Guest babc

Advice needed? (RE: JCPD FPID Application related)

None of these additional items are allowed by NJ law. You could go down there with copies of the appropriate sections of the law but they will probably ignore you if you can even get an appointment to see them. Your best bet might be to contact either ANJPC or NJ2AS. Better yet join these organizations before you contact them. Good luck and maybe someone on the forum has some personal experience with JCPD that will help you.

What the JCPD is doing re contacting work is illegal.  They may not add additional documents or requests from NJSP's proscribed list.  You can email ANJRPC's Operation Strikeforce ([email protected]) to let them know JC is adding docs.  JC knows they are not supposed to but as long as people let them, they will.  I believe the notarization is also illegal - as it is not proscribed in 13:54-1.4.

The forms are: STS-033, and SP-66

Fingerprints and CHRI (Criminal History Check) can be done online.

13:54-1.4 Applications for a firearms purchaser identification card and for a permit to purchase a handgun

(a) Every person applying for a firearms purchaser identification card or for a permit to purchase a handgun shall furnish such information and particulars as are set forth in the application form designated STS-33, in the case of an identification card, or STS 33A, in the case of a permit to purchase. Forms can be obtained from municipal police departments, State Police stations and licensed retail firearms dealers.

(b) The applicant shall waive any statutory or other right of confidentiality relating to institutional confinement.

(c) The applicant shall provide the names and addresses of two reputable citizens personally acquainted with him as references.

(d) The application shall be signed by the applicant and the completed application, together with two sets of the applicant's fingerprints and fees as established by N.J.A.C. 13:59 in accordance with N.J.S.A. 53:1-20.5 et seq. (P.L. 1985, c. 69), a consent for mental health records search form designated STS-1 and a nonrefundable application fee of $5.00 for a firearms identification card and $2.00 for a permit to purchase a handgun, shall be submitted to the chief of police of an organized full time police department in the municipality in which the applicant resides. If the municipality does not have an organized full time police department, application shall be made to the State Police station servicing the municipality in which the applicant resides, or to any State Police station in the case of a non-resident

• Like 1

Having lived in Jersey City for all my early life, I can attest that you can show them all the documents you want to, but they are going to do anything they want to do. it's JERSEY CITY. HUDSON COUNTY!! It's not what you know, it's who you know. They will process your  paperwork and put in a drawer and give it to you when they are good and ready.

1 hour ago, mossburger said:

Are you sure you're working at that office right now? Maybe you're not currently working. Maybe you're on a leave of absence. Maybe you forget where you work? Hey it happens.

Ha Ha.... yep..

Leave that space blank, and plead for forgiveness later, if they ask. I've never filled it in.

3 minutes ago, byronicasian said:

As mentioned above, I was informed that Jersey City has different requirements from general NJSP procedures, I'm not going to antagonize the officer reviewing my packet by being confrontational or non-compliant to his request. 

This would be the one time I would recommend calling the NJSP firearms unit

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, byronicasian said:

As mentioned above, I was informed that Jersey City has different requirements from general NJSP procedures, I'm not going to antagonize the officer reviewing my packet by being confrontational or non-compliant to his request. 

The requirements for every single police department are the same, JC is nothing special. What the NJSP do is what the JCPD needs to do, by law. Nothing wrong with asking JC to follow the law.

No specific agency packet needed.

By law, the local PD can not add to required NJ FID/PtoP paperwork as defined by the state.

Download the appropriate forms and bring them to the station already completed but unsigned.

Contact the NJSP or N.J. DCJ if they will not accept your application or process it in a timely manner.

You aren’t being confrontational or antogonistic. You are merely following the AGs directives and correctly (at least as N.J. sees it) jumping through a number of hoops. If they are not, because they are adding subsequent unnecessary hurdles, that is on them. 

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, GunsnFreedom said:

What the JCPD is doing re contacting work is illegal.  They may not add additional documents or requests from NJSP's proscribed list.  You can email ANJRPC's Operation Strikeforce ([email protected]) to let them know JC is adding docs.  JC knows they are not supposed to but as long as people let them, they will.  I believe the notarization is also illegal - as it is not proscribed in 13:54-1.4.

I would never disagree with @High Exposure because... I consider him to be all-knowing, especially on gun-related things. :) But, fyi, there was just a case a couple of weeks ago when someone on here had a friend running into problems with a local PD. I know for a fact that an ANJRPC attorney called that PD on the issue... and BOOM!... the problem magically disappeared. ANJRPC is purposefully close-to-the-vest on communicating this stuff (too much so for my taste)… but they are constantly following up on these cases (they just don't give ANY feedback to the original complainants which I think is a communications error)

So, add one more to the other peanut gallery opinions you just got! ;)….if I were you, I would do the following >>> Take a little time off sooner rather than later to pick up the packet. Take digital pics of any of the "extra" forms or requirements. Attach those pics to your email to ANJPRC (and/or to NJSP or NJ DCJ as High Exposure recommended). I just think it's important for you to get the PROOF of what they are requesting, and to FOLLOW-UP on it with someone who can properly address it. Why? Because it helps the NJ 2A community as a whole when we, as individuals, report these things). 

Then chill-axe. In September, when you're ready to take your day off... print out the "correct" forms, fill them out and bring them to the JCPD. The problem will likely be "fixed" already. Hell, if you use the strikeforce email, the JCPD won't even know it was you that complained. Why does the ANJRPC attorney need to mention YOU, after all, if they have the illegal forms in their hands? It's not like you're the only person picking up a packet, after all.

But, please don't just "go along" with their illegal requests... that's why these departments get away with this crap. Too many people capitulate.

• Like 9

On 7/25/2018 at 2:20 PM, byronicasian said:

if you had no intention of antagonizing anyone, why come here seeking advice you have no intention of following?

• Like 2