Sign in to follow this  
RecessedFilter

Amazing infringing

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2017/title-2c/section-2c-39-3/

2C:39-3. Prohibited Weapons and Devices.

e. Certain weapons. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckle, sandclub, slingshot, cestus or similar leather band studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood, ballistic knife, without any explainable lawful purpose, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

What possible lawful purpose would one have with a water balloon. Fun? There's no exemption for fun in NJ!

1 hour ago, NJGF said:

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2017/title-2c/section-2c-39-3/

2C:39-3. Prohibited Weapons and Devices.

e. Certain weapons. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckle, sandclub, slingshot, cestus or similar leather band studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood, ballistic knife, without any explainable lawful purpose, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

What possible lawful purpose would one have with a water balloon. Fun? There's no exemption for fun in NJ!

Wasn't the slingshot part recently changed to slungshot? For some reason I thought slingshots were now legal in NJ. 

As the law is written they are simply complying. The funny part of this is that, I was told, the inclusion of slingshots in this statute was a typographical error. The original text of the bill called for Slung Shot to be banned...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slungshot

...an overzealous secretary or an auto-correct program changed it to slingshot.

So, as Paul Harvey used to say, "Now you know the rest of the story."

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

No, that was stun guns. Those "assault" Sling shots with those "high capacity" pouches are still illegal.

Wtf they made the "super deadly assault weapon" marlin 60 legal and not slingshots? Even though I'm out I still hate NJ more and more every day! I'm going to buy my daughter a slingshot today just because I can. I'll give her a map of NJ as a target. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, BobA said:

Illegal? Or you need an FID?

2C:39-3.  Prohibited Weapons and Devices.

e.     Certain weapons.  Any person who knowingly has in his possession any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckle, sandclub, slingshot, cestus or similar leather band studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood, ballistic knife, without any explainable lawful purpose, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

27 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

2C:39-3.  Prohibited Weapons and Devices.

e.     Certain weapons.  Any person who knowingly has in his possession any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckle, sandclub, slingshot, cestus or similar leather band studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood, ballistic knife, without any explainable lawful purpose, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

COLLECTION

• Like 3

What a bunch of cucks.

It was being shipped to a residential address non-PO box.

I just ordered one off another site. My friends bachelor party is coming up and these are SO much fun to use at parties. I've had for awhile but misplaced it. Last year we had a bunch of ppl go out onto the lake in canoes and kayaks and we bombed them from the shoreline like 50-100yds away. Planning on doing something of the sort this time. We rented a gigantic lake house in upstate NY for a weekend.

• Like 2

What a bunch of cucks.
It was being shipped to a residential address non-PO box.
I just ordered one off another site. My friends bachelor party is coming up and these are SO much fun to use at parties. I've had for awhile but misplaced it. Last year we had a bunch of ppl go out onto the lake in canoes and kayaks and we bombed them from the shoreline like 50-100yds away. Planning on doing something of the sort this time. We rented a gigantic lake house in upstate NY for a weekend.

So you are shooting latex into a lake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

24 minutes ago, RecessedFilter said:

There's always the one dad asking questions!

I buy special biodegradable balloons so any we aren't able to clean up will disintegrate.

Just don't mix up your balloons.  Biodegradable isn't good in certain situations :wub:

Found an interesting book I just ordered thanks to this thread "Saps, Blackjacks, and Slungshots a History of Forgotten Weapons". Also ordered "Grand Illusion: The Prussianization of the Chilean Army". Supposed to be a must own for Chilean Firearms collectors as well as an interesting historical read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk