Sign in to follow this  
beachwhistle

New law regarding shipping ammo?

Regarding the new laws passed, was there anything about shipping ammo?

I've always had ammo and firearm stuff shipped to my office since no one is usually home to sign for these shipments. Hopped on an ammo sale form Brownell's last week and they wanted my FPID (they never asked for it before but no problem) and then refused to ship it to my office since it wasn't my home address shown on the FPID. They specifically cited New Jersey laws as the reason.

"We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately we have to follow our policy to comply with New Jersey laws. We appreciate your business."

9 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

There is a new proposed bill sitting in committee that would ban online sales of ammo. That is not law, yet. 

Existing NJ law requires a FPID for the sale of handgun ammo.  Some online retailers (like browells) comply. 

Thread over!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beachwhistle said:

It's not the need of the I'd card, it's the shipping address restriction. 

I always have it sent to my office because I don't want ammo sitting on my porch. 

All suppliers have had no problem shipping to my office in the past.

They still should not.

3 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

We're still good for now, but Murphy and Co. will come after online/mail order ammo sales soon enough.

They are waiting to see what happens in California..

Soo much for electing people to represent you.

28 minutes ago, beachwhistle said:

It's not the need of the I'd card, it's the shipping address restriction. 

I always have it sent to my office because I don't want ammo sitting on my porch. 

All suppliers have had no problem shipping to my office in the past.

Any chance it's because the shipping address doesn't match your FID address and credit card address?

Of course it doesn't. 

My FID has my home address and my office os the shipping address as is the credit card.

The quote at the bottom of my original post was there reply.

Been buying ammo for years and some vendors want the FPID and some don't bit no one has ever refused to ship to my office.

1 minute ago, beachwhistle said:

Been buying ammo for years and some vendors want the FPID and some don't bit no one has ever refused to ship to my office.

So, wouldn't the easy solution be, just order from the ones that don't require the FID?

3 minutes ago, beachwhistle said:

The quote at the bottom of my original post was there reply.

and this is what it said:

2 hours ago, beachwhistle said:

Unfortunately we have to follow our policy

If you don't like their policy, take your business elsewhere. It's a free country (sort of).

So your FOID has your home address. When you ordered you used your business address for both the Billing and Shipping address. Do I have that right?

the only thing I can think of is that they have to verify identity and can’t since your CC info doesn’t match FOID. That doesn’t explain why it went through previously though. I don’t see anything in the law that explicitly says the addresses must match. 

Might be worth calling their customer service and asking for a more detailed explanation.