67gtonut

1st Annual NJGF Shoot @ RTSP - October 21st

Great time putting faces to screen names.

@Ray Ray good to finally meet you.  You are everything I expected you to be.  I would like to adopt you as my nephew as I've adopted @Zeke but I know you'd be better behaved!!!!

@AVB-AMG you have the offer of my revolver school!!!  You'll probably wind up buying a Korth to keep company with your 1911!!!!

@Purple Patrick your camo pants might become outlawed for hunting as they would totally confuse deer!!!  Speaking of pants I remembered to wear mine.  You forget that stuff when you're as old as me.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Great time putting faces to screen names.

@Ray Ray good to finally meet you.  You are everything I expected you to be.  I would like to adopt you as my nephew as I've adopted @Zeke but I know you'd be better behaved!!!!

@AVB-AMG you have the offer of my revolver school!!!  You'll probably wind up buying a Korth to keep company with your 1911!!!!

@Purple Patrick your camo pants might become outlawed for hunting as they would totally confuse deer!!!  Speaking of pants I remembered to wear mine.  You forget that stuff when you're as old as me.

Wtf! Uncle!

• Like 2

It was great to meet everyone, and to see those of you who I already had the pleasure of meeting at the shotgun shoots or rallys.

The numerous offers to try various guns were extremely generous, and I appreciate all of them. And as has been said, if I DID try them, I would have a list about 4 times longer than the already massive excel list of guns I want.

Thank you everyone who had a hand in organizing or helping out, and for all the food.

I'm sorry I did not get a chance to say bye to everyone. Hope everyone made it home safe.

Events like this are great, I really have enjoyed putting faces to names and the greater sense of community. I am looking forward to the next event, and hope to see you guys again, and meet more new people.

Pictures should be up in a day or two, depending on work.

• Like 8

Had a great time last night.  Thanks to everyone who let my daughter and I try out your very cool guns.  The wish list got longer.

Thanks again to Rosie and CNJFO for providing all of that food.  Damjan, your welcome re: the pies.  They were from Wemrock Orchards in Freehold.  Next time I’ll try to get a few from Battleground Orchards.  A little better stuff there but its always a circus on the weekends.  

It was good to meet a lot of you all.  I’ll have to make more time at the next meet up...to actually meet up more.  

@67gtonut, thanks for putting this together. Excellent job. Looking forward to the next one.

• Like 6

Well I certainly think that the inaugural NJGF Gun Fest at RTSP was a real success!  Special thanks to @67gtonut and RTSP and to all of his efforts to turn our incessant online requests into reality and organizing a really fun evening for all of us.  Also a shout out to @Smokin .50 and CNJFO for providing the food and clothing sale, (I bought a tee shirt).  I will echo what others have already indicated that these type of get-togethers help us all, not only associate faces with screen names, but more importantly, introduces the actual real person behind those names to each other, while enjoying our collective shared interest in firearms.  I met and spoke with a number of folks last night, learning things about them, including other interests, that I found fascinating, as well as shot some amazing hand guns that I have never shot before.  I was especially appreciative of how everyone was most generous, if not eager, to tell each other about their respective guns, including when and where they got them, their history, what makes them special to them and ultimately, to share the actual experience of what it is like to shoot them.  (That Desert Eagle is a real powerful and loud cannon with a staggering percussion effect and was a scary thrill to shoot....).  

@Zeke & @Mrs.Zeke: Thanks for letting me try your cool collection of hand guns and being Port neighbors.  Same goes to @GRIZ:  If you are serious, I would very much enjoy getting some knowledgeable instruction from you to learn the proper techniques on how to become more consistently accurate when shooting a revolver.  About a year ago I looked at and held in my hand, but never shot, a Korth Sport 6” 357 Magnum revolver and was very impressed with the high quality of its fit and finish.  It would be nice, but damn, this hobby/sport can become pretty darn expensive.....  I am glad many of you had a chance to shoot my Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade 1911, .45 ACP.  It has been sitting in my safe for too long and needed the “exercise”.  Shooting it reminding me why it is such as special hand gun, compared to all my others.

I know I am not alone to say that I am looking forward to the next NJGF Gun Fest and Shotgun Shootout with all of you.

AVB-AMG

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

I shot (poorly....), some seriously nice wheel guns last night!
A new experience for me....

AVB-AMG

P.S. - @Ray Ray: I am having a hard time attempting to figure out your profile photo and how it relates to such a big guy like you.....???

You should see him in heels!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

2adb8db0c48d209aa2525a84ac82118d.jpg

Here is another. Sorry I don’t know what his handle is to tag him. @Ray Ray Help me out man

@RecessedFilter

2 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

P.S. - @Ray Ray: I am having a hard time attempting to figure out your profile photo and how it relates to such a big guy like you.....???

Great actor, great movie.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Great to meet you guys and put a face with a name. Great Job by all involved making it happen. Would definitely do it again, maybe even bi-annually, once up North and once South to make it easy for all to attend. 

Why did I think you were a spandex warrior?

Other than anyone who already talked to me, again just verifying if there is anyone who would NOT like their photos posted.  I'm quickly looking through em now, will wait til tomorrow afternoon/evening before posting just in case.  PM me and let me know.

• Like 3

Thanks to Troy and RTSP for making this a top notch event. A special thanks to everyone who let Cin and I play with your toys. Hope to see a bunch of you on 11/10.

We must all hang together for we shall certainly hang alone.

14 hours ago, GramGun79 said:

2adb8db0c48d209aa2525a84ac82118d.jpg

Here is another. Sorry I don’t know what his handle is to tag him. @Ray Ray Help me out man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damnnnnn, what an awesome pic! Thanks for that!

And what a fun night it was. Bunch of good people getting together to share laughs, conversation, and guns...hell yeah! Big thanks to Troy and anyone else involved in organizing it, RTSP ans CNJFO, you did a great job. It was nice seeing not only the usual faces but new ones as well!  

I may see if my local indoor range would be open to doing something like this maybe in December or January. I feel like these meet ups are never often enough!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Malice4you said:

Other than anyone who already talked to me, again just verifying if there is anyone who would NOT like their photos posted.  I'm quickly looking through em now, will wait til tomorrow afternoon/evening before posting just in case.  PM me and let me know.

I'd like to grab some of those images & use them on our Facebook page if it's OK with you?  Folks hammin' it up, shooting, close-ups of firearms w/o ser #'s, the food, the place, everything :) 

45 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

I'd like to grab some of those images & use them on our Facebook page if it's OK with you?  Folks hammin' it up, shooting, close-ups of firearms w/o ser #'s, the food, the place, everything :) 

Here is whatever but please blurr or cut me out if posting to Facebook. Thank you Rosey