Zeke

Rmr 06 deal

What’s an unauthorized dealer?

I bought my first RMR off a member of a swap meet on a different forum - actually I traded an Aimpoint 3x magnifier for it.

4 years later it wasn’t holding zero - common occurrence on the older models. 

I sent it back to Trijicon and it was replaced with a brand new “improved” model with no questions asked. Haven’t had a prpblem with it since.

I wouldn’t worry about it. If it is a legit Trijicon RMR, the warantee is good for the life of the device.

If the serial # comes back as out of warranty (regardless of who you bought it from), good luck getting Trijicon to do free repair work or replacement...  Their customer service is great, but they are also very strict from past experience.  As long as the warranty is still valid, they're willing to take that extra step with you free of charge.

8 hours ago, High Exposure said:

What’s an unauthorized dealer?

I bought my first RMR off a member of a swap meet on a different forum - actually I traded an Aimpoint 3x magnifier for it.

4 years later it wasn’t holding zero - common occurrence on the older models. 

I sent it back to Trijicon and it was replaced with a brand new “improved” model with no questions asked. Haven’t had a prpblem with it since.

I wouldn’t worry about it. If it is a legit Trijicon RMR, the warantee is good for the life of the device.

I should have clarified if certain dealers are selling products below their MAP pricing, will Trijicon honor the warranty? I don't think that the mfgs would go after the consumer end if the said dealer is not following their agreement. However, I was curious if anyone had encountered such a thing?

EDIT:   Disregard. I'm probably confusing Unauthorized Dealers as dealers selling below MAP pricing.

Regards,

TokenEntry

5 hours ago, TokenEntry said:

I should have clarified if certain dealers are selling products below their MAP pricing, will Trijicon honor the warranty? I don't think that the mfgs would go after the consumer end if the said dealer is not following their agreement. However, I was curious if anyone had encountered such a thing?

EDIT:   Disregard. I'm probably confusing Unauthorized Dealers as dealers selling below MAP pricing.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Doesnt matter where you got it from, long as it isnt stolen .mil gear, from what i understand.... trijicon is trijicon, doesnt matter what you paid or how you got it (ie traded, bought used on ebay, etc). The warranty transfers with the product when it changes hands as far as i understand. Part of the crazy price tag i guess.

Edit: this is obviously assuming it is Authentic, which should be a no brainer. Buy from someone reputable/with good feedback or who is otherwise well known. When i bought sights on ebay i emailed the mfg with pics for confirmation. Eotechs i got on eBay were always a concern. Their CS team knows how to tell the difference and confirmed that mine were legit.