njJoniGuy

Mag Ban Injunction Hearing 7/12/18

5 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Oh stop the panic....

Its not over but will be soon...

Not before this gets taken to the Supreme Court! After the way they treated him, I'm sure the soon-to-be Justice Kavanaugh will be most happy to side with the majority on ruling this ban unconstitutional, unconscionable, and unfair.

Anyway, good that I only have revolvers, they can't ask for lower "magazine" limits with those. That said, I was looking to get a full size 9mm semi. Might have to get a single stack 9mm. Maybe a 9mm 1911?

2 hours ago, runcibleman said:

Not before this gets taken to the Supreme Court! After the way they treated him, I'm sure the soon-to-be Justice Kavanaugh will be most happy to side with the majority on ruling this ban unconstitutional, unconscionable, and unfair.

Anyway, good that I only have revolvers, they can't ask for lower "magazine" limits with those. That said, I was looking to get a full size 9mm semi. Might have to get a single stack 9mm. Maybe a 9mm 1911?

Careful now. They can do what they want, including insisting you only put 5rds in your revolver... Maybe plug and then weld shut any extra holes? Hell, who knows. We have to glue shut blocked mags FFS.

so it should go without saying that I hope we prevail. in the meantime i'm not doing anything except supporting the anjrpc effort, we have no plans of moving or selling off hardware. When it becomes even more costly to live here then and only then we'll think about moving so in the meantime we are dug in, enough said

• Like 2

Denial of preliminary injunctions rarely overturned by Fed Circuit Court, unless District judge applies erroneous legal standard or if there is a change in the appropriate standard in the interim and then usually case remanded to the District Judge for reconsideration. So, the chance of any change before the grace period expires is zero. Likely the State will now move for summary judgment. Bottom line: unless this or a similar case gets to the Supreme Court and the legal standard for evaluation of mag restrictions changes we are going nowhere. 

And the decision in this case is why we don't need judges like Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. Just because historically courts have gotten it wrong and states have been allowed to infringe on the Second Amendment rights of citizens doesn't make the Unconstitutional Laws they pass suddenly Constitutional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In preparation for taking my mags to the range, and the new law still in effect/going into effect. 

I have the ability to purchase mag blocks for my pistols, they slip in under the floor plate, will this be acceptable is if I epoxy the floor plate?

Have you read his full decisions? Both majority and dissent? You should before calling BS.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No, I’m calling bs because you will not be happy till the whole cabinet is ran by commies.

Back to the block list you go.

Reminder to self: Stay out of political debates that drive blood pressure up. Wait! That’s most!

‘Nuff said.

• Like 1

No, I’m calling bs because you will not be happy till the whole cabinet is ran by commies.

Back to the block list you go.

Reminder to self: Stay out of political debates that drive blood pressure up. Wait! That’s most!

‘Nuff said.

Yes I want commies. Come on. That is just silly. I distrust anyone with connections to the Bush-Clinton Cabal. I want true Conservatives and Constitutionalists. I implore everyone to read through some of Kav's decisions then read the magazine limit injunction decision.

I'll just note that we could have a pretty good drinking game going on this board, if everyone drinks a shot every time Capt14K uses 'cabal' in a post.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 10X said:

I'll just note that we could have a pretty good drinking game going on this board, if everyone drinks a shot every time Capt14K uses 'cabal' in a post.

If we added a shot for every time Matty says, "Remember, they want you dead" - and another shot when AVB-AMG says some version of, "Smart, educated Americans all agree..."   my god, we'd all be blissfully numb in what... no more than a couple of hours?

I'm so in! :D Good thinking, 10X. You're really on fire today!

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

If we added a shot for every time Matty says, "Remember, they want you dead" - and another shot when AVB-AMG says some version of, "Smart, educated Americans all agree..."   my god, we'd all be blissfully numb in what... no more than a couple of hours?

If AVB’s post is shorter than the one he is quoting: Finish What You’ve got. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Might as well add if @Zeke makes a spelling or grammar error. 

I hope no one plans on driving tonight. 

• Like 3

That is actually funny. I'll give you that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well, Mrs. Peel, it is a fact that the leftists want us dead, our children hooked on drugs, cheap food, and even cheaper entertainment, turning tricks on the street corners for another fix, if not just powerless and amorphous blobs of deracinated units of consumption. And then they will laugh at us.

That's what Diana Feinstein and Kamala Harris want.

46 minutes ago, runcibleman said:

Well, Mrs. Peel, it is a fact that the leftists want us dead, our children hooked on drugs, cheap food, and even cheaper entertainment, turning tricks on the street corners for another fix, if not just powerless and amorphous blobs of deracinated units of consumption. And then they will laugh at us.

That's what Diana Feinstein and Kamala Harris want.

Matty, is that you?! ;)

Aaaand…you do know I'm just having some fun, right? Please don't take this as mockery of you or anyone else I named. I'm a student of human nature, so it just amuses me to no end when individuals have their own distinct writing style, theories, and what have you. I actually enjoy everyone's input... and even when I don't agree, I can often find at least a kernel of truth in most theories... or at least I can often see how people arrived at their conclusions. Like, personally? I don't think our democratic brethren want us "dead" - but I do see that among the Democratic leaders, there's an unhealthy degree of disdain towards any fellow American who dares disagree with them. Judging from some of the antics of the #resist movement on campuses, on late-night TV, harassing people out of restaurants, etc., it's pretty clear to me that they'd be delighted if Republicans, conservatives, the religious, right-leaning Independents, gun owners and all manner of other despicable "deplorables" were at least "politically dead". And that's "close enough" for me to understand how some people have reached conclusions that may sound a bit outlandish to many of us.