SJG

Grewal to Block Plans for Printable 3-D Firearms

3 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

Wow, received that as well. Not good.  I don’t understand the significance of them blocking only mobile devices. Is anyone out of NJ and PA receiving this on their mobile devices?

My work phone is out of NY and I can't access anymore.  I was able to get on yesterday.

9 minutes ago, NJGF said:

I think that with a mobile device they can't as easily tell where the device is located based upon the IP.

Good point, thanks. 

Moreover, there are sure a lot of lawyers burning lots of manhours in recent days!

• Like 1

on mobile device, they can only tell location by the towers it's talking to or by the gps location. so you could drive with your mobile device to a free state and download. but.......one would never do that with a laptop. or have a friend in a free state download it and send it to them. or use the torrents. or use a proxy. that'd never happen. ever.

Here is all the latest plans in one torrent

http://m.thepiratebay.org/torrent/23717277/DefDist+DefCAD+3D+CAD+file+Bulk+Pack+%28xyb%29

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is all the latest plans in one torrent

http://m.thepiratebay.org/torrent/23717277/DefDist+DefCAD+3D+CAD+file+Bulk+Pack+%28xyb%29

Here is link to all their 3D plans. Bump fire devices is one file. Also plans for model airplanes.

http://m.thepiratebay.org/browse/605

Does anyone know if these files will be added to tomorrow? Everything says August 1st, but with the files already available, what is special about tomorrow? Are these just the cad files now, and 3d printer instructions are added to the files tomorrow? Or is everything just already thrown in?

1 minute ago, SJG said:

The pirate bay links work

Can free CAD be used to visualize these files?

What is needed?

How to see?

Their faq said something about using freecad to view IIRC.

The Democrats are going out of their minds!!!!

A rush to block downloadable plans for 3-D printed guns

On Monday, nine states and the District of Columbia filed a joint lawsuit in federal court in Seattle calling on the Trump administration to stop the plans from being posted, and seeking a nationwide temporary restraining order. The action was filed by Bob Ferguson, the attorney general of Washington State, who said, "If the Trump administration won't keep us safe, we will."

Joining were attorneys general from California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and Pennsylvania.

President Trump said on Tuesday that these guns did not "seem to make much sense."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/31/a-rush-to-block-downloadable-plans-for-3-d-printed-guns.html

plastic.jpg

Does anyone know if these files will be added to tomorrow? Everything says August 1st, but with the files already available, what is special about tomorrow? Are these just the cad files now, and 3d printer instructions are added to the files tomorrow? Or is everything just already thrown in?
Their faq said something about using freecad to view IIRC.
Everything on pirate bay works. They have been distributing the files for Defense Distributed for the last 5 years. Starting tomorrow Defense Distributed is going to host the files themselves again like they did prior to 2013 on Def Cad. Maybe there is newer files but the the initial release pack I don't recall a BM59 file.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Everything on pirate bay works. They have been distributing the files for Defense Distributed for the last 5 years. Starting tomorrow Defense Distributed is going to host the files themselves again like they did prior to 2013 on Def Cad. Maybe there is newer files but the the initial release pack I don't recall a BM59 file.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If someone downloaded all the files from defcad on the 29th, is there any difference from contents of those files vs what would be available tomorrow? Or did defcad just release everything early?

Is bm59 a 3d printer instruction file? Or did you mean beretta m9?

I still get a 503 error on trying to access thru a couple proxy servers, so there is either a huge demand, or someone is intentionally doing something like DOS attacks. I get the feeling there are a lotta people accessing the site and server can't keep up. Which makes me happy, all those plans out there, in the hands of thousands more people...even if it was always out there, now even more people have it and can share it...

3 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

If someone downloaded all the files from defcad on the 29th, is there any difference from contents of those files vs what would be available tomorrow? Or did defcad just release everything early?

I still get a 503 error on trying to access thru a couple proxy servers, so there is either a huge demand, or someone is intentionally doing something like DOS attacks. I get the feeling there are a lotta people accessing the site and server can't keep up. Which makes me happy, all those plans out there, in the hands of thousands more people...even if it was always out there, now even more people have it and can share it...

In one of his communications, Cody WIlliams says all files were released on 7/27, earlier than initially anticipated.

So the files should be the up to date ones.

21 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

NJ.com now has a story up.  Lets all give them a visit.

For your laugh of the day (and see the delusions of the Democrats) make sure everyone reads the Comment section of the article.... The cluelessness never sleeps in NJ...

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

The Democrats are going out of their minds!!!!

A rush to block downloadable plans for 3-D printed guns

On Monday, nine states and the District of Columbia filed a joint lawsuit in federal court in Seattle calling on the Trump administration to stop the plans from being posted, and seeking a nationwide temporary restraining order. The action was filed by Bob Ferguson, the attorney general of Washington State, who said, "If the Trump administration won't keep us safe, we will."

Joining were attorneys general from California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and Pennsylvania.

President Trump said on Tuesday that these guns did not "seem to make much sense."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/31/a-rush-to-block-downloadable-plans-for-3-d-printed-guns.html

plastic.jpg

that's not how I read it as it says, sold to the public.  selling 3d guns to the public doesn't make sense but being able to print them is fine. 

doesn't matter, not sure how they would avoid a favorable SC ruling..i.e, the anti's

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

For your laugh of the day (and see the delusions of the Democrats) make sure everyone reads the Comment section of the article.... The cluelessness never sleeps in NJ...

Although somewhere in the middle of this sea of clueless comments, someone had made a very good point:

"If the state’s documented position about these 3D guns is that “this creates an imminent risk to its citizens” are they also stating that justifiable need now exists for my CCW permit when these plans are allowed to be published? Watch how quick they shift to “this is a 1A issue and doesn’t mean 3D guns are rampant or an issue in this state” when that claim is made on a CCW application."

• Like 2

There is DOS attack at pirate bay. They have so many servers now just refresh.

M9 my bad.

Files are what is released to date. Original files are from 5 years ago like the Liberator and AR-15.

21 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

Someone (elsewhere) mentioned the aluminum bolt-together AR lower plans out there. That sounds more like a fun project for a free state...and other than some screws potentially coming loose, probably a lot more reliable.

;-)

I've not seen that one.  have a link?

Or for those of you with a little more experience ( @Bully ), there is always this method...I find both these videos fascinating to watch, and I wish I had the know-how, cause I would absolutely rock either of these if I could make them myself...

• Like 2