gleninjersey

"How It Ends" Movie On Netflix

About 30 - 45 minutes into it.  Good so far.  MUCH better than "Range 15".

Looks like a TEOTWAWKI (The End If The World As We Know It) or WORL (Without Rule Of Law) flick.  Probably a lot people on here would like it.  I just hope it doesn't have a dumb ending.  But it is just past midnight and I need to be up in 5.5 hours to walk the dog and then go to work.  So rest will have to wait.

Forest Whitaker is in it.  I like almost all his movies.  

Preview:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Matrix said:

I read the reviews.  It was not that good.  Just an OK.  Read the ending sucked.

Ending didn't suck.  It just didn't wrap it up in a nice pretty bow.  Kind of like life. 

I thought the movie was okay.  Ending was a little disappointing but not horrible.  It left a lot of questions unanswered.  And that's okay.  Because in a TEOTWAWKI situation, are people really going to have all the answers?  Probably not.

I watched it last night.  Kept me entertained to the end.  But I agree about the ending.  So mny questions, as if a sequel is required.  I won't spoil it for anyone looking to watch yet.

But they forgot that in a complete power outage, the fuel pumps wouldn't work, cash or no cash.  And that Caddy got some terrific gas mileage!

And the neighbor knew the make of the pistol by sight.  For a Seattle software developer, he sure has a good eye for firearms, lol.

• Like 1

i believe some areas, like NJ, have the fuel pumps backed up by generators.  Not all gas stations but some.

As far as the endin, I thought they left it "open for interpertation".  

i caught that with the neighbor as well!  Maybe he was an ex-njgunforums member?  I was also wondering what type of revolver he had.  I think it was a Smith.  I was impressed the main character actually picked it up.  Generally in these movies the people just walk away without picking up the gun!

i was unimpressed with Forrest Whitaker's character's lack of firearms.  I mean seriously, ex-militarty and he brings ONE gun!?  No long gun?  What the heck!?

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/10/which_nj_gas_stations_have_generators_if_joachin_h.html

i believe some areas, like NJ, have the fuel pumps backed up by generators.  Not all gas stations but some.

i caught that with the neighbor as well!  Maybe he was an ex-njgunforums member?  I was also wondering what type of revolver he had.  I think it was a Smith.  I was impressed the main character actually picked it up.  Generally in these movies the people just walk away without picking up the gun!

i was unimpressed with Forrest Whitaker's character's lack of firearms.  I mean seriously, ex-militarty and he brings ONE gun!?  No long gun?  What the heck!?
https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/10/which_nj_gas_stations_have_generators_if_joachin_h.html
Agreed. I enjoyed the movie overall.

That Range 15 movie I don't know how anyone was able to watch more than 5 minutes. I certainly couldn't. Dumbest movie I have ever seen.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 11:21 PM, gleninjersey said:

It was okay.  But nothing special.

I watched it last night. I read it had a $20 million budget, so maybe that's why it wasn't packed with tons of action/adventure compared to the $100 million big time movies out there in the theaters. We expect major CGI, so when you don't get it in Netflix original release, you're let down.

Overall, not bad, a few segments a little slow, but watchable. Kept me interested...

On 7/18/2018 at 3:53 PM, silverado427 said:

No way i would have went on a road trip like that with out at least 1 ar  and a shotty.  

Seriously! A former Marine goes on the road with only a few mags? They definitely didn't have enough ammo with them.

On 7/18/2018 at 5:05 PM, Zeke said:

No way I would have went on a road trip like that with FIL

Ha Ha, me neither. I would have done what he did days before he did.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:46 PM, gleninjersey said:

Yeah, or for the next sequel.