MartyZ

Recall Murphy Petition

Not sure if this is the correct forum.

I just found this by mistake but looks like there is a recall murphy petition on change.org and appears to be pretty close to meeting it's goal of 15k signatures. Everyone should get on and sign it.

https://www.change.org/p/citizens-of-nj-recall-governor-murphy

• Like 2

Not to throw water on the fire, cause I'd like to see that happen, but I went to the petition page and read the link about Recall. It said that members of Congress can be recalled. Is Murphy considered part of Congress in the state?

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governing_recall_in_New_Jersey

6 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Not to throw water on the fire, cause I'd like to see that happen, but I went to the petition page and read the link about Recall. It said that members of Congress can be recalled. Is Murphy considered part of Congress in the state?

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governing_recall_in_New_Jersey

"The people reserve unto themselves the power to recall, after at least one year of service, any elected official in this State or representing this State in the United States Congress.

51 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

lol, I tried that also. Went back into the link, even after clearing browser history, and couldn't submit again.

You would never make a good Democrap. They would have voted 10 times each by now. Ask them how it's done, they are the masters!

49 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

"The people reserve unto themselves the power to recall, after at least one year of service, any elected official in this State or representing this State in the United States Congress.

That was my question, is he considered part of Congress? I thought he's part of the executive branch, not the legislative branch.

24 minutes ago, M4BGRINGO said:

You would never make a good Democrap. They would have voted 10 times each by now. Ask them how it's done, they are the masters!

That only works if their dead first.

15 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

That was my question, is he considered part of Congress? I thought he's part of the executive branch, not the legislative branch.

That only works if their dead first.

It says  any elected official in this State OR representing this State in the United States Congress.

He falls under the any elected official in this State. The "OR" is the key part of the law.

Here is a snippet from NJ law to recall a Governor....

Upon approval of the petition, the recall committee and other registered voters in the jurisdiction of the recall election will solicit the signatures of other registered voters in that jurisdiction. The recall effort is limited to 320 days for a Governor or 160 days for other elected officials from the date of the notice of intention. The petition requires the signatures of 25% of the registered voters in the jurisdiction, as of the last general election.

So we need an official petition signed by 25% of all registered voters in the PRNJ..........FORGET IT!

14 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Upon approval of the petition, the recall committee and other registered voters in the jurisdiction of the recall election will solicit the signatures of other registered voters in that jurisdiction. The recall effort is limited to 320 days for a Governor or 160 days for other elected officials from the date of the notice of intention. The petition requires the signatures of 25% of the registered voters in the jurisdiction, as of the last general election.

So we need an official petition signed by 25% of all registered voters in the PRNJ..........FORGET IT!

So are you saying that at least 25% NJ voters didn't vote against him?

7 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I believe only 35% of voters turned out for the election

Yes. This is the number I have been hearing from several different news sources. 

Meaning we have more republicans registered than Dems but more Dems voting than republicans. Hence we are stuck in this one party system. 

• Like 1

Turning out for the election and signing a petition are 2 different things. I just hope that more people participate in signing the petition. You never know, there could be a few Dems who sign the petition as well. I'm sure Sweeney will be more than happy to sign it.

16 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I have to agree with JohnnyB. Getting 25% of the registered voters to sign a petition is a pipe dream. Counting the number of registered voters  (5,759,295 as of 30 Nov. 2017) that would require almost 1.44 million signatures.

Sorry as much as I would like to spread around some Magic Pixie Dust and make it happen; it won't.