Sign in to follow this  
revenger

burner lock out, boiler expert needed

I have a Energy Kinetics System 2000 boiler, gas fired hot water base board and it also produces my hot water into a 40 gal storage tank

It triggers a burner lockout every year around this time when we get high heat 90+ degrees and high humidity.  It does this several times during the summer and than works fine for the rest of the year.   cant be sure if its just a coincidence it just only happens in the summer on these kind of days.  it did it during the last heat wave as well.

Any System 2K experts out there or anyone withan idea what might be causing this.

Thanks  

I have a Energy Kinetics System 2000 boiler, gas fired hot water base board and it also produces my hot water into a 40 gal storage tank

It triggers a burner lockout every year around this time when we get high heat 90+ degrees and high humidity.  It does this several times during the summer and than works fine for the rest of the year.   cant be sure if its just a coincidence it just only happens in the summer on these kind of days.  it did it during the last heat wave as well.

Any System 2K experts out there or anyone withan idea what might be causing this.

Thanks  

Outdoor temp sensor? I only use Burnham, but most new boilers have them. If that is the case it isnt programmed correctly. Should still produce DHW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk