JMich3

First time AR owner needs guidance

10 posts in this topic

So i recently ordered myself  my first AR . This will be my first experience with the AR platform and I’m thinking of taking a class on the basics, safety, operation and cleaning. Should i just take the one that TTC offers or is there a better route? If there’s any knowledgeable AR peeps out there that don’t mind spending a little bit of time helping a newbie I’d be willing to reimburse them however i can, range time, rounds, beer?

1 person likes this

Have you checked out AR section here?

@Golf battery good peoples.

What questions do you have?

Only cleaning tip i got yelled at for was not doing the extractor. Holy shit was it gummy with brass. Sooo take bcg all the way apart when cleaning.

1 person likes this

On 8/1/2018 at 11:49 AM, Zeke said:

Have you checked out AR section here?

@Golf battery good peoples.

What questions do you have?

Only cleaning tip i got yelled at for was not doing the extractor. Holy shit was it gummy with brass. Sooo take bcg all the way apart when cleaning.

I took mine out for the first time in 10k rounds or so and it was pretty "alright".  I only opened that up to change the spring purely as precaution.  Ran fine before & after.  If yours is loading up with brass so much that every outing you need to disassemble the extractor, I think you should invest in a new extractor.

1 hour ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

I took mine out for the first time in 10k rounds or so and it was pretty "alright".  I only opened that up to change the spring purely as precaution.  Ran fine before & after.  If yours is loading up with brass so much that every outing you need to disassemble the extractor, I think you should invest in a new extractor.

Or a new bolt.  One of the mating parts aint right if you are building up more than some carbon gunk in there. 

Heck. I've taken a couple of mine apart for thoroughness because I shot them in the rain. There really wasn't much to speak of in there at all after thousands of rounds. As for water.. well it's almost like shooting it gets that part really hot and heat makes water evaporate. ;)

4 hours ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

It’s a larue.