police officers] think themselves to be a class unto their own, better and more virtuous than the mere ungrateful civilian sheep that they think they are God-appointed to guard over, whether the ungrateful sheep like it or not. In other words: "F**k your rights, sheep, we are here to help you, how dare you not be more grateful to us?"

So in that line, the testimony of a super duper mEgA l33t "Operator" means nothing when you are in favor of trodding on us, your family, friends, and neighbors, or maybe even the @$$holes you just caught driving 50 in a 25. You are not inherently special. You are not better. You are too, ultimately, one of us 

Before any LEOs, current or retired, or service members for that matter, incinerate me and flood me with "downboats" (as the kids say) and clamor for my immediate and permanent ban, don't misunderstand me. I don't dislike you in general, or on a personal basis, but the answer to the BLM and Antifa "f**k da police" line isn't the thin blue wall of silence and turning the blind eye to the obviously inept and megalomaniacal amongst you [and you know that they're there]. Indeed, that's who you should seek to be ridden of, for they besmirch all the good that you do! But remember this: You swore an oath, each and every one of you, and you are civilians too, granted [temporarily] certain powers necessary to protect the sheeple. Please don't tread on us or expect undue gratitude, but if you realize that your job at its best is a vocation (that's a calling, in the fullest meaning of the word) and that most do not have it, and those who do not need to be mindful of that singular fact, then we will get along handsomely and we, the sheep, will have your backs when the wolves turn on you. 

If my inane rambling makes no sense to you, dear brothers in blue [don't care if some of you are sisters, you're part of a brotherhood if you recognize it] and all who serve(d) in the five services of the armed forces, when you reflect on the worst day of your jobs, ponder this thought of selfless obligation:

' "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" ' 

You go for us. Us, the sheep.

• Like 5

I’m guessing the state was challenged on how they can argue 15 round magazines are “dangerous and unusual” and at the same time law enforcement needs to be exempt. 

I’m guessing they are arguing 15 round magazines are only “dangerous and unusual” in “untrained hands” (us regular citizens can’t be trusted not to just start spraying bullets). And, it would be impractical to train us. 

7 minutes ago, Phiremin said:

I’m guessing the state was challenged on how they can argue 15 round magazines are “dangerous and unusual” and at the same time law enforcement needs to be exempt. 

I’m guessing they are arguing 15 round magazines are only “dangerous and unusual” in “untrained hands” (us regular citizens can’t be trusted not to just start spraying bullets). And, it would be impractical to train us. 

Yeah, that seems logical. I guess the only good thing about this.. is that the argument is so very thin... so ridiculous really, that "our side" should have little trouble shooting holes in it (pun intended). 

I didn't click the link and read all that stuff but it sounds like you guys are saying so I'm operator thinks he's better than us? Does anybody have this guy's email or phone number would like to challenge him to a 3 gun match. I have no training at all, ZERO, and I guarantee I will stomp him by at least 70 seconds. 

• Like 3