Bully

I'm Not a Benchrest Shooter But... DAMN!!!

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/potential-new-ibs-1000yd-world-record-by-mike-wilson.3957033/#post-37271847

Mike Wilson has just shot a potential World Record Light gun group and score. With a 1.068" 50 score with 5 X's. Congratulations to one heck of a good guy. It is well deserved.

Caliber is rumored to be a 6BRA which is a 6mmBR-Norma blown out to Ackley Improved with a 35-40 degree shoulder and less taper for more powder.  If I find out more, I'll post.  This is amazing.  He held .1 for 5 shots at 1k.  Taking into account all the variables, it's hella good shooting. 

Yes, I realize that this is a very specialized rifle with a 20 pound front rest and such, but it's still amazing.   I've seen wind blow 3 different directions over 600 yards so over 1k it's probably going 5-6 different directions on the bullets course.  Spin, drop, wind...  crazy.

20180721_114247-jpg.1057917

• Like 1

Luck favors the prepared.  And the prep on the loading front alone is enough that I wouldn't/couldn't get near that.  I understand how meticulous these guys are.  And why.  

I think it's amazing.