revenger

Opfor to amend 15 rd limit for cops

Ahhhhh, part of the protected class....

....."The new measure, S-2846, "allows a law enforcement officer to possess and carry while off-duty a large capacity ammunition magazine capable of holding 17 rounds of ammunition or less," according to the text of the bill.

It also allows off-duty police to possess a larger magazine "provided it is used with the officer's service firearm issued by the officer's employer."

The law would effectively establish different rules for how much ammunition police and civilians can carry. It's unclear whether the existing law has affected any active-duty cops. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sniper22 said:

Ahhhhh, part of the protected class....

....."The new measure, S-2846, "allows a law enforcement officer to possess and carry while off-duty a large capacity ammunition magazine capable of holding 17 rounds of ammunition or less," according to the text of the bill.

It also allows off-duty police to possess a larger magazine "provided it is used with the officer's service firearm issued by the officer's employer."

The law would effectively establish different rules for how much ammunition police and civilians can carry. It's unclear whether the existing law has affected any active-duty cops. 

Can you say 14th.....  I hope they do.....

• Like 4

So, it is for department-issued firearms only, interesting. We all know they would never rat each other out if caught somewhere with a 15 rounder for a non-department issued weapon, ya know, the "Professional Courtesy" thing........ I think the Democraps just like to drive a wedge between us. No problem, if my po-po pals wanna carry a 30 rounder, I am all for it! Hell, some of them shoot so poorly they actually do need that many rounds!  :)

These are the traitors sponsoring the bill:

Sponsored by:

Senator  LORETTA WEINBERG

District 37 (Bergen)

Senator  STEPHEN M. SWEENEY

District 3 (Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem)

Here is the revised text:

(b)  Nothing in subsection  j. of this section shall apply to a law enforcement officer who possesses and carries while off-duty a large capacity ammunition magazine capable of holding not more than 17 rounds of ammunition that can be fed continuously and directly into a semi-automatic firearm. 

(c) Notwithstanding subparagraph (b) of this paragraph, subsection j. of this section shall not apply to a law enforcement officer who possesses and carries while off-duty a large capacity ammunition magazine capable of holding more than 17 rounds of ammunition that can be fed continuously and directly into a semi-automatic firearm provided the large capacity ammunition magazine is used with a service firearm issued to the officer by the officer’s employer for use in the officer’s official duties. 

I was thinking about this when out walking the pup a little earlier. These assholes in Trenton are basically saying our lives and personal defense are worth LESS than the life of a off-duty police officer. These are the dirtbags in Trenton where WE PAY THEIR SALARIES.

How does this new information get out to ALL gun owners and FUDDS in the state so everyone can see the disdain for the average law abiding citizens held by the politicians we pay in this state?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

Are NJ Dems this stupid or this brazen? They are handing us ammo for the magazine limit lawsuit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea lol

57 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

in a way, i think this is good.

they're making it perfectly clear now that there's 2 sets of laws. i think that'll get them slapped down.

More ammunition no pun intended as @capt14k stated

You guys need to drop the turban-bashing bullshit. Makes us all look exactly like what they think we are; racist hicks. In no way does bashing his belief system and people further our cause.
Want to call him a piece of shit? Have at it. His color, religious beliefs, and what he wears is completely irrelevant. We really all need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

• Like 9

Lambo's right! This is the 2nd thread I've had to "clean up" (a.k.a. "censor"). I loathe censoring anyone... it'd be easy to push this into the 1A Lounge, but it's an important topic. I want eyes on it. So please behave yourselves, boys! ;)

On a personal note... I've found the firearms community at-large to be GREAT - warm, friendly, open - but you'd NEVER get that impression from some of these comments. What if someone has NOT been to a range yet...? And they're just noodling around here to get an impression of us...before starting a firearms hobby? Let's stay mindful of that.

If you just need a vent session - go to the unmoderated section. Thx! Don't hate the messenger. xoxo

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Lambo's right! This is the 2nd thread I've had to "clean up" (a.k.a. "censor"). I loathe censoring anyone... it'd be easy to push this into the 1A Lounge, but it's an important topic. I want eyes on it. So please behave yourselves, boys! ;)

On a personal note... I've found the firearms community at-large to be GREAT - warm, friendly, open - but you'd NEVER get that impression from some of these comments. What if someone has NOT been to a range yet...? And there's just noodling around here to get an impression of us...? Let's stay mindful of that.

If you just need a vent session - go to the unmoderated section. Thx! Don't hate the messenger. xoxo

I was in this exact situation, before i got into shooting i was a member on here asking questions, etc...

There's some great people on here, but the stereotypes out there as far as gun owners go is far from the truth. Lets not feed the antis and turn people away. The 2nd amendment applies to everyone, including those who wear Turbans. Hell, i'm 24, a father of two, am Jewish, and am a Dual American/Israeli citizen.. just sayin.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

I was in this exact situation, before i got into shooting i was a member on here asking questions, etc...

There's some great people on here, but the stereotypes out there as far as gun owners go is far from the truth. Lets not feed the antis and turn people away. The 2nd amendment applies to everyone, including those who wear Turbans. Hell, i'm 24, a father of two, am Jewish, and am a Dual American/Israeli citizen.. just sayin.

Was there a post in this thread that was offensive towards our NJ AG that was removed? I don't see how such a post could relate to the topic at hand.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Just now, TokenEntry said:

Was there a post in this thread that was offensive towards our NJ AG that was removed? I don't see how such a post could relate to the topic at hand.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Yes, haha. Boss lady removed a bunch of Turban-Bashing and such.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

On a personal note... I've found the firearms community at-large to be GREAT - warm, friendly, open - but you'd NEVER get that impression from some of these comments. What if someone has NOT been to a range yet...? And they're just noodling around here to get an impression of us...before starting a firearms hobby? Let's stay mindful of that.

Check under "users online" You might be surprised how may "guests" are in here at any one time. We should all be more aware we're not alone.

• Like 2

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
Yup nothing about duel citizenship. In fact it is not recognized by the United States.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 8/2/2018 at 5:17 PM, Lambo2936 said:

Yes, haha. Boss lady removed a bunch of Turban-Bashing and such.

Yes is it not great we can only have free speech when we hide it in the dark recesses of a back room. Why do people get so bent when people tell you how they really feel as opposed to hiding how they feel. That is what is wrong with society today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redlines said:

Yes is it not great we can only have free speech when we hide it in the dark recesses of a back room. Why do people get so bent when people tell you how they really feel as opposed to hiding how they feel. That is what is wrong with society today. 

It's that thing called being PC. Which has been getting out of hand, you now have to watch every word or gesture for fear of offending someone.