njJoniGuy

Mag Ban Injunction Hearing 7/12/18

Just remember that the Republican party controlled the federal government in all three branches for two years and holds a 5-4 majority on the supreme Court and no pro-gun legislative or legal action has been taken to aid 2A in any of the states where it is under siege. Not one victory. 

Remember that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mossburger said:

Just remember that the Republican party controlled the federal government in all three branches for two years and holds a 5-4 majority on the supreme Court and no pro-gun legislative or legal action has been taken to aid 2A in any of the states where it is under siege. Not one victory. 

Just the uniforms have changed....

Two sides same bird.jpg

• Like 2

Yep.

Remember how many states passed various abortion limiting laws between 08-2016? Various laws in various states requiring ultrasound, heartbeat recordings, etc. Remember several states passed laws limiting welfare or requiring drug testing? Judges refused to marry gays.

And the Democrat controlled house/Senate/pres would swoop in and shut them down with emergency injuctions in only WEEKS. 

Yet here we are, millions of us drowning without a lifeline on the coasts. Worried about laws that make us felons overnight with no hope in sight.

Hoping for some details from the ANJRPC and/or counsel but according to the U.S. District Court docket, the ANJRPC's and the State's closing briefs with proposed findings for the judge to make have been submitted.  Final arguments were made last week.  It would appear that the case has now been submitted to the judge for his decision which could come at any point.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mossburger said:

Remember that.

you mean like national recip. which i feel they could force through right now if they really wanted to?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

you mean like national recip. which i feel they could force through right now if they really wanted to?

Perfect example.

Has Trump signed that into law yet?

Oh, wait, the Repub controlled Senate has refused to take a vote on it....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Downtownv said:

All this and the fight to keep killing babies are noble causes. After all it's "Birth Control" in the inner cities.... for the Chirrens, of course!

Wouldn't it be much more economical and effective to just put some form of birth control in the water supply? Isn't that the plan for da Bears?

16 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Perfect example.

Has Trump signed that into law yet?

Oh, wait, the Repub controlled Senate has refused to take a vote on it....

I'm sure they would if they weren't worried about losing their seat to democrats. 

Its the worst topic in the country when it comes to elections. Democrats will run ads 24/7 about how you're a baby killer.

Their already worried without thst kind of record working against them. You have to remember, they don't gain supporters with that kind of legislation..  and those voting records may only help you in a primary.

48 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Wouldn't it be much more economical and effective to just put some form of birth control in the water supply? Isn't that the plan for da Bears?

They tried that in Flint but got caught and the plan backfired.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:56 AM, ChrisJM981 said:

They ought to keep it simple, issue condoms to the bear populace and give them pamphlets explaining their use. For the ones that don't read, put in pictures, maybe we can get IKEA to put together the directions.

You sure as hell don't want the fish to stop propagating their species with waterborne birth control, wouldja?

Summer is over,  Now what are we waiting for,      they are running out the clock for one of their perverted reasons.  

What will be the excuse this time,  waiting for Kavanaugh?    waiting for 9th circuit enbanc?   

I have to get a return on all my donations to the pro 2A orgs sometime soon.

Any ANJRPC on here that can share their latest communications with the court as to why we are waiting,  

Summer is over,  Now what are we waiting for,      they are running out the clock for one of their perverted reasons.  
What will be the excuse this time,  waiting for Kavanaugh?    waiting for 9th circuit enbanc?   
I have to get a return on all my donations to the pro 2A orgs sometime soon.

Any ANJRPC on here that can share their latest communications with the court as to why we are waiting,  
I think it is on the judge. As long as his ruling is issued prior to full execution date of law it's no harm no foul. My suggestion is everyone be patient and relax. If you want to complain complain about the other lawsuits that aren't happening. There are plenty that can be filed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I think it is on the judge. As long as his ruling is issued prior to full execution date of law it's no harm no foul. My suggestion is everyone be patient and relax.

I agree. Personally, I don’t think a decision is imminent. In California, the magazine confiscation injunction was only granted the day before the law took effect. 

The wheels of justice move slow and this is probably the most impactful case this judge will ever decide. Whatever decision he makes will be challenged, appealed, publicly celebrated by one side and criticized by the other. It may end up as part of the record that goes to the Supreme Court. 
Don’t assume taking time means it’s not being taken seriously or it’s being put on the back burner. The California district court decision was 66 pages. If anything, a long time may indicate a better outcome (an injunction) since blocking a state law, especially a high profile one, is a big deal and will need to be thoroughly defended in the judge’s decision. 
Personally, I put the over/under on this sometime around thanksgiving. I also predict we will get the injunction (at least with respect to confiscation). 
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

A friend mentioned that he heard there was a big fire arms conference somewhere and some news was broken about what was happening in NJ.

Was wondering if anyone heard anything.. 

The conference your friend may be referring to might be the NJSAFECON conference that took place this past Saturday.  Refer to njsafecon.net.

If you were not aware of the conference, I recommend you listen to the gunforhire podcast, now also on youtube. It was heavily promoted there for the last several months.