Sign in to follow this  
silverado427

My wife totaled her car last Week

:deadhorse:  She didn't get hurt or hit anything.  It was last tuesday with that crazy rain.  Around the corner from my house there's a street  that floods out in a quick flash rain like that.

My wife calls me from the middle of the 18" river she drove into.  frantic saying I'm stuck. Naturally the first words out of my mouth are WTF.

I get there and there's 4" of water in the car, And the engine is hydro locked. The look on my face was priceless. A neighbor hood guy helped me push it  to my house. 

The Insurance adjuster came out the next day , Took one look at the interior  and said its done. And Totalled it. 

1 minute ago, fatty said:

thats horrible..  I guess the water looked shallow enough to get by.

how does insurance handle those kinds of situations?  

hope it all works out for you guys

Yeah I thought I was going to get the runaround,  I actually shocked I showed him the title and he paid me. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 10:28 PM, fatty said:

thats horrible..  I guess the water looked shallow enough to get by.

how does insurance handle those kinds of situations?  

hope it all works out for you guys

Sometimes when it's pouring rain and it's dark out, you just can't see that kind of thing until it's too late. The water's clear enough that it looks like road and it's slick enough that you can't always stop fast enough.

Sucks, silverado, that you and your wife have to spend the time dealing with this. At least the insurance didn't draw it out to a long, painful process. Sometimes they just surprise you like that and it's all straightforward.

i used to drive a towtruck. the company i wrenched/towed for was in blackwood. there's a spot on browning near the state police barraks that always floods when it rains hard. we've towed many a car out of that. the boss's stepson drove for us too, and has towed many a car out of that spot. yet.......he willingly drove right in to it in a civic si. can you say hydrolock?

On 7/28/2018 at 7:43 PM, fatty said:

maybe he thought VTEC would save his ass.  :D

Dude. The number of civics I have seen that think they are amphibious vehicles is shocking. Especially back in the 90s, they had good door seals and were light, which means they'd float just enough you could REALLY be screwed beyond belief when you gunned it into the flooded street.