• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• I still make fun of @Displaced Texan dropping mags because of that cheap mag well thing.
    • I can't buy a Turkish gun, but I would love one.  Maybe a used Beretta.
    • Nice work Virginia!  They accomplished something we have been incapable of here in NJ:  Stopping an out of control Democratic majority hell bent on stripping 2A rights. 
    • @High Exposure: Now that I have put 200+ rounds through my “Frankenstine” modified Glock 17, Gen4, I realize that your point about making too many modifications at once can be problematic in diagnosing separate issues and problems that requires tweaking.  During this testing on the range, I discovered that the Magpul GL Enhanced Magwell really did not work as advertised and would occasionally, (approximately once every five times), prevent a secure set connection of my loaded magazine inside within the receiver grip.  So I just removed the Magwel.  Also, it was apparent very early on that the Chambermax TA-1 charging handle was impeding the full sliding back and forth action of the slide when firing the gun, preventing the slide from returning to its loaded and ready position.  I also removed it and put the original slide cover plate back on.  I have now placed a purchase order online for the Vickers Tactical Slide Racker GSR-03, to take its place, which I hope works better and will ultimately make racking the slide easier with the Aimpoint ACRO red dot on top of it. The Aimpoint ACRO P-1 red dot sight is cool and once zeroed, makes accurately aiming at a distance over 10 yards quicker than just using the iron, (Trijicon Suppressor Night Sights).  It does make the handgun much bulkier than without it.  While I am glad that I did this addition, satisfying my curiosity, as well as joining the contingent of gun owners who are jumping on the growing bandwagon trend towards adding a red dot sight to a handgun, it also has been quite a learning experience.  As I stated in an earlier post, my modified Glock is intended to be used as a recreational gun to be used for target practice and not as a basic, dependable firearm for home/personal defense.  In my opinion, other than being an added benefit for competitive gun events, I think that the red dot sights on handguns may be somewhat of a fad or novelty as a new technological tool.  The fact that it requires batteries is just one more thing that needs to be monitored and serviced. From what I have read, I understand that for almost all personal/home defense scenarios, the range between you and the threat will be less than 15 yards (45 ft).  At that distance, along with the adrenaline induced awareness/tenseness and accelerated quickness of a required response, I believe that just using the iron sights would be sufficient for aiming.  At a closer range, say 10 yards or less, one may not really even use the sights in what presumably would be a very quick reaction time of pointing and shooting at the center of mass of the threatening person.  IMHO, the red dot sights make far more sense on a rifle where the target is at a distance of over 25 yards or more. AVB-AMG