Salty

Nugget from Atlantic County

Hello All,

Name is Jerry and while I hail from faraway places, I am on temporary long-term loan to Ventnor in Atlantic County.

I have taken the “Oath” and while the first time was many, many years ago I still live by that oath today. So, it goes without saying that I am staunch supporter of the Constitution, as written.

I do my shooting at South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow Twp. A great range for those who have never shot there. On the civilian side of my life I began by shooting clay targets (Skeet & Trap) and only kept a small assortment of other hardware for home and personal defense. Since then it seemed that our country began to change, threats once only found on the other side of the pond seemed to be happening with more and more regularity within our own borders. So I dusted off some of the “Other Hardware,” joined the SJSC and started to bring myself back up to some semblance of competence once again. The problem: I was having too much fun. So from hitting the range on a once a month basis to maintain proficiency, I find myself burning a hole in my wallet on a weekly basis.

Anyway I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to the regulars. I will listen a lot, learn when appropriate, and only speak when I have something worthwhile to contribute. And for those of you that might remember "Hill Street Blues" - Be Safe Out There!

• Like 2

Hi welcome to the forum. If you are or want to get into some competition shooting check out Quinton sportsmans club. We have 3 gun, uspsa, steel challenge and idpa, there is also sporting clays, trap, skeet and 5 stand all open to the public. There is alot of rifle matches too but I don't know much about them except for the high power match witch is a really good time, it's all knock down steel.

7 hours ago, louu said:

Hi welcome to the forum. If you are or want to get into some competition shooting check out Quinton sportsmans club. We have 3 gun, uspsa, steel challenge and idpa, there is also sporting clays, trap, skeet and 5 stand all open to the public. There is alot of rifle matches too but I don't know much about them except for the high power match witch is a really good time, it's all knock down steel.

louu,

Thanks for the welcome.

I remember Quinton. I used to shoot skeet there every weekend, but that was a long time ago when I spent a lot of time in the Gloucester County area. At that time they had very little for the handgun and long gun shooter. A single 25/50 yard range if memory serves me. They had just built the new club house in front of the Skeet fields and just opened their sporting clays course when I left the area.

Jerry

17 hours ago, Salty said:

louu,

Thanks for the welcome.

I remember Quinton. I used to shoot skeet there every weekend, but that was a long time ago when I spent a lot of time in the Gloucester County area. At that time they had very little for the handgun and long gun shooter. A single 25/50 yard range if memory serves me. They had just built the new club house in front of the Skeet fields and just opened their sporting clays course when I left the area.

Jerry

It's a lot different now, there are 5 big rifle/pistol ranges from 7-100 yards and a huge rifle range 50-200 meeters.

7 hours ago, louu said:

It's a lot different now, there are 5 big rifle/pistol ranges from 7-100 yards and a huge rifle range 50-200 meeters.

louu,

Sounds like they have really expanded the place. What are your favorite disciplines to shoot?

3 hours ago, Salty said:

louu,

Sounds like they have really expanded the place. What are your favorite disciplines to shoot?

I kinda like it all, 3 gun is probably my favorite but I run the match so its to much work to have fun. Sporting clays is a really good time especially if the weather is nice, it's relaxing and challenging. Steel challenge is a ton of fun and really easy. The high-power rifle match is awesome but it seems I always have something else to do that day so I miss most of them, that match goes quick to so you get a good amount of shooting and your home in time for lunch. 

Like I said all the matches and shotgun stuff is open to the public so check the website for the dates and come on out or if you want to get together during the week and do some shooting let me know. 

On 7/15/2018 at 9:19 AM, louu said:

I kinda like it all, 3 gun is probably my favorite but I run the match so its to much work to have fun. Sporting clays is a really good time especially if the weather is nice, it's relaxing and challenging. Steel challenge is a ton of fun and really easy. The high-power rifle match is awesome but it seems I always have something else to do that day so I miss most of them, that match goes quick to so you get a good amount of shooting and your home in time for lunch. 

Like I said all the matches and shotgun stuff is open to the public so check the website for the dates and come on out or if you want to get together during the week and do some shooting let me know. 

louu,

Thanks for the invite. I sent you a PM.

Jerry