SJG

Grewal to Block Plans for Printable 3-D Firearms

This is insane

Any decent machine shop has been capable of making REAL gunz for over a hundred years.  CNC machining makes it even easier.

Someone figures out how to make a crappy rendition in plastic on a computer printer, and the country goes nutz.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

how exactly can a federal judge block this when there was an agreement with the doj? sounds like someone's stepping on someone's toes now.....

From Seattle, no less!

There are downloadable instructions posted on the internet as to how to make a nuclear bomb. I would be more concerned with that as opposed to 3D gun info being posted on the net

This is a first amendment case, Wilson only wants to publish this information.   Instructing people how to register to vote carry's far more destructive power than any plastic gun or for that matter a real gun.   how about we address that.    once one pulls the lever in a voting booth that action can not be undone and if the voter failed to research and understand what he is doing that vote can be disastrous to the country.     as we have lived through for 8 long years under a marxist. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SJG said:

Federal judge in Seattle blocks release of blueprints for 3D-printed guns Nationwide TRO

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/federal-judge-in-seattle-blocks-release-of-blueprints-for-3d-printed-guns/

What BS.  These emotional laws are a waste of tax dollars and just get the politicians to say they're doing something.

Google "zip gun" images and you see the link below.  We were making these as kids in the 70's.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zip+guns&rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS708US709&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_meyFz8vcAhXCpFkKHU3rBOMQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=961

9 hours ago, SJG said:

Federal judge in Seattle blocks release of blueprints for 3D-printed guns Nationwide TRO

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/federal-judge-in-seattle-blocks-release-of-blueprints-for-3d-printed-guns/

Too late they were already released all over the Internet in torrents , you just need to know how to find them. Nothing like judge shopping this has got to be stopped.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malice4you said:

Or for those of you with a little more experience ( @Bully ), there is always this method...I find both these videos fascinating to watch, and I wish I had the know-how, cause I would absolutely rock either of these if I could make them myself...

I HAVE to watch these!!

I have a little experience on a lathe and a good bit less on a milling machine.  I also own a lathe and not a mill, so.....

This stuff is very cool.  Thanks for the tag.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Malice4you said:

Or for those of you with a little more experience ( @Bully ), there is always this method...I find both these videos fascinating to watch, and I wish I had the know-how, cause I would absolutely rock either of these if I could make them myself...

This is why I love America.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone else published this address yet? But apparently, another site, codeisfreespeech.com - just published a mirror site with all of Defense Distributed's plans: https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2018/08/01/defense-distributed-takes-3d-gun-plans-offline-can-found/

This new site btw was put up by a conglomeration of 2A groups. Ha! Bring the popcorn, indeed. These sites will be popping up like crazy, I guess. They can't stop this!

Do I have concerns there might be some bad coming out of this? Yes, I personally do. But, I think the GOOD that comes out is that it will perhaps make SOME people realize the utter futility of GUN control. Anyone, anywhere can make a gun. CRIMINAL control is the answer... locking up people who do bad things for a long time... and not putting them right back on the street (like that horrible young man who shot up that Trenton festival several weeks back).

• Like 2

I seriously wonder if no AGs or elected officials had made a big deal over this, if anyone would have even cared about the release of these files. By making a big deal, people have been MORE inclined to download them. Making them harder to access means people will seek out other alternatives and ways to find the files.

Based on reactions, it seems like many were not aware of gun instructions being available online for many years. Now that they can't get em from DD, they are much more likely to come across the plans on other sites, as well as for plans like the sheet metal ar lower, sten plans, zip guns, or even the brass or aluminum can -based lowers. Maybe others didn't know about 80% lowers before, or AK or G3 or MP5 blanks. While not as easy as 'open file, print' - I suspect that making a huge deal out of this has opened the eyes of thousands of people who might decide now is a good time to start a fun new project and make their own gun.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Not sure if anyone else published this address yet? But apparently, another site, codeisfreespeech.com - just published a mirror site with all of Defense Distributed's plans: https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2018/08/01/defense-distributed-takes-3d-gun-plans-offline-can-found/

This new site btw was put up by a conglomeration of 2A groups. Ha! Bring the popcorn, indeed. These sites will be popping up like crazy, I guess. They can't stop this!

Do I have concerns there might be some bad coming out of this? Yes, I personally do. But, I think the GOOD that comes out is that it will perhaps make SOME people realize the utter futility of GUN control. Anyone, anywhere can make a gun. CRIMINAL control is the answer... locking up people who do bad things for a long time... and not putting them right back on the street (like that horrible young man who shot up that Trenton festival several weeks back).

as i'm sure you already know....there is always risk with freedom.

• Like 1

I seriously wonder if no AGs or elected officials had made a big deal over this, if anyone would have even cared about the release of these files. By making a big deal, people have been MORE inclined to download them. Making them harder to access means people will seek out other alternatives and ways to find the files.
Based on reactions, it seems like many were not aware of gun instructions being available online for many years. Now that they can't get em from DD, they are much more likely to come across the plans on other sites, as well as for plans like the sheet metal ar lower, sten plans, zip guns, or even the brass or aluminum can -based lowers. Maybe others didn't know about 80% lowers before, or AK or G3 or MP5 blanks. While not as easy as 'open file, print' - I suspect that making a huge deal out of this has opened the eyes of thousands of people who might decide now is a good time to start a fun new project and make their own gun.
From the posts a lot of people on this site didn't know these plans existed for years. Multiple that by number of Americans and that's a lot of downloads.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Malice4you said:

Werd 

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

as i'm sure you already know....there is always risk with freedom.

Freedom isn’t free

55 minutes ago, capt14k said:

From the posts a lot of people on this site didn't know these plans existed for years. Multiple that by number of Americans and that's a lot of downloads.

i remember hearing about this back when they stopped him....but i didn't know they'd been out there since then till i read this thread....

5 hours ago, capt14k said:

I never gave thought to this stuff either.  However, consistent with my earlier post, I have been interested in this topic over recent days strictly for the entertainment of the legal maneuvering and constitutional aspects.  I have no interest nor intent to ever make my own firearms. 

But all of this got me thinking……..

Thinking on a purely hypothetical level,  IF one did ever desire to possess these files for some future rainy day;  how might one do so?

Mmmmmm,   said person just might perform the following steps:

1. Bring up their VPN connection

2. Start an Internet Explorer InPrivate browser window.

3. Connect to codeisfreespeach.com

4. Right click and select “Save Target As” for each of the available items.

5. Save them all to a local hard drive folder.

6. Run the Cyberscrub Privacy Guard function to clean up all vestiges of my PC activity.

7. Move said folder containing the files into Cyberscrub’s encrypted “Infinity Safe”.

8. Delete the original folder using Cyberscrub’s Erase Beyond Recovery function.

9. Wait for that future rainy day to arrive.

What is Cyberscrub Privacy Suite?  It is a PC (not available for mobile) program that can, among it’s other capabilities; identify, locate, and erase beyond recovery all files on your PC that track your application usage and browsing activity.  There are hundreds of such places.  I purchased a license over ten years ago and renew my subscription every year($19.95 per year.) I highly recommend it as part of your efforts to safeguard your PC and online privacy.

Interestingly, in this use case; just like you store your physical guns in a physical safe; here you are storing your logical guns in an impregnable logical safe.  And when you die, the password dies with you.

(:-)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

I never gave thought to this stuff either.  However, consistent with my earlier post, I have been interested in this topic over recent days strictly for the entertainment of the legal maneuvering and constitutional aspects.  I have no interest nor intent to ever make my own firearms. 

But all of this got me thinking……..

Thinking on a purely hypothetical level,  IF one did ever desire to possess these files for some future rainy day;  how might one do so?

Mmmmmm,   said person just might perform the following steps:

1. Bring up their VPN connection

2. Start an Internet Explorer InPrivate browser window.

3. Connect to codeisfreespeach.com

4. Right click and select “Save Target As” for each of the available items.

5. Save them all to a local hard drive folder.

6. Run the Cyberscrub Privacy Guard function to clean up all vestiges of my PC activity.

7. Move said folder containing the files into Cyberscrub’s encrypted “Infinity Safe”.

8. Delete the original folder using Cyberscrub’s Erase Beyond Recovery function.

9. Wait for that future rainy day to arrive.

What is Cyberscrub Privacy Suite?  It is a PC (not available for mobile) program that can, among it’s other capabilities; identify, locate, and erase beyond recovery all files on your PC that track your application usage and browsing activity.  There are hundreds of such places.  I purchased a license over ten years ago and renew my subscription every year($19.95 per year.) I highly recommend it as part of your efforts to safeguard your PC and online privacy.

Interestingly, in this use case; just like you store your physical guns in a physical safe; here you are storing your logical guns in an impregnable logical safe.  And when you die, the password dies with you.

(:-)

I heard that bleachbit and a cloth works much better. Just download it to a thumb drive. The plans are not illegal.

I agree, plenty of ways to acquire these files. The intent of my post was also to more generally share ideas on pc security and ways to secure information that may be private to you.  Most people do not realize all the breadcrumbs that are on your pc which pose a risk to your privacy.   And yes, I hope to be around for many more years.  Just pointing out, that unlike physical items, encrypted information can remain secure indefinitely.