Sign in to follow this  
NicePants

New Laws Questions

So as I understand it, we still have a few months until the private sale thing goes into effect, so private sales are still currently under the old rules? Also, as I understand semi-auto .22LRs that have tube magazines are exempt, so there'd be no problem with trying to sell/transfer one, correct?

Tube-fed semi-auto 22's are no longer considered "Assault Weapons" if their mag capacities exceed 15 rounds.

But they are NOT EXEMPT from the new face-to-face requirement (Dealer-run NICS) effective Oct 1, 2018 (except for "immediate family" and FFL03 (C&R) transfers)

1 minute ago, njJoniGuy said:

Tube-fed semi-auto 22's are no longer considered "Assault Weapons" if their mag capacities exceed 15 rounds.

But they are NOT EXEMPT from the new face-to-face requirement (Dealer-run NICS) effective Oct 1, 2018 (except for "immediate family" and FFL03 (C&R) transfers)

Yeah that's what I figured. I might've worded that incorrectly. What I meant was that I know transferring 15 round mags and such is already a no-no, I just wanted to know if something like a Marlin 60 is exempt from that rather than the new background check requirements.

im sure they will be changing the COE'S shortly so I saved the current form to a thumb drive and printed out many copies. 

Doing this will come in handy in case you ever have to store your guns for safe keeping and away from folks who intend to harm you during a nasty divorce or if your kids friends mommy creates a false public alarm.

All my friends have owned all of our guns long before this stupid law was signed so if we trade among ourselfs nobody needs to know.

• Like 1

Nevermind provisions of law took effect immediately. Tube fed is good to go.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Nevermind provisions of law took effect immediately. Tube fed is good to go.

I had my non-assault formerly assault weapon (Marlin 60) out at SJSC last week with its new 17 round inner tube in it.

Felt strange getting 18 shots in a row downrange without reloading it!