Mrs. Peel

Quoting Another Post - for Dummies (Like Me)

OK, I'm willing to reveal my astounding computer ignorance!!! Yes, after 2+ years on here... I only just discovered this shortcut. :blush: When you're logged in, of course, you see a "quote" option at the bottom of each post that you can click on to copy that entire post into your comment field. But, sometimes, when it's a lengthy post, maybe you really only want to quote a pertinent sentence or two. What to do?  

I'm a Luddite, so I was using the "quote" feature at the bottom, and either (lazily) leaving the whole quote intact or (stupidly) going into that text box and editing out some of the unwanted text. Dumbass. :facepalm: I just realized (quite by accident) that if you use your cursor to highlight just the little section you want to quote, a little black box pops up that says "quote this" - then you can click on that box and it pulls ONLY the highlighted section into your comment box.

Go ahead... MOCK ME... I can take it. LOL. But, what can I say? I just didn't know this shortcut until I tripped upon it. If we all used this feature regularly, frankly, it would tighten up our responses and we'd all have a lot less scrolling to do. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

If we all used this feature regularly, frankly, it would tighten up our responses and we'd all have a lot less scrolling to do. 

I've been doing that from the beginning. It definitely saves all that time editing out the text you don't want in the reply.

16 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Go ahead... MOCK ME... I can take it.

Nah, we wouldn't do that, but it does show, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

:crying:(ouch).

Don't be offended, I've been on one of these computer thingies for multiple decades and still learn new tricks all the time.

My feeling is, the day you stop learning new things, is the day you die.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

BANNED!!!!

5ec.gif

53 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Nor should you be offended... when you're BANNED!!!!

23 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

So sayeth another soon-to-be-banned-and-a'cryin' forum member. Harrumph! 

tenor.gif

• Like 1