Sign in to follow this  
Malice4you

Metal AR500 plates at Clinton WMA?

" Spinner type targets for .22 caliber firearms MUST be placed directly at the base of the 25 yard berm so that all bullets are directed into the berm. These targets are not to be used at other yardage or berm placement. " (Taken from https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm )

I've made my own target stands that comply with Clinton's special rules, but I'd also like to finally start to use of some AR500 targets I bought a month before EFGA banned personal ...all steel and have never had the chance to use. 

My question is - am I allowed to use non-spinning 3/8" AR500 targets at the WMA range (at the 25 yard range :( )?  I know that based on what I have seen, it seems like no one gives a shit what anyone does, but I try to comply...  Even if I can't use them at 100yds like I really want...

I have two 4" single hole plates, and a 2" twin hole plate.  If I can use plates at Clinton, what is the best method of preventing ricochets?  I was thinking of making a stand to hold a chain and bolting the plates to the chain so they hang at ~10-15° downward angle, but before I go through any effort of making this, I wanna know I'm good to use em.  What height should I try to have the targets centered at?  If I can't use the AR500 plates, I do have some free flimsy spinner target I can use, but I'd much rather use the AR500...

Thanks as always

The state police shoot their ARs there I doubt anyone will complain about shooting steel there. 

I'd hang them on chain and shoot away personally. 

Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, louu said:

Just shoot a steel challenge match, it's not as scary or hard as you think. 

Perhaps, but right now I am simply looking to have fun by myself or with friends, especially if I can do so at any time I want, like some random Tuesday.  And I feel like reactive targets are also more fun for new shooters, which is another plus...