Sign in to follow this  

Hope I don’t cause any heartache with this topic.

The way I see it, for right now if I want to do a private transfer of a long gun in NJ. All we need to do is download State of New Jersey Certificate of Eligibility (S.P. 634 [rev. 04/05]), both party’s fill out their respective sections. As long as all of the questions are answered appropriately and FID’s are good and match DL - we should be good?

i believe that last batch of bills signed by Murphy will eliminate private transfer, but does not take effect until 90 days after he signed it?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice...

10 minutes ago, Nucrunner said:

Hope I don’t cause any heartache with this topic.

The way I see it, for right now if I want to do a private transfer of a long gun in NJ. All we need to do is download State of New Jersey Certificate of Eligibility (S.P. 634 [rev. 04/05]), both party’s fill out their respective sections. As long as all of the questions are answered appropriately and FID’s are good and match DL - we should be good?

i believe that last batch of bills signed by Murphy will eliminate private transfer, but does not take effect until 90 days after he signed it?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice...

Concur.

but contact your attorney as I have only slept at a holiday inn a few times 

• Like 2

With the new law in effect, you have until midnight the night of Sept 30 to do it as you described.

Beginning on Oct 1, you must go thru a dealer and undergo a NICS for the buyer.  The dealer may (and certainly will) charge for his service and the State's NICS charge.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

With the new law in effect, you have until midnight the night of Sept 30 to do it as you described.

Beginning on Oct 1, you must go thru a dealer and undergo a NICS for the buyer.  The dealer may (and certainly will) charge for his service and the State's NICS charge.

So  its going to be a Nics and a transfer fee.

2 hours ago, silverado427 said:

So  its going to be a Nics and a transfer fee.

That's unclear now.  Does the dealer have to log it in their books?  Does a dealer actually have to take possession of the firearm?  Or does all the dealer need to do is run NICS?

All not really answered now.

That's unclear now.  Does the dealer have to log it in their books?  Does a dealer actually have to take possession of the firearm?  Or does all the dealer need to do is run NICS?
All not really answered now.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.atf.gov/file/110076/download&ved=0ahUKEwjYvO3aiaHcAhUG-J8KHfPJBzwQFggnMAE&usg=AOvVaw3GVNMYRT1srQ0rxnMBW2ow

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PK90 said:

Thanx.

That shows what ATF says but will NJ require photo, prints, retinal scan, and DNA sample in addition?

• Like 1